PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer is boring and lame

illincrux
12-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Seriously, there's no fun to it at all. It's like a freaking ferris wheel, round and round it goes where you get killed nobody knows.

It's L A M E!

Seriously guys, you have all these awesome weapons and gear, put it to some real use. A prime example would be Rune Halls of Valhalla. Even though it's as old as dirt, the melee combat is till awesome and for some reason NOBODY has taken advantage of it.

Seriously, put this pew pew dominance to rest and pull together a real action melee combat game that involves skill. These stupid freakin' assassin sims is not going to go anywhere except into the dust of failed ideas.

Above all, make it into like any other pro/Olympic Martial Art...if you manage to pull that off, then you will have given this game a soul that will not die.

MaKaVeLiTL
12-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Agreed

Assassin_M
12-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by illincrux:
Seriously, there's no fun to it at all. It's like a freaking ferris wheel, round and round it goes where you get killed nobody knows.

It's L A M E!

Seriously guys, you have all these awesome weapons and gear, put it to some real use. A prime example would be Rune Halls of Valhalla. Even though it's as old as dirt, the melee combat is till awesome and for some reason NOBODY has taken advantage of it.

Seriously, put this pew pew dominance to rest and pull together a real action melee combat game that involves skil. These stupid freakin' assassin sims is not going to go anywhere except into the dust of failed ideas.

Above all, make it into a like any other pro/olympic Martial Art...if you manage to pull that off, then you will have given this game a soul that will not die.
That is your opinion ?
Im assuming you cannot win a single multiplayer match ?

illincrux
12-18-2011, 12:04 AM
no i've won a couple...and i'm bored as hell.

Like, i want long winded sparing matches and not just these wham bamb thank you mams

Assassin_M
12-18-2011, 12:05 AM

Like, i want long winded sparing matches and not just these wham bamb thank you mams

Hmmmmm..
So you find stealth and sneaking to find or hide from your target, Boring ?
hmm Interesting..

illincrux
12-18-2011, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by illincrux:

Hmmmmm..
hmm Interesting.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Troll much? Or do you have anything intelligent to say other than stating the obvious?

[edit]

Just like, everything about the online mechanics is just borning. Yes I like hide and go seek, but in its current state...pfft. I'd rather shoot myself by accident or run over a bunch of marbles naked while carrying two pairs of scissors. That would be much more entertaining.

Assassin_M
12-18-2011, 12:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by illincrux:

Hmmmmm..

Troll much? Or do you have anything intelligent to say? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I bid farewell, fine fellow..
I did not intend to troll (nor have I manged to do so)
I hope you find what you want, I apologize for posting here..

This Conversation is over..

illincrux
12-18-2011, 12:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

Hmmmmm..

Troll much? Or do you have anything intelligent to say? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I bid farewell, fine fellow..
I did not intend to troll (nor have I manged to do so)
I hope you find what you want, I apologize for posting here..

This Conversation is over.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol forum nerds are lame.

Teknykk
12-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Actually I'm starting to find it boring really...I've won and lost equally as plenty matches in multiplayer, but I'm just not feeling it anymore to be honest.

On top of the few glitches here and there (being pulled off a climb from around a corner and killed for example, I mean...really?), and the annoying wait times for finding matches on a really good connection that just seems a bit touch and go depending on the day or night plus the regular annoyance of cheaters, hackers, botters and exploiters or players who do complusive stupid things like constant running, roofing, gunning or firecrackering and smoke bombing...it's just getting really dull, repeditive and boring.

Is it lame? Well...at times it can be, but it has it's good moments...generally it's just not all that fun anymore. And I'm one who likes to try unlock everything, but the income of credits is pathetic and just really slow even when you score extremely well and it doesn't help when we (PC players) get excluded from the double XP benefits (apparently this is the case).

It's his/her opinion yes...which he/she is entitled to...smart-arsed remarks like "cannot win a single match" are pointless though, and just goes to show how ignorant some of the playerbase here can be.

Personally, I'm just sitting here thinking it's time to go back to my Wii and continue playing Skyward Sword until next year when Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Diablo III come out...I'm just not feeling the multiplayer here anymore, which is a real shame to be honest.

