PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed II - Ubisoft Exclusive line

Ichthys91
11-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Does anyone know if this version (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81D-C8R6vuL._AA1500_.jpg) comes with any DRM?

Thanks in advance.

Jexx21
11-14-2011, 02:51 PM
all versions of AC2 come with the DRM.

XIXDunedainXIX
11-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Sadly this is the case with most of Ubisoft's recent PC games. I do believe that Brotherhood did NOT come with any DRM (a reaction to the backlash on AC2's DRM).

If you do decide to purchase it, please let me know if the Templar Lairs (missions that start with doors marked with a red Templar cross) are included in the game...it would be interesting to see if Ubisoft fixed that glitch. Thanks

Ichthys91
11-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Sam007Fisher:
Sadly this is the case with most of Ubisoft's recent PC games.

Indeed (as a legal buyer, I don't only dislike always online DRM , but also hate online activations). Unfortunately I'm among the very few who vote with my wallet.

I've learned that this version does come with DRM (but it only says in the back), and as such I've not bought it.

Dizlol
11-20-2011, 09:59 AM
They have patched it to be less severe though, AC2 now needs to be online every startup not for the whole time while playing the game!

Glad ACR will have the same DRM as Brotherhood though just the launcher with an offline mode and one time activation <3 Ubisoft for listening!

Ichthys91
11-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by JerfyNL:
They have patched it to be less severe though, AC2 now needs to be online every startup not for the whole time while playing the game!

It's a bit better, but as I said, online activation still is a reason for not to buy the game. People don't realize this now but when in a few years the activation servers cease to exist (because the game support will eventually end), they will be unable to play the game then because there is no server to activate it.

Ubisoft (and unfortunately many other publishers) doesn't realize that these DRM schemes only affect (read "hurt") the legal buyers.

Dizlol
11-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Why are you making random assumptions, Ubisoft has stated around the launch of AC2 for PC that if for some reason the DRM servers need to be taken down, they will release a patch to make AC2 DRM free...

Sad that you have to miss this masterpiece because you didn't do research... hope you buy it now.

Ichthys91
11-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Why are you making random assumptions, Ubisoft has stated around the launch of AC2 for PC that if for some reason the DRM servers need to be taken down, they will release a patch to make AC2 DRM free...

Source?

Sad that you have to miss this masterpiece because you didn't do research... hope you buy it now.

I won't. The legal costumer was not treated with respect in the first place. And I didn't miss it, since I've played the console version through a friend. Thankfully the best game of the series doesn't have such DRM schemes.

XIXDunedainXIX
11-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Hey Ichthys91

I fully understand and support your viewpoint. In fact, AC2 was the last Ubisoft game that I purchased. I've been bugging my one friend to buy Splinter Cell Conviction for 360 so that I can actually play it!

JerfyNL has got the truth of it, it has been said by Ubisoft reps that they will release a patch that allows offline play (when they take the servers down). However, Ubisoft saying something and doing something are two totally different things! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

I'm glad that you were able to play it, heck you played the definitive version! The texture pop-in and draw-distance on AC2 PC was horrific! I had to actually sit away from PC in order to play it without my eyes bleeding...it was that bad. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif