PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III will end Desmond's Story.

catkiller97
10-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Read this - Assassin's Creed III will end Desmond's Story. (http://www.gamepur.com/news/5571-rumor-assassins-creed-iii-will-end-desmonds-story-releasing-november-2012.html)

Sadly the Series will end in 2012 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Discuss!!

CRUDFACE
10-02-2011, 07:25 AM
DANG IT! you beat me to it! Happy I found this instead of starting the same thread.

So, most of the articles, which isn't very much just says the usual about Assassin's Creed Revelations.

But with AC3, I guess it'll end in one game and if they do make it into a cycle, then that means that it'll be going over the 2012 thing into something else if they want to keep their original promise of ending the game in 2012...well, the original game series anyway

Blind2Society
10-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Thanks captain obvi... ah forget it. One thing I do want to say is whoever wrote that article has a very poor grasp of the English language

lukaszep
10-02-2011, 07:56 AM
AC3 will end the current trilogy. Then a new one will start.
A franchise as successful as AC, will not end in the near future, it's making them way too much money.

RzaRecta357
10-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Most of the regulars here have been expecting this since 07. I know I have. I honestly figured they would do a few year gap in between games. I'm happy we got broterhood and revelations instead though.

thekarlone
10-02-2011, 09:02 AM
ACIII will end Desmond's story, his trilogy, his saga. But this doesn't mean the end of the franchise.

Desmond's trilogy:

ACI
- Assassin's Creed (I)
ACII
- Assassin's Creed II
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations
ACIII
- Assassin's Creed III

After ACIII there will be more AC games, but with a brand new story.

kosmoscreed
10-02-2011, 09:11 AM
The franchise is not gonna end, they sell +5 millions of every main game, it's the most succesful franchise from Ubisoft.

I'm glad III will be the end of the desmond arc or at least the current arc Altair/Ezio/????, this way they will take some time, maybe 2 or 3 years to work in the first AC game for the next generation of consoles.

CRUDFACE
10-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by kosmoscreed:
The franchise is not gonna end, they sell +5 millions of every main game, it's the most succesful franchise from Ubisoft.

I'm glad III will be the end of the desmond arc or at least the current arc Altair/Ezio/????, this way they will take some time, maybe 2 or 3 years to work in the first AC game for the next generation of consoles.

the current arc of Ezio and Altair ends in Revelations, but them not releasing one after a year is unlikely. One guy said they were goign to take a break, the guy above him said he was wrong and that he was to be quiet on the matter, ACB came out later.

The higher ups want money, therefore they'll push the development teams as hard as they can to have a game a year out until we have a history book of every important event in the world ever!

waynedavies89
10-02-2011, 09:15 AM
lol AC wont end any time soon.

dewgel
10-02-2011, 09:25 AM
A few people aren't keen on the idea that they've extended what was a trilogy into like 4 /5 games, but I'm really happy with it. It just means we have more games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Although we really shouldn't be concerning ourselves with III until we've even played Revelations.

On another topic, did they ever officially announce when Revelations was first put into production? I mean, already by May / June last year they had quite a bit of info to show us, and by E3 a full playable demo set half way through the game. That's pretty good going.

My guess would be that III has been in production for a couple of years now (albeit they may not be fully focusing on it)

rileypoole1234
10-02-2011, 09:31 AM
It's the end of Desmond's trilogy. There will be more games after ACIII, Ubisoft wouldn't just end a series this successful.

dewgel
10-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
It's the end of Desmond's trilogy. There will be more games after ACIII, Ubisoft wouldn't just end a series this successful.

Yeah, didn't they say themselves they could make a million games with the concept they've brought up, the animus' uses are endless.

AnthonyA85
10-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Yes, but they would never actually make that many, if you reuse a concept over and over again, it just gets, well, repetative and stagnant.

dewgel
10-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
Yes, but they would never actually make that many, if you reuse a concept over and over again, it just gets, well, repetative and stagnant.

It's something they could expand into hollywood or a TV series too, which no doubt we will see.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:

It's something they could expand into hollywood or a TV series too, which no doubt we will see. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I doubt that. I wouldn't be surprised if they made more AC games after ACIII, but I really doubt they'll make movies or TV series. At best maybe something along the lines of Halo Legends.

NewBlade200
10-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
Yes, but they would never actually make that many, if you reuse a concept over and over again, it just gets, well, repetative and stagnant. They can still make money. See CoD for details on the matter.

