PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Server 1.11 via router problem + Hosting via router problem

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 01:35 AM
Posted the following below to Ubisoft Technical Support to keep them busy...

Everybody having hosting problems with ubi.com should do the same!

goto
http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php
and click "Ask a Question"

schofei

---------------------------------------
Customer (schofei) 09/24/2003 08:21 PM
Dedicated Server 1.11 via router problem
Hosting via router problem

since I havent got any feedback from you, I am reposting with some additional info...

Customer (schofei) 09/24/2003 06:32 AM
Installed the Dedicated Server 1.11 with the following results:

* Server is registered in the ubi.com game lobby
* People trying to join get timeout. After quitting IL-2 FB the clients file
C:\Program files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles/conf.ini
contains the internal address of my Dedicated Server in entry
remoteHost=192.168.1.182
instead of my router's address. The network settings
- Use external IP address
- Use internal IP address
in ubi.com - Options - General settings - General have no effect. ubi.com is always sending the internal IP.

* I can join my DS via the ubi.com lobby from a second CPU within my local network

With Hyperlobby I can still host via router any IL-2 FB version without any problems. I know of many others having the same problem with hosting via router at ubi.com. They also can host via router at Hyperlobby without any problems

Thank you for further investigation.
schofei

Auto-Response (schofei) 09/10/2003 09:03 PM
No matches were found.

Customer (schofei) 09/10/2003 09:03 PM
ATTN: Demon Wraith - Ubisoft Technical Support

Hi Demon,

regarding your posting "Hosting Problems After 1.1 Patch" in the IL-2 Technical Support Forum

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_ts&id=zwefj

The "Hosting via Router Problem" was introduced beginning of August due to the 1.1b patch, so this is not a new issue.

This is what we found so far:

* hosting via router at ubi.com WAS POSSIBLE before August, since then it is no longer possible, even with the original 1.0 version

* the hosting problem at ubi.com occurs with any FB version

* the hosting problem is not restricted to a specific IL-2 FB version as hosting via router works fine with Hyperlobby or in Multiplayer mode with ANY IL-2 FB version (1.0, 1.1b, 1.1, 1.11).

* the hosting problem has NOTHING to do with a specific CPU configuration or Windows Version.

* the hosting problem is NOT depending on a specific router model.

* the hosting problem still occurs even when people configure their router to use Default Forwarding (also called DMZ on some routers), so ALL ports are open for incomming TCP and UDP connections

* the hosting problem is not depending on a single ISP, or country

* the hosting problem is not depending on a specific connection type

So gathering information about CPUs, routers, ISPs etc. doesn't make any sense to me.

The problem is caused by changes to the ubi.com software made beginning of August. Check what has changed since then.

Thank you for investigating this issue.

schofei

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 01:35 AM
Posted the following below to Ubisoft Technical Support to keep them busy...

Everybody having hosting problems with ubi.com should do the same!

goto

schofei

---------------------------------------
Customer (schofei) 09/24/2003 08:21 PM
Dedicated Server 1.11 via router problem
Hosting via router problem

since I havent got any feedback from you, I am reposting with some additional info...

Customer (schofei) 09/24/2003 06:32 AM
Installed the Dedicated Server 1.11 with the following results:

* Server is registered in the ubi.com game lobby
* People trying to join get timeout. After quitting IL-2 FB the clients file
C:\Program files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles/conf.ini
contains the internal address of my Dedicated Server in entry
remoteHost=192.168.1.182
instead of my router's address. The network settings
- Use external IP address
- Use internal IP address
in ubi.com - Options - General settings - General have no effect. ubi.com is always sending the internal IP.

* I can join my DS via the ubi.com lobby from a second CPU within my local network

With Hyperlobby I can still host via router any IL-2 FB version without any problems. I know of many others having the same problem with hosting via router at ubi.com. They also can host via router at Hyperlobby without any problems

Thank you for further investigation.
schofei

Auto-Response (schofei) 09/10/2003 09:03 PM
No matches were found.

Customer (schofei) 09/10/2003 09:03 PM
ATTN: Demon Wraith - Ubisoft Technical Support

Hi Demon,

regarding your posting "Hosting Problems After 1.1 Patch" in the IL-2 Technical Support Forum

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_ts&id=zwefj

The "Hosting via Router Problem" was introduced beginning of August due to the 1.1b patch, so this is not a new issue.

This is what we found so far:

* hosting via router at ubi.com WAS POSSIBLE before August, since then it is no longer possible, even with the original 1.0 version

* the hosting problem at ubi.com occurs with any FB version

* the hosting problem is not restricted to a specific IL-2 FB version as hosting via router works fine with Hyperlobby or in Multiplayer mode with ANY IL-2 FB version (1.0, 1.1b, 1.1, 1.11).

* the hosting problem has NOTHING to do with a specific CPU configuration or Windows Version.

* the hosting problem is NOT depending on a specific router model.

* the hosting problem still occurs even when people configure their router to use Default Forwarding (also called DMZ on some routers), so ALL ports are open for incomming TCP and UDP connections

* the hosting problem is not depending on a single ISP, or country

* the hosting problem is not depending on a specific connection type

So gathering information about CPUs, routers, ISPs etc. doesn't make any sense to me.

The problem is caused by changes to the ubi.com software made beginning of August. Check what has changed since then.

Thank you for investigating this issue.

schofei

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 04:39 AM
I've found that this "hosting problem" behind the router on UBI happend AFTER they updated UBI's interface software.

What it does now is forward the host's internal IP to the computer trying to connect, regardless of whether or not you have your UBI software set to external or internal IP.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 10:05 PM
BM357_TinMan wrote:
- I've found that this "hosting problem" behind the
- router on UBI happend AFTER they updated UBI's
- interface software.
-
- What it does now is forward the host's internal IP
- to the computer trying to connect, regardless of
- whether or not you have your UBI software set to
- external or internal IP.
-
-

Please everybody having problems with hosting via router with ubi.com

goto

and report your problem.

Whining in this forum doesnt help actually, since nobody from ubi really cares about this forum.

schofei