PDA

View Full Version : Counter Kills

Creepyshow
11-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Ok. Game looks kinda good and it is not repetative anymore. Main thing of this game, wich is fighting is so freaking lame!

I mean come on, you see about three counter-kill moves per weapon (sword/mace/blade/dagger). I got so bored seeing allways the same animation.

with hidden plade, ezio will most surely do the "i stab you to the both eyes" trick. Got it like twenty times in a row and maybe then something diffrent if lucky.

Same with the knife. In whole 15hours i saw TWO diffrent counter-kill moves. I dont just get it. It would be so easy to animate like 30-40 diffrent moves. Yes VERY EASY, i know cause i do it. Ubisoft is just so lazy *sight*.

Why do you allways want to ruin your games with these stupid things, i just dont get it. Maybe it is beacause consoles wont run this properly and memory would be too full.

Well i play dragon age now and it owns, thanks bioware!

phimo123-FR
11-19-2009, 10:23 AM
You sound like the "MODERN WARFARE 2 SUCKS!!!!!" guy... ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQpcO8x6NNY)

AC2 is som more than just fighting. And... I think you get more animations as you grow older... And even if it wasn't the case... I don'T care! This game is amazing!

drfeelgood8849
11-19-2009, 10:34 AM
I implore you to refrain from posting on this forum until you can make an argument that doesn't instantly make yourself out to be the stereotypical internet troll. We are civil folk on these boards and we aim to keep it that way. In response to the topic at hand: If you didn't rely on what is the easiest technique to use you might find the combat system to be quite unique and fun; combo kills alone change the pace of battle drastically.

phimo123-FR
11-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Yeah, that's a fact, counter-kills should only be use when needed, not as a way to fight... That is a implicit game mechanic for AC1 and AC2.

kazzoo
11-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Hi Creepyshow. Firstly, the language in the thread title was unacceptable so I have amended it and I have also made the title more relevant. PLease re-read the forum rules.

I can assure you that there are more than just two or three counters per weapon - moving the left stick will determine what counter you use. If you take the time to learn more moves in your Villa the fighting becomes a lot more dynamic allowing you to dodge, disarm, stun enemies and more. I'm unsure how in 15hours of gameplay you haven't noticed these features.

XxRTEKxX
11-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Counter kills, or defensive strikes/kills, is a form of fighting in itself. Sun Tzu said something about that there are 2 kinds of generals. Offensive, and defensive. One already has victory, therefore they secure it.....that being defensive. The other, offensive, does not have victory and must seek to obtain it.

The original post is by a defensive player. He simply want more variety in the defensive counter strikes. There is nothing wqrong with that.

I enjoy both, offensive and defensive, and when I choose to be defensive, I personally do want to see the same move performed by Ezio over and over again. That was the problem with AC1. Not enough variety.