Altair661
10-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Called it, like 3 weeks ago

Right here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9481015849)

However I assume this was the inevitable, I think we all kinda new this after Brotherhood came out a year after AC2. And then they announce ACR to come out in 2011, so AC3 would come out in 2012. I kinda wish they would wait for a new console, or give it some time. But who knows that could've been working on it since AC1...

LightRey
10-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Altair661:

However I assume this was the inevitable, I think we all kinda new this after Brotherhood came out a year after AC2. And then they announce ACR to come out in 2011, so AC3 would come out in 2012. I kinda wish they would wait for a new console, or give it some time. But who knows that could've been working on it since AC1...
I think everybody called it years ago.

Altair661
10-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:

I think everybody called it years ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, well, true. I just don't see why people are surprised by this.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Altair661:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:

Oh, well, true. I just don't see why people are surprised by this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, me neither. It's probably mostly crushed hopes and dreams than surprise though.

Altair661
10-02-2011, 12:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Oh, well, true. I just don't see why people are surprised by this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, me neither. It's probably mostly crushed hopes and dreams than surprise though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im fine with them expanding the series, it's a franchise for them. But don't over do it, you have to drop it at some point. Not run it into the ground (COD)or just do it for money, (COD). I have a feeling the new halo trilogy is going to run Halo it into the ground, since they've made three games in the series without Master Cheif, and they suddenly decide to bring him in, in a new trilogy. That's called milking.

lukaszep
10-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
A few people aren't keen on the idea that they've extended what was a trilogy into like 4 /5 games, but I'm really happy with it. It just means we have more games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Although we really shouldn't be concerning ourselves with III until we've even played Revelations.

On another topic, did they ever officially announce when Revelations was first put into production? I mean, already by May / June last year they had quite a bit of info to show us, and by E3 a full playable demo set half way through the game. That's pretty good going.

My guess would be that III has been in production for a couple of years now (albeit they may not be fully focusing on it)

I'm pretty sure they spent a year on AC:B, but that was when they decided to do AC:R aswell, so they probably spent 1 year in pre-production for AC:R whilst on production for AC:B. If that is true then they've probably been on pre-production for AC3 for at least a year and developing it for one or two.

That was based off a tiny bit of knowledge and a lot of logic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LightRey
10-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:

I'm pretty sure they spent a year on AC:B, but that was when they decided to do AC:R aswell, so they probably spent 1 year in pre-production for AC:R whilst on production for AC:B. If that is true then they've probably been on pre-production for AC3 for at least a year and developing it for one or two.

That was based off a tiny bit of knowledge and a lot of logic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
just like science http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

lukaszep
10-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Yeah until you make a particle go faster than the speed of light. Bad times.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Yeah until you make a particle go faster than the speed of light. Bad times.
Nah, that's the greatest thing about science, being wrong. The thing is, we've been stuck with Einstein's Theories of Relativity and Quantum Mechanics for quite a while now, and they contradict each other, which we've attempted to solve with theories such as string theory (which was a waste of time imo). The worst thing that can happen to a scientist is finding a contradiction in the best working models and nature not telling you how you're wrong.

Serrachio
10-02-2011, 03:29 PM
What I kind of dislike is that 2012 is the definitive end for the series, after using a conspiracy theory as a deadline.

To me, it seems a little silly that Ezio's tale has taken all this time to play out, which means that AC3 is going to have a ton of pressure for Ubisoft to make, which may lead to a decrease in quality.

It seems that Ubisoft are milking their series, because if you compare the release dates of AC1 to AC2 and then AC2 to ACB and ACR, there's a decrease of a complete 2 year development cycle to a 1 year development cycle, which means that certain featured are rushed.

After all, if you're working on one game and planning another, you're having certain people going back and forth etc.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
What I kind of dislike is that 2012 is the definitive end for the series, after using a conspiracy theory as a deadline.

To me, it seems a little silly that Ezio's tale has taken all this time to play out, which means that AC3 is going to have a ton of pressure for Ubisoft to make, which may lead to a decrease in quality.

It seems that Ubisoft are milking their series, because if you compare the release dates of AC1 to AC2 and then AC2 to ACB and ACR, there's a decrease of a complete 2 year development cycle to a 1 year development cycle, which means that certain featured are rushed.

After all, if you're working on one game and planning another, you're having certain people going back and forth etc.
I'm sure they've been working on AC3 since they finished AC2 and you mustn't forget that many developments in ACB and ACR will also be used for developing AC3, so there's a lot of overlap. I don't expect many, if any rushed features.