Assassin_M
12-18-2011, 12:25 AM
I suggest both of you stop mentioning me, directly or indirectly..
Now, hop along and continue whatever is it you were talking about..

BACK ON TOPIC

illincrux
12-18-2011, 12:26 AM
Even though I've only played for a few hours tonight, those are my thoughts nearly exactly.

It's like they picked the one way that wouldn't make their multilayer base live.

Seriously Devs, please oh please take a look at Rune: Halls of Vanhalla and make the fixes. If i were to name the longest lasting online multilayer melee action fighter, it would be that game....

Serrachio
12-18-2011, 12:40 AM
Just because it doesn't involve all out combat, it does not mean that AC's multiplayer is "lame".

If you feel that way, you may be better suited to games like COD.

And next time you want to, I don't know, discuss the multiplayer even if it happens to be in less than positive terms, there is the Multiplayer Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/2361024388).

Unless you've posted it here to avoid any kind of discourse, but then you're mainly just advertising to an un-interested audience.

deadly_thought
12-18-2011, 01:13 AM
there are a million threads about this in multiplayer i much prefer my ones but the choice is up to you http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1024388/m/1531035969 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/1531035969) < this is a good place to start mostly cause it will give your complaints some validation and you may actually walk away with an argument to use as to WHY you think its lame

your welcome http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

LordWolv
12-18-2011, 01:37 AM
Your opinion is heard, and impolitely ignored.
Thank you for your contribution to our community. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Now, go away.</pre> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

SolidSage
12-18-2011, 02:09 AM
The MP did get very repetetive for me in ACB, to the point that I just put it away one day. I was doing very well in it but it had basically devolved into a kill race. I don't mind people playing it however they wanted, but, no matter how awesome the concept was, I just can't find enough out of it, to bother devoting the time. I haven't been tempted to try ACR's yet, that's how burnt out on it I feel.

I really wanted the combat engine and free roaming the full maps to be how we did it. Contesting for city dominance, 'playing' the Creed we knew, against others. The current MP approach takes such a small slice of what comprises Creed.

@Illincrux
Rune? Maybe I played a different one, but it was waaaay and I thought the melee combat wasn't all they cracked it up to be. Kinda put me off of melee combat games for a long time. Liked the idea, and being the Viking dude.
Creed's melee combat is the best ever IMO.

Big-Boss_777
12-18-2011, 02:23 AM
How old are you? 14? If you don't like the multiplayer don't touch the damn thing and stop whining about its "flaws" and comparing it to some random game no one gives a ** about. & 2 hrs? You haven't even reached the multiplayers full potential. & you have the audacity to come slander its name on the forums? Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion but yours is just stupid and spiteful.. Assassins Creed will live on successfully whether you like it or not .. Now get lost cod fanboy

THREAD FAIL

sticks165
12-18-2011, 02:26 AM
you're lame and boring.

deadly_thought
12-18-2011, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Big-Boss_777:
How old are you? 14? If you don't like the multiplayer don't touch the damn thing and stop whining about its "flaws" and comparing it to some random game no one gives a ** about. & 2 hrs? You haven't even reached the multiplayers full potential. & you have the audacity to come slander its name on the forums? Everyone here is entitled to their own opinion but yours is just stupid and spiteful.. Assassins Creed will live on successfully whether you like it or not .. Now get lost cod fanboy

THREAD FAIL

i actually disagree with this i dont think the AC community is as happy with the end product as you make out especially in regards to the MP there is a very moderate sized fanbase for it and few seem to be sticking around for the long term

most people are in agreement that ACR is probably the worst AC of the series its put me and others off AC3 id need to hear some amazing reviews from gamers to bring me back into the fold and im certainly not the only one

its only right to complain its flaws but to blatantly attack without reason is rather silly
what makes even less sense is defending a substandard game just because it says ASSASSINS CREED on the cover

so your both wrong and right at the same time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 02:53 AM
what makes even less sense is defending a substandard game just because it says ASSASSINS CREED on the cover

so your both wrong and right at the same time Big Grin

It is NOT substandard to everyone, that's what you need to grasp here.
Just bcuz you [& even if it were alot of others] hold that opinion, does NOT mean that you're numbers prove that you're right.

