PDA

View Full Version : How many Sequences do you think ACR will have?

crash3
05-31-2011, 05:05 AM
ok so AC2 had 14 sequences after 2 years development, and was a pretty good length and feltfairly thorough aside from the few questions it left us thinking about

ACB had 9 (or 10 if you count da vinci disappearance) pretty short and rushed sequences after a year's development

with ACR being released within a year of ACB, do you think itll be long enough to answer all questions, finish off ezios and altairs storylines and feel like a really progressive, thorough game all at the same time

i reckon the game will need to be about 15 sequences long

what do you think?

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 05:13 AM
Yeah I think about 15. 10 for Ezio and 5 for Altair.

ShaneO7K
05-31-2011, 05:14 AM
And there will be a few Desmond sequences of him in the Black Room and his memories of being at "The Farm".

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 05:20 AM
I dont think they will class as being sequences since it is happening in the present. But then that leaves me with the question, how will Desmond's gameplay be organized in AC3 or whenever it is finally set in his time?

ShaneO7K
05-31-2011, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
I dont think they will class as being sequences since it is happening in the present. But then that leaves me with the question, how will Desmond's gameplay be organized in AC3 or whenever it is finally set in his time? Being that "The Farm" is in his past that can be called a sequence.

Don't know what the Black Room mission's could be called seeing as it's inside the animus.

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 05:35 AM
Maybe they will just be similar to the glyph in 2 and bro'hood.

crash3
05-31-2011, 06:01 AM
maybe after each sequence of either ezio or altair gameplay, we'll hear william m, say "alrite, put desmond in the safe/dark room", desmond repairs bits of his mind in between each sequence which will be ACR's equivalent of leaving the animus after each sequence, then hopefully once weve repaired desmond mind, he can leave the animus and we will eventually see where he has been taken and any new modrn day characters alongside shaun rebecca and possibly lucy?

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 06:15 AM
I doubt william and co even know about the safe room! His unconsciousness has made him go into a safe mode in the animus where somehow, he is able to repair his own mind. I think it is still quite hard to grasp the concept just yet.

Inorganic9_2
05-31-2011, 06:29 AM
It had better have much more than Brotherhood; that felt extremely rushed at times...

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 06:30 AM
^ Definitely with you on that one!
^

dxsxhxcx
05-31-2011, 06:54 AM
if this image is right (if the numbers are supposed to be sequences) we'll have at least 12 sequences (13 if we count S16 memory too)
http://img88.imageshack.us/img...76/semtt4ulocpia.png (http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9876/semtt4ulocpia.png)

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
if this image is right (if the numbers are supposed to be sequences) we'll have at least 12 sequences (13 if we count S16 memory too)
http://img88.imageshack.us/img...76/semtt4ulocpia.png (http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9876/semtt4ulocpia.png)

where did u get these image?

ShaneO7K
05-31-2011, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

where did u get these image? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> It's from the Facebook Teasers from the start.

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

where did u get these image? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> It's from the Facebook Teasers from the start. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... interesting.... will we be able to play a memory of S16?... Maybe it will be "the Truth" of AcR http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Turkiye96
05-31-2011, 08:16 AM
has to be 15+ (14 for Ezio 6 for Altair) not including dlc's. Ubi have their work cut out for them :P

ACB was an expansion that was expanded to the limit making it only 9, but revelations shoulf be a proper game

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
has to be 15+ (14 for Ezio 6 for Altair) not including dlc's. Ubi have their work cut out for them :P

ACB was an expansion that was expanded to the limit making it only 9, but revelations shoulf be a proper game

I think the only thing that made brotherhood worth to be a full game instead of a DLC was the multiplayer....

TorQue1988
05-31-2011, 09:41 AM
I hope there will be 20 sequences with at least 10 memories each http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif ....but anyway at least 15 sequences will be great, not just 8 sequences +1 memory (so called sequence 9) like ACB.

IIwangcarsII
05-31-2011, 09:42 AM
In Brotherhood there were sequences with only 3 missions in them, thats pathetic! Better not be like!

kriegerdesgottes
05-31-2011, 10:12 AM
^ agreed. Some of those "missions" were nothing more than a short unplayable cutscene on top of it and some people want to pretend like that game wasn't rushed.

crash3
05-31-2011, 10:36 AM
other open world 3rd person games like RDR and the SABOTEUR i think had perfect lengths, then again the people who made thoe arent pumping out annual sequels so a happy medium needs to be found

i hope the altair memories are proper sequences and not like the repressed memories from ACB some of those lasted just two minutes!

sassinscreed
05-31-2011, 10:44 AM
just hope more than brotherhood
because in brotherhood 80% of your time spent playing was supposed be side questes

i think they focused too much on side missions then main story in brotherhood

and i also hope that we will play real missions with altair i don't want that to be 5 min side missions

crash3
05-31-2011, 10:55 AM
i thought the quantity of side missions was really good in brotherhood, i would ahve been ok with them if they were carried over into ACR but im also all up for these new random missions, as long as they are proper missions and not time wasters, i dont want to be walking around constantinople and keep being asked to deliver letters or something

Turkiye96
05-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Ok look
ACR is very important for the franchise, because FOR ONCE they are gona tell everything and not leave us on a cliffhager... so they really need to present the best game possible so we buy the next game knowing its gona be AWESOME! ACB though just better ?n gameplay lacked in story ( my personal favourite was AC2 because of soooo many different places! and attension to detail) and used a bunch use mild missions ( but they were great for side missions)so we know the gameplay will be good for ACR but im a little worried about the story as they have only had 1 year to make it ( i hope they have added more skilled people on the job) ACB can be summed up as... <span class="ev_code_RED">SPOILER</span> Ezio goes to rome rebuilds the guilds, saves caterina bartalomeo's wife and stops la volpe, kills Juan borgia then fights cesare ( i should not be able to sum up the game in 1 scentence...)
while AC2 we actually had soooooo much to do! each sequence was a full part.
so i hope they make the game big enough to impress us and full explain everything in detail