Serrachio
10-02-2011, 03:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

I'm sure they've been working on AC3 since they finished AC2 and you mustn't forget that many developments in ACB and ACR will also be used for developing AC3, so there's a lot of overlap. I don't expect many, if any rushed features. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's always the possibility, which is why I'm a little hesitant.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

I'm sure they've been working on AC3 since they finished AC2 and you mustn't forget that many developments in ACB and ACR will also be used for developing AC3, so there's a lot of overlap. I don't expect many, if any rushed features. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's always the possibility, which is why I'm a little hesitant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's understandable. However, I have much faith in Ubisoft.

lukaszep
10-02-2011, 03:58 PM
And everyone was hesitant about AC:B and it turned out great, and that was with a shorter development cycle than AC:R and AC3.

dxsxhxcx
10-02-2011, 04:05 PM
And everyone was hesitant about AC:B and it turned out great

not everyone think this way...

kriegerdesgottes
10-02-2011, 04:07 PM
And everyone was hesitant about AC:B and it turned out great, and that was with a shorter development cycle than AC:R and AC3.

ACB, although a good game, was not as great or as vast and incredible as ACII. And as far as I know ACR has had about the same amount of time. Actually since Rome was supposed to be in ACII orignially, they already had the plans for the city done when ACII shipped for Rome which they did not have for Revelations. I believe they said they went to Constantinople for the first time in like February.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 04:12 PM
I enjoyed ACB because I took it for what it was, a huge expansion for ACII. I really think many of the fans expected it to be just as grand and influential as ACI and ACII were, which was a mistake, because thinking like that leads to disappointment.

kriegerdesgottes
10-02-2011, 04:39 PM
I enjoyed ACB because I took it for what it was, a huge expansion for ACII. I really think many of the fans expected it to be just as grand and influential as ACI and ACII were, which was a mistake, because thinking like that leads to disappointment.

Sure, I agree with that but that's the same as saying well Ubisoft says they don't want to make huge games anymore because they'd rather make money off of an expansion by only putting a year's worth into it instead of 2 or more so I hope you enjoy the expansion you're getting that was made in 10 months instead of a huge new awesome game. My big hope is that they have just had a team working on ACIII for a long time now giving them more time to make another ACII because the franchise will die eventually if they keep pumping out little Brotherhoods I'm afraid.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

Sure, I agree with that but that's the same as saying well Ubisoft says they don't want to make huge games anymore because they'd rather make money off of an expansion by only putting a year's worth into it instead of 2 or more so I hope you enjoy the expansion you're getting that was made in 10 months instead of a huge new awesome game. My big hope is that they have just had a team working on ACIII for a long time now giving them more time to make another ACII because the franchise will die eventually if they keep pumping out little Brotherhoods I'm afraid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Have faith, my friend. I don't think they'd slack off like that.

CRUDFACE
10-02-2011, 05:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

Sure, I agree with that but that's the same as saying well Ubisoft says they don't want to make huge games anymore because they'd rather make money off of an expansion by only putting a year's worth into it instead of 2 or more so I hope you enjoy the expansion you're getting that was made in 10 months instead of a huge new awesome game. My big hope is that they have just had a team working on ACIII for a long time now giving them more time to make another ACII because the franchise will die eventually if they keep pumping out little Brotherhoods I'm afraid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Have faith, my friend. I don't think they'd slack off like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's kind of like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood's assassin recruit system and mission structure. If they had worked on Brotherhood for two years, most of the nex thigns we're seeing in Revelations would have already been there. Memory 9 is only really half a memory, you can only see the other half. The memory before that is just a bunch of encounters with the apple which was very limiting and frustrating. Especially since the apple had a glitch which could kill your assassins as well as people running into the restricted zones where you couldn't go during those memories.

And what you describe requires us to lower our expectations repeatedly, yah know? It wasn't supposed to be just an expansion but be able to stand up, bigger and better than things before it. Like what sequels are supposed to do.

I'm keeping faith, if I didn't I wouldn't be Revelations, but it is slipping though a little. And for some dramatic effect http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

LightRey
10-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
It's kind of like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood's assassin recruit system and mission structure. If they had worked on Brotherhood for two years, most of the nex thigns we're seeing in Revelations would have already been there. Memory 9 is only really half a memory, you can only see the other half. The memory before that is just a bunch of encounters with the apple which was very limiting and frustrating. Especially since the apple had a glitch which could kill your assassins as well as people running into the restricted zones where you couldn't go during those memories.