It's a matter of taste and what each individual got out of it. Again, in my Facebook groups I'm not seeing any of this ACR trashing going on, they love it.

You really have to stop attacking people who like it as if they're lepers & fanboys or something. I LOVE this game & I bought it after renting it & playing it 3 times.

Does it fall short in some areas? Sure. But the negatives I find are just not enough to ruin anything for me and put me off the AC brand whatsoever. I've enjoyed ACII -> ACR.

I'm fine with some criticisms & have some as well but certainly not all of them I've read.
I think there's alot of pettiness in some of it.

I don't do MP so I have no idea what it's like & won't speak to that.

Lastly I agree, there's an MP area for MP feedback, this thread belongs over there imo.

Michelasso
12-18-2011, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Big-Boss_777:

THREAD FAIL

That's your opinion. Mine is that to take resources away from the SP to make such a lame MP is simply a shame. Online gaming is not a must. I'd rather have a much greater single player experience than to be forced to play that online repetitive mess just to get the last hints and/or the trophies. At least in ACR Ubisoft listened to the customers and made the trophies more relevant for the SP requiring 100% completion and took away the level 50 requirement for MP.

Games like Assassin's Creed were meant to be single player only. The online addition has been seen by many as unrequested.

BTW there isn't only COD. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are online as well. The only difference is that their online mechanism is a lot of fun. But one can turn it off without missing much.

Inorganic9_2
12-18-2011, 04:13 AM
The game itself isn't substandard at all. However, I do agree that the multiplayer has lost a bit of the spark it had in brotherhood (well, the spark that brotherhood had before everyone decided that running/roofing was 'better'). Perhaps that's because it was new then? Or perhaps it's because I haven't been able to play online since I've been back home (slow internet)? I should play it some more before I form a proper opinion.

Also, what's with this apparent trend of "if you have a problem with the game, that's your opinion and I'm not going to listen now go away" at the moment? That's really not on.

One could easily say “if you don’t like this thread, don’t post in it”. “It is not our right to punish one for thinking what they do, no matter how much we disagree” – Altaïr

ProdiGurl
12-18-2011, 04:22 AM
Perhaps that's because it was new then?

This is more my hunch & I've said so before, but some disagree w/ me on that.

I truly do think that it's a "Matrix" syndrome... you can never out-do the first that brought all that newness & excitement.
It's very hard to recapture that [what someone else called] "it factor".

I don't believe that's all of it but I continue to believe that that's some of it.

Clarth
12-18-2011, 04:58 AM

Then go play Call of Duty or whatever.

Cry moar.

LordWolv
12-18-2011, 05:58 AM
There's no point arguing with any of us. We're all better than you in every way. Now go away.

Inorganic9_2
12-18-2011, 09:17 AM
^ see, one can have one's own opinion, as long as it agrees with yours? -__-

@Prodigurl: I'm glad I'm not the only one! I still enjoy multiplayer, but only in small doses really. I can play a few matches, then I have to do some single player to refresh myself! Maybe I should play manhunt again at some point. I only play wanted nowadays.

deadly_thought
12-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">what makes even less sense is defending a substandard game just because it says ASSASSINS CREED on the cover

so your both wrong and right at the same time Big Grin

It is NOT substandard to everyone, that's what you need to grasp here.
Just bcuz you [& even if it were alot of others] hold that opinion, does NOT mean that you're numbers prove that you're right.

It's a matter of taste and what each individual got out of it. Again, in my Facebook groups I'm not seeing any of this ACR trashing going on, they love it.

You really have to stop attacking people who like it as if they're lepers & fanboys or something. I LOVE this game & I bought it after renting it & playing it 3 times.

Does it fall short in some areas? Sure. But the negatives I find are just not enough to ruin anything for me and put me off the AC brand whatsoever. I've enjoyed ACII -> ACR.

I'm fine with some criticisms & have some as well but certainly not all of them I've read.
I think there's alot of pettiness in some of it.

I don't do MP so I have no idea what it's like & won't speak to that.

