PDA

View Full Version : More p51 tutorial videos to download...

GH_Klingstroem
12-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Here we go again! I have added 2 videos under our download page.

The new ones are the two bottom ones!

If you havent seen the rest, take your time to download them too!

http://www.50calibersixguns.com/Downloads.html

Have fun! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Skunk_438RCAF
12-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Those are some really nice BnZ tutorials. Thanks Kling http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Bearcat99
12-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Nice stuff Kling.. you know.. you ought to put some kind of intro banner at the beginning of all those videos man... Pegasus Squadron presents.. or something like that.

Skoshi Tiger
12-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the tutorals Kling.

One thing I notice, is how soothly you control the aircraft (compared to me! I feel like I'm wrestling with the planes to get them to do anything! And it shows!!!!)

Do you have your pitch mapped to the Keyboard or onto another device?

Cheers!

Skoshi Tiger!

scaredycat1
12-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Hats off to you! Your tutorials and vids are Great! P-51 has been my favorite since i was a kid,its always frusted the hell out of me in this sim.
Before i read your posts and watched your vids i was lucky to get 2 kills on qmb. Im starting to get it, get 5-7 if i follow your advice.
Your stick settings made a world of differance. Still trying to get used to the trim on the stick.. but is wayy smoother than trying to fine aim w/the stick.
Thanks again for sharing youre knowlage, made this sim Fun and exciting for me again!

GH_Klingstroem
12-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Thx guys!!

I have my pitch trim on my stick. I use the
MSFF2 stick and it has 2 buttons exactly where u've got u rihgt thumb(im right handed) My thumb never leaves the trim buttons. Every time I pull or push on the stick I trim at the same time!!

I must tell you however that my stick settings work only for the Microsfot force feedback 2 stick!
If you use a CH stick you MUST NOT change any of the inputs in IL2! Use only the CH CONTROL MANAGER that comes with the stick! There you must set "Gain" DOWN by 3-4 clicks, maybe even more, to make the stick LESS sensitive!! Il2 stick settings MUST be a deafult!! One of our squad members has a CH stick and if you change both the inputs in the game AND the inputs under the CH CONTROL MANAGER they will conflict and you will get the most wobbly stick/plane ever!!
The p51 requires Extreeeeemly filtered and damped stick settings!

One idea would be to uninstall CH CONTROL MANAGER and use the game inputs only! However if you chose to use the CH CONTROL MANAGER the game stick settings must be at deafult!
The most important thing to have a steady and successful p51 in this game is the stick settings!! Much more than any other plane!

bluedragon1950
12-14-2007, 07:56 PM
GH_Klingstroem,

When you mention trimming in final approach, I assume that you mean the rudder and elevator trimming. Is that correct?

Thx

GH_Klingstroem
12-15-2007, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by bluedragon1950:
GH_Klingstroem,

When you mention trimming in final approach, I assume that you mean the rudder and elevator trimming. Is that correct?

Thx

yes I guess u should trim the rudder as well. However the importan one is the elevator. I trim thenose up ALOT when I land aircraft IRL too and it works perfectly there too! Actually my best landings IRL tend to be when I have to push the nose down to stop the nose from goingup too much and by that keep the AC in the correct attitude for landing. Normal is to start pulling the stick as you slow down. BUT IRL i dont fly taildraggers. Anyway its works in the game aswell.
What did u think of that "take off and landing tutorial" Bludragon1950?? I wasnt sure whether to post it or not on the website...