And what you describe requires us to lower our expectations repeatedly, yah know? It wasn't supposed to be just an expansion but be able to stand up, bigger and better than things before it. Like what sequels are supposed to do.

I'm keeping faith, if I didn't I wouldn't be Revelations, but it is slipping though a little. And for some dramatic effect http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif
Well whatever you think of ACB, ACIII will not be like that. It will be as much of a standalone game as AC1 and AC2 were. I'm sure of it.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 05:41 PM

.. is it wrong if I think that ACB was more grand and influential than the other 2?

o.o

LightRey
10-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

.. is it wrong if I think that ACB was more grand and influential than the other 2?

o.o </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Of course not, but that's what it seemed to me. Regardless it was much grander than I originally expected it to be.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 05:46 PM
I mean, I knew it was practically a huge expansion for AC2, but I still liked it a lot more than either of the other games.

I still love the other games, of course, but I liked ACB more. But regardless, I think that they are all very close to each other in terms of level of enjoyment.

Well, except because of the repetitiveness of AC1 that actually is 2 notches lower on the enjoyment scale from AC2 and ACB. >.<

This is why I want a remake of AC1 with more interesting side quests and a general overhaul.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I mean, I knew it was practically a huge expansion for AC2, but I still liked it a lot more than either of the other games.

I still love the other games, of course, but I liked ACB more. But regardless, I think that they are all very close to each other in terms of level of enjoyment.

Well, except because of the repetitiveness of AC1 that actually is 2 notches lower on the enjoyment scale from AC2 and ACB. >.<

This is why I want a remake of AC1 with more interesting side quests and a general overhaul.
The thing about AC1 is, that the last time I replayed it, halfway through I started aching to finish it as soon as possible so that I could play ACII and not be as bored by the repetitiveness and not be annoyed by it's many little faults.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 06:01 PM
This (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921150655409/58A316507DAD031238F62E456494200DACF0E086/) is what I do when I get bored in AC1.

And to those people that say the civilian AI in AC1 is the best, you see that civilian in the picture? He just runs in circles. At least the ones in ACB (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559790098997726247/C97C49C0A8A3A743C80AC94DC37744B2F050CC41/) actually have the AI to run away from the battle and dead bodies.

LightRey
10-02-2011, 06:07 PM
This (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921150655409/58A316507DAD031238F62E456494200DACF0E086/) is what I do when I get bored in AC1.

And to those people that say the civilian AI in AC1 is the best, you see that civilian in the picture? He just runs in circles. At least the ones in ACB (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559790098997726247/C97C49C0A8A3A743C80AC94DC37744B2F050CC41/) actually have the AI to run away from the battle and dead bodies.
Ah yes, mindless massacres for funzies. Those never get old.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 06:12 PM
If ACIII ends Desmond's story, who's does it begin?

hmmm?

LightRey
10-02-2011, 06:19 PM

hmmm?

Mine... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Agentbarto
10-02-2011, 06:20 PM
How can they end something that's barely even touched. I get that it's difficult to focus on two story-lines, but they've been prioritizing the ancestral stories over the main plot I don't see how they're going to avoid that in AC III and yet give a satisfying conclusion to what is essentially the entire AC storyline.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 06:22 PM
I wonder if the main game after AC3 will be after Desmond's storyline, or if it'll be before. In a general timeline of course. Maybe Desmond's son bringing the modern-day Asssassins back, and then defeating Abstergo once and for all?

Or maybe we'll just go back in history again. Who knows?

CRUDFACE
10-02-2011, 06:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

hmmm?

Mine... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And then you find out Ezio was your ancestor...

Gnome Scat II
10-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Cough cough Subject 18 cough cough.

Anyways, if they do end it in 2012, I hope they can muster something up that is as awesome as Assassin's Creed.

naran6142
10-02-2011, 08:01 PM
i dont think they should end the series after AC3 as i think it will be to rush to put all the remaining stuff into one game

dxsxhxcx
10-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
i dont think they should end the series after AC3 as i think it will be to rush to put all the remaining stuff into one game

If I'm not wrong they said somewhere that AC3 might be another trilogy like AC2 was...

kriegerdesgottes
10-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Well whatever you think of ACB, ACIII will not be like that. It will be as much of a standalone game as AC1 and AC2 were. I'm sure of it.

As much as I worry sometimes, I do believe and agree with this. If it was any other studio except maybe Rockstar I'd be worried but Ubisoft really is the king of quality in my book and although I'm willing to bet the super talented people at Montreal don't like the yearly renditioning anymore than we do, I think if anyone can still manage to make super amazing games in that amount of time, it's Ubisoft Montreal. And like I said, I think they have certainly taken their time with ACIII and I'm sure it's been in the works for quite some time now.