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 12:33 PM
Ok look
ACR is very important for the franchise, because FOR ONCE they are gona tell everything and not leave us on a cliffhager... so they really need to present the best game possible so we buy the next game knowing its gona be AWESOME! ACB though just better ?n gameplay lacked in story ( my personal favourite was AC2 because of soooo many different places! and attension to detail) and used a bunch use mild missions ( but they were great for side missions)so we know the gameplay will be good for ACR but im a little worried about the story as they have only had 1 year to make it ( i hope they have added more skilled people on the job) ACB can be summed up as... <span class="ev_code_RED">SPOILER</span> Ezio goes to rome rebuilds the guilds, saves caterina bartalomeo's wife and stops la volpe, kills Juan borgia then fights cesare ( i should not be able to sum up the game in 1 scentence...)
while AC2 we actually had soooooo much to do! each sequence was a full part.
so i hope they make the game big enough to impress us and full explain everything in detail

The gameplay was not the best cuz was umbalanced...

Gameplay:
Ac>AcB>Ac2

Story:
Ac?Ac2>AcB

Missions:
Ac2>Ac>AcB

TorQue1988
05-31-2011, 02:26 PM
Gameplay:
Ac2>AcB>Ac

Story:
Ac2?Ac>AcB

Missions:
Ac2>AcB>Ac

roostersrule2
05-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Ok look
ACR is very important for the franchise, because FOR ONCE they are gona tell everything and not leave us on a cliffhager... so they really need to present the best game possible so we buy the next game knowing its gona be AWESOME! ACB though just better ?n gameplay lacked in story ( my personal favourite was AC2 because of
many different places! and attension to detail) and used a bunch use mild missions ( but they were great for side missions)so we know the
gameplay will be good for ACR but im a little worried about the story as they have only had 1 year to make it ( i hope they have added more skilled people on the job) ACB can be summed up
as... <span class="ev_code_RED">SPOILER</span> Ezio goes to rome rebuilds the guilds, saves
bartalomeo's wife and stops la volpe, kills Juan borgia then fights cesare ( i should not be able to sum up the game in 1 scentence...)
while AC2 we actually had soooooo much to do!
each sequence was a full part.

There could be a cliff hanger ACR is just going to anwser questions that left at cliffhangers in different games

TwentyGlyphs
05-31-2011, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
There could be a cliff hanger ACR is just going to anwser questions that left at cliffhangers in different games

I was going to say this too. I would definitely still expect a cliffhanger, maybe even bigger than Brotherhood's. Just because they're going to answer questions doesn't mean they'll tell us exactly how the story will end in AC3 and not end with a cliffhanger. It sounds like they're setting out to answer a lot of questions about what is going on in the AC world with regards to Those Who Came Before, Adam and Eve, 2012, Subject 16, Altair's discoveries, etc. I honestly don't know how they expected to wrap all these questions raised in AC2 up in just one more game if they hadn't done these extra games.

I personally hope that they answer a lot of questions, but not reveal every single detail about the past, or not spell it all out entirely. I would like to see Revelations set up the plot of what exactly Desmond needs to do to stop the 2012 catastrophe from happening, then end on a cliffhanger with Desmond waking up from his coma to something shocking. Then in AC3 while Desmond is going about his mission, there should be one or two more twists in the story that are surprises and lead us to the end of the 2012 plot.

But I would definitely expect a cliffhanger at the end of Revelations. It's become the series' trademark, and keeps the interest high leading into the next game. They just need to end AC3 on a satisfying note.

Back on topic, I hope the sequences are at least longer in Revelations than Brotherhood. Seven was plenty for the first game, but much more happened in each one than Brotherhood. I hope by making the side missions more about random events in the world we get more focus on story missions and also a more fun open world to play around in. There definitely needs to be more focus on assassinating major targets in the sequences as well, with more backstory for the targets.

gohanks10
05-31-2011, 07:44 PM
assassins creed brotherhood was short, but it isn't because of one year of development. the story itselft was really short.

assassins creed revelations has completely new characters and story. it's not just an epilogue from AC broterhood. ac brotherhood in my opinion was a AC 2 epilogue.

the game will have 13 sequences, including one with s16. so about the another 12, here my guess:

Sequence 1: ezio in masyaf
seq.2: ezio in constantinople
seq 3: Ezio in constantinople
seq 3: ezio in constantinople
seq 4: altair first sequence
seq.5: ezio in capadoccia
seq.6: ezio in capadoccia
seq.7: ezio in constantinople
seq.8: ezio in constantinople
seq.9: altair sequence 2
seq.10: altair last sequence
seq.11: subject 16 sequence (revelations about adam and eve or whatever)
seq.12: ezio in constantinople (final battle)
seq.13: ezio in masyaf

Blind2Society
05-31-2011, 08:52 PM
Not enough.

crash3
06-01-2011, 04:31 AM
as much as i like the idea of the random side missions, i really hope they arent used to make us feel as if the game is longerwhich is what we got with the side missions in ACB, i hope the main storyline itself is physically much longer

i dont just want all the questions to be answered, i also hope there is a proper storyline within constantinople as well and also maybe more of a storyline behind the missions that other assassins go on to make all the missions seem more significant and have more meaning to them-in ACB everything seemed to just happen and that was it if you get me

i hope ACR leaves us with a clean sheet, after ACR i hope we dont have any questions to ask about ezio or altair and i hope most stuff is covered for desmond and subject 16 any remaining stuff to learn from them will be in AC3