PDA

View Full Version : Where is my landing man on the deck ?

VONGRAZ
10-23-2004, 03:23 AM
Almost green and red lights to help us for night landing, why not ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

VONGRAZ
10-23-2004, 03:23 AM
Almost green and red lights to help us for night landing, why not ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Chuck_Older
10-23-2004, 08:30 AM
Are you looking for landing lights, or an LSO?

Your topic title indicates you're looking for the 'batman', and your post is not very clear, actually it's confusing as hell, but you seem to actually be asking about landing lights.

Maybe if you asked your question clearly you'd get an answer?

Philipscdrw
10-23-2004, 07:08 PM
He said, "Where is my landing man on the deck? Almost red and green lights to help us for night landing, why not?"

My translation: "Can we have an LSO and also the landing light glidepath array please? I love Oleg, 1C, and Ubisoft. Elvis is alive and works in my local supermarket."

Vongraz: There is a type of glidepath display in the No Cockpit view. I've never used it, so I don't know exactly how it works. To get to No Cockpit view, press Control and F1.

p1ngu666
10-24-2004, 12:11 AM
it shows where u will end up, rather than where the plane is pointing, its pretty nifty
i havent done a night landing, but some lights would be very handy
lso must of been too hard or too much time, but lights should be easy enuff?

Tully__
10-24-2004, 12:37 AM
LSO was left out coz he'd be too small to see and doing a "picture in picture" like CFS2 would have hit frame rates too much IIRC the discussion on this issue in the early development days.

Nubarus
10-24-2004, 05:23 AM
But still some lights would have been nice, either for assistance or for finding the carriers in the dark.

Philipscdrw
10-24-2004, 10:13 AM
Yes I agree.

VFA-195 Snacky
10-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Too small or not having a few static deck crew standing around would have added to the atmosphere 10 fold. As it stands now they are ghost ships

SeaFireLIV
10-24-2004, 02:00 PM
I still think it`s a little early to say too much yet... I`m waiting to see what happens when i come in to land on a carrier at night...

People still fall into the trap of criticising before barely flying this sim. As in the past, many early claims tend to be premature...

I will find out the deal with carriers after i`ve given the Campaign a good run...

Nubarus
10-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Well Seafire, I tried many night landings and the carrier is black as night.

No light on it what so ever.

Blottogg
10-24-2004, 03:18 PM
Snacky, check the ReadMe. I don't have PF yet, but remember reading that the deck crews are turned off in the conf.ini file by default to help frame rates, but can be turned on (so to speak) by changing a 0 to a 1 in the conf.ini file.

SeaFireLIV
10-24-2004, 04:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nubarus:

No light on it what so ever. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that`s not good and a BIG oversight in that case. Surely, Carriers in WWII had lights on the deck at night to help aircraft land!!

p.s Blottogg`s correct.

fherathras
10-26-2004, 12:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nubarus:

No light on it what so ever. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that`s not good and a BIG oversight in that case. Surely, Carriers in WWII had lights on the deck at night to help aircraft land!!

p.s Blottogg`s correct. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No seafire...

They did not have lights.

SeaFireLIV
10-26-2004, 01:08 PM
If you see the other thread things have been explained. In fact it`s a little more complex than ` they had no lights`. But the issue`s been cleared.

Y`see I don`t mind as long as it`s logically explained to me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VFA-195 Snacky
10-27-2004, 03:04 AM
Kind of funny really, I can see the little guys in the gun stations just fine within 1/2 mile why would seeing a LSO with big yellow paddles be any harder to see?
Truth is theres a lot of things left out that should be there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:
LSO was left out coz he'd be too small to see and doing a "picture in picture" like CFS2 would have hit frame rates too much IIRC the discussion on this issue in the early development days. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

VFA-195 Snacky
10-27-2004, 03:04 AM
Where? I'll flip it on in a heartbeat and shutup if thats the case.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blottogg:
Snacky, check the ReadMe. I don't have PF yet, but remember reading that the deck crews are turned off in the conf.ini file by default to help frame rates, but can be turned on (so to speak) by changing a 0 to a 1 in the conf.ini file. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blottogg
10-27-2004, 06:31 PM
Snacky come on, I don't even have PF and I could find this in the posted ReadMe:

3d models of humans

PF includes 3d models of human gunners manning most of our guns on ground and sea objects, such as ship and land-based flak and artillery guns, drivers and other troops inside trucks and amphibious assault vehicles, etc. However these objects cause a decrease in game's frames per second when shown, especially when related to large ships such as aircraft carrier which can have a hundred or more of these gunners in close proximity.

Therefore we've made this feature turned off by default.

If you wish to turn it on, you'll need to open the conf.ini file inside your game's root directory with notepad, locate the
[game]
section, and insert the following line there:
3dgunners=1
If the line already exists and you wish to turn the feature off, replace the 1 with a 0, i.e
3dgunners=0