Lastly I agree, there's an MP area for MP feedback, this thread belongs over there imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the numbers are the evidence to back my position up you can carry on thats not the case all you like but that is evidence to the facts

you say yourself you dont do MP so why on earth do you feel you need to defend it and worse still think youre right having never played it is beyond me

it is substandard any game that crashes during the end credits is poorly constructed the patch (wich is now unavailable btw) was supposed to fix 47 bugs some including

game crashing when using throwing knives
game crashing during credits
npc players climbing up walls
players becoming frozen in place an remaining that way for the duration of the match
kill and stun not working << tell me thats not substandard

they havnt even got round to fixing other major issues

if youd care to read the link it names 72 bugs (so much for petty) that need patching 47 were supposed to be patched but the patch hasnt arrived yet (a week after they anounced it was available)

to sum up what youve used as an argument in a single sentence

"no no no lalalala i am not listening"

btw if youd care to read the post again i never once used the term leper or fanboy or attacked anyone

i politely disagreed

wich you are also welcome to do so but ive been playing the MP since launch so i know what im talking about here while you admit yourself that you dont even touch it

as i said blatantly attacking the game for no reason is silly but defending it relentlessly just because its an AC title is just as bad

they are both wrong and right at the same time

Skuldpt
12-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Well you gave your opinion, we have different opinions, you can't argue with that, everyone has their own opinions. If you would like more action go play. Battlefield or COD, if you want less action go play chess or domino.

In my opinion this thread is pointless since there are feedback threads in the Multiplayer forums. To me, this game is the best game ever. Your opinion was heard, now GTFO! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

deadly_thought
12-18-2011, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Skuldpt:
Well you gave your opinion, we have different opinions, you can't argue with that, everyone has their own opinions. If you would like more action go play. Battlefield or COD, if you want less action go play chess or domino.

In my opinion this thread is pointless since there are feedback threads in the Multiplayer forums. To me, this game is the best game ever. Your opinion was heard, now GTFO! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

really cause thats not what youve been saying in the multiplayer threads ROTFL

Skuldpt
12-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by deadly_thought:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skuldpt:

really cause thats not what youve been saying in the multiplayer threads ROTFL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh Rly? Then what have I been saying?

luckyto
12-19-2011, 09:23 AM
I think it's fun.

ProdiGurl
12-19-2011, 09:32 AM
@ deadly,

Well first off, this isn't the MP forum to post this thread.

Secondly, I honestly don't want to get into a war over it. I know people who play the MP, they aren't moaning about it, they like it.

My point was, your opinion is that, their opinion is something else.

I've already said in other posts that the bugs & glitches are a legit complaint, but unfortunately, I feel less sympathetic to people who act like 2 year olds on crack who just plain take that as a license to act horrible & spam the boards with their hate posts.

Yes I've bought 1 game before that had bugs in it, so bad that I couldn't even load it (when I was on PC). I was in the forums trying to get help, got none... had to wait 3 wks ....
so yes I do get it, but I didn't tear them to shreds for it.
I actually felt bad for the poor forum Mods going thru a living hell.
I consider other people in the equation.

With that said, my disk had no bugs or glitches except I had a game freeze once... & then just little stuff like a Thief buried chest high in a rooftop.

SleezeRocker
12-19-2011, 10:35 AM
One player's hate, is another players interest.

I love stealth and stalking instead of running and gunning.

I'l gladly play BrO/ACRO than call of duty any day. (Except Metal gear solid 4 online- it's combo of both shooter and stealth)

SolidSage
12-19-2011, 10:46 AM
The AC MP IS a great design and build. It IS a LOT of fun for a LOT of hours. I used mine all up in ACB though. That's where I am coming from.

The MP can still provide a lot of entertainment though, but for me now, it's in Private matches with some pals, roaming around and making our own thing out of it. Agreeing how to play or just free run tag and stuff. The community matches are so...er...chaotic. You really have to put in a lot of time to get a match that plays out in the way your feeling at the time. I LOVE roof running, it's a fundamental basic element of Creed, but it's a pain when there's a ton of it going on in matches where you really are wanting the stealth approach.

So yeah, MP, better with friends. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Assassin_M
12-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Why is this thread still here ?

Black_Widow9
12-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Why is this thread still here ?
Not sure how I missed it...
If you have Feedback please post it in the Feedback Thread in the Multiplayer Forum.
Thanks