E-Zekiel
10-02-2011, 08:32 PM
"The internet are very close to where ACIII will take place."

I think the most common theory has been the French Revolution. I have no theories, myself, as we have very little data about ACIII, and have only speculation and theories. One should not theorize with data. Inevitably, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Anyway. With that being the most common theory, I somewhat get the impression that that could possibly mean it's not the French Revolution, but something near it, either geographically, or chronologically.

We'll find out more after Revelations is out/has been out for a little while, I'm sure. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 08:33 PM
What about Bethesda, Valve, BioWare, DICE, Irrational Games?

All great game developers that could most likely sustain a series for a long time.

dxsxhxcx
10-02-2011, 08:46 PM
I don't know what to think about AC3 yet, I know it's a little soon to think about this but do you think Ubisoft will be able to cause the same impact the transition between AC1 and AC2 had on the players?!

of course a new setting and ancestor will help with this but I'm talking about the gameplay aspect of the game, will Ubisoft have guts to create new kill animations (this isn't a big deal I know, but shows how much effort they put in the game) instead of use the old animations from AC1/AC2/B/R and "downgrade" or even remove some gameplay aspects like Eagle Sense, the combat skills of the ancestor (making the game harder at the beginning because the ancestor will probably be a young assassin), bombs, dual hidden blade, etc..

personally, I would like to see them changing a lot of things like the weapons, the places where we use to hide from guards that are the same since AC1 (time means nothing to those hidding spots.. xD), adding new things like a customization system where we can use clothes similar to the people in the streets, etc..

I hope they are able to do this because I wouldn't like to play AC3 as another Ezio in a different place and time, if you know what I mean...

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 08:52 PM
I think AC3 will mostly be about delving into the memories of an Assassin that is already very skilled, when he finds P.O.E.s and temples, while also being Desmond and traveling the world to activate Temples or something.

kriegerdesgottes
10-02-2011, 08:58 PM
I think AC3 will mostly be about delving into the memories of an Assassin that is already very skilled, when he finds P.O.E.s and temples, while also being Desmond and traveling the world to activate Temples or something.

I think Ubisoft learned from ACII the importance of showing the assassin's full life. I never had any problems with the first game myself but a lot of people complained about being thrown into the middle of Altair's life therefore making him less relatable especially since he starts the game off as kind of a ******bag, so I'm pretty sure we won't be thrown into an already trained assassin's memories this time.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Well, we're not sure what Desmond has to do exactly with the temples and stuff, but I'm pretty sure that whatever Desmond has to do he's gonna take up a lot of AC3 time.

I can't see them going through an Assassin's whole life while also having a lot of Desmond play-time.

dxsxhxcx
10-02-2011, 09:06 PM
I agree with kriegerdesgotte, IMO the time progression implemented in AC2 was one of the best things they added in the game, I love movies that do this kind of thing and seeing this in a game is awesome, depending of the year the next ancestor will live, they could even make the city change while the time pass.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 09:07 PM
the more I think about it, the more I doubt that they'll show an Assassin's whole life, because I honestly doubt that they are going to introduce a full blown out Assassin after this great Nexus of Altiar, Ezio, and Desmond.

dxsxhxcx
10-02-2011, 09:11 PM
the more I think about it, the more I doubt that they'll show an Assassin's whole life, because I honestly doubt that they are going to introduce a full blown out Assassin after this great Nexus of Altiar, Ezio, and Desmond.

that's why I said in another thread that I don't see a reason for Desmond to use the animus again in AC3, they're making this nexus thing look so important that it seems Desmond will get up from the animus and 1HKO Abstergo once he wakes up... :P

but who knows, maybe he'll be forced to use the animus again, or won't wake up in ACR and the nexus at the end of the game will lead him to the next ancestor... let's wait and see... :P

GallopRider
10-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

I think Ubisoft learned from ACII the importance of showing the assassin's full life. I never had any problems with the first game myself but a lot of people complained about being thrown into the middle of Altair's life therefore making him less relatable especially since he starts the game off as kind of a ******bag, so I'm pretty sure we won't be thrown into an already trained assassin's memories this time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree that dropping you into the middle of a storyline (like in AC1) can be confusing and can make it a bit harder to relate to the characters. Took me several read-throughs of the AC wiki to actually get it.

