PDA

View Full Version : xbox - can you choose your 2v2 partner?

x_gladiusDei_x
09-08-2010, 01:02 PM
I've tried to find a post dealing with this, but I'm not sure what else to search for. My question is about the console version of RUSE, for those who actually purchased it.

How does the 2v2 mechanic work? Am I able to join with a friend of mine and play ranked? Am I able to join with a friend of mine and play skirmish against a randomly matched other team? Or is the only way to play 2v2 with a friend on my team is in a custom game with a group of 3 other friends?

Thanks guys!

MaDeToFaDe
09-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Oh that's a good point.. didn't think about that.

x_gladiusDei_x
09-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Someone on another forum made brief mention that you were stuck with a random for ranked matches, without clarifying whether you could choose a partner and find a random team for 2v2 skirmish. Subtle detail, but something that's going to affect my enjoyment of the game.

PitViperB1
09-08-2010, 01:25 PM
I haven't played any ranked games yet but last night I was able to play with my friend vs 2 other guys.

Basically you host the game and wait/invite your friend. There are going to be 3 empty slots and you can kick anyone is filling your buddy's spot until he/she joins.

You can also add AI's to fill the other spots as well.

You can also turn a 4 ppl game as a Free for All and make all combinations possible AI's, nation etc.

At least last night my buddy was sending me an invite after every battle was over. Just like any Xbox game.

x_gladiusDei_x
09-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the quick answer Bravo, I'm heading out to buy it now. It sounds like Battle Stations: Pacific lobby type for skirmish games, I just hope there's some mechanic to do the same for Ranked games.

stevie7bhoy
09-08-2010, 05:44 PM
yeah that is a big let down for me 2v2 with a friend as your team-mate on command and conquer was the best thing about that game,you should be able to join a lobby with a friend then start matchmaking for a random opposition team, please release a patch to fix this as no one likes playing with a random

MaDeToFaDe
09-08-2010, 06:02 PM
You should be able to partner up with a friend in ranked. Will be sucky if you can't.

TGBigChilly3
09-09-2010, 10:50 PM
You can't.
Part of the skill is to be able to play with anyone.