PDA

View Full Version : Why is the external sound better than the internal sound?

Col_Tibbetts
11-22-2004, 10:40 PM
I just noticed this. I was watching a cool track of a B25 online mission I flew where I put 3 1000 lb bombs onto the enemy carrier from 14000 feet. SWEET! OK, enough gloating, onto the point.

While I was watching the bomb drop from the external point of view I thought "Hey, the sound is pretty good!". I was pleased by the lovely, constant drone of the mighty radials which were sounding like they should. However when I returned to the cockpit I was greeted to the usual, pulsating in and out, tinny sound that we all hear when in our cockpits.

Do you guys get this phenomenon too? Oleg should make the interior sounds as good as the exterior. It shouldn't be hard since he got the externals right.

Col_Tibbetts
11-22-2004, 10:40 PM
I just noticed this. I was watching a cool track of a B25 online mission I flew where I put 3 1000 lb bombs onto the enemy carrier from 14000 feet. SWEET! OK, enough gloating, onto the point.

While I was watching the bomb drop from the external point of view I thought "Hey, the sound is pretty good!". I was pleased by the lovely, constant drone of the mighty radials which were sounding like they should. However when I returned to the cockpit I was greeted to the usual, pulsating in and out, tinny sound that we all hear when in our cockpits.

Do you guys get this phenomenon too? Oleg should make the interior sounds as good as the exterior. It shouldn't be hard since he got the externals right.

deltorro
11-22-2004, 11:07 PM
What else are you going to hear in the cockpit? I highly doubt the screams of a bomb falling from and behind the B-25 were audible inside the cabin....Now of course, the sounds of them lawn mower engines on your left and right could indeed be improved.

Baletzan
11-23-2004, 10:20 AM
I don't think it's the game, I have this same "problem" but it's cause of my crappy soundcard. I tried the game on my friends computer and the sounds were just stunning. You might want to check your sound settings if you're having trouble with sounds in the game.