Ezio's life story, on the other hand, is easy to become immersed in, as you start at the beginning and end at the end.

Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue who could be the next character. I want to be surprised. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 09:15 PM
I actually think that the nexus will allow Desmond to control the bleeding effect and effectively relive his genetic memories on the run.

And Darby made it sound like Desmond is the convergence of more than just the bloodlines of Ezio and Altiar...

Maybe instead of 1 main Assassin we'll have 2 Assassins in AC3?

40% Desmond
30% Ancestor 1
30% Ancestor 2

And one could be from the French Revolution and one from Japan. It makes everyone happy! (this sentence is more of a joke than serious)

kriegerdesgottes
10-02-2011, 09:18 PM

You don't think there will be a new assassin? because Alex and Darby have both made a reference to that already being the case. Alex straight out told Game Informer that the next game will be about another assassin and Darby said he thinks fans are looking forward to seeing the next assassin.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 09:20 PM
No, there's gonna be a new Assassin. I just don't think he'll be a full blown out ancestor like Ezio was.

AC3 probably won't be another trilogy, and it'll also need to have a good amount of Desmond gameplay if it's Desmond's last game, about 40% or more would be correct.

kriegerdesgottes
10-02-2011, 09:23 PM
No, there's gonna be a new Assassin. I just don't think he'll be a full blown out ancestor like Ezio was.

AC3 probably won't be another trilogy, and it'll also need to have a good amount of Desmond gameplay if it's Desmond's last game, about 40% or more would be correct.

oh ok I misunderstood. Alex did say however in the same interview that the new ancestor will "start the cycle anew" from assassin to master to mentor, implying that they will follow the same ACII, ACB, ACR cycle for the next assassin.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Well, the article linked in this topic says that AC3 will end Desmond's story. Now unless the title AC3 includes all of it's sub games, it's not gonna have extra games like AC2.

After all, I don't use the term AC2 to refer to AC2, ACB, and ACR.

Honestly, we're not gonna know until AC3 releases some info in about 8 months.

kriegerdesgottes
10-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Well, the article linked in this topic says that AC3 will end Desmond's story. Now unless the title AC3 includes all of it's sub games, it's not gonna have extra games like AC2.

After all, I don't use the term AC2 to refer to AC2, ACB, and ACR.

Honestly, we're not gonna know until AC3 releases some info in about 8 months.

This is true but I don't think it means that the franchise or even Desmond's story will just totally end with ACIII. It just means that Desmond will become a full blown assassin in ACIII and all of the mysteries around him will be revealed but it doesn't mean that they won't still put him in the animus for whatever reason and it certainly doesn't mean the franchise in general will end imo. But like you said, we will find out more in late April, early May.

Jexx21
10-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Isn't E3 in June?

kriegerdesgottes
10-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Isn't E3 in June?

Yeah but they always reveal the teaser and article about new game in April/May. ACII was April 6, I think Brotherhood was early May and revelations I believe was late April.

ACdork12
10-03-2011, 06:37 AM
yeah and in the truth AC:B 16 said the sun..... YOUR son... Ezio may have had children and also Ezio's so old i don't like it you watch him go from 25 to 35 to 41 and now he's like 50

ACdork12
10-03-2011, 06:48 AM

I'm sure they've been working on AC3 since they finished AC2 and you mustn't forget that many developments in ACB and ACR will also be used for developing AC3, so there's a lot of overlap. I don't expect many, if any rushed features. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> do you think any of the characters from the second game will be in ACR besides claudia

dylandidiano
10-03-2011, 07:02 AM
I wanna take a leap of faith off a building! This is terrible news!

LightRey
10-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by ACdork12:

I'm sure they've been working on AC3 since they finished AC2 and you mustn't forget that many developments in ACB and ACR will also be used for developing AC3, so there's a lot of overlap. I don't expect many, if any rushed features. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> do you think any of the characters from the second game will be in ACR besides claudia </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe it was stated that none of the characters of AC2 and ACB (excluding some of the 2012 timeline and Ezio of course) will be returning in ACR, so at best they'll be mentioned in the game.

catkiller97
10-03-2011, 08:54 AM
New detail - Eurogamer details (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-03-first-details-on-2012s-assassins-creed)

dylandidiano
10-03-2011, 09:05 AM
"Beyond the conclusion of Desmond's tale, Assassin's Creed will likely return with an all-new lead character."

So they seem to think that the series will continue after ACIII, with a new character. I doubt this, but I do hope they are right, I want it to keep going. It's not like they'd be losing money!