PDA

View Full Version : Z Force Singapore 1941

Nicholaiovitch
02-27-2008, 03:40 AM
Eighteen months in the making, 22 missions for offline Campaign or Single Missions (IL-2 1946)and includes training missions, sound files and detailed mission briefs. Please post your upload sites if you would like me to upload this project (16.2mb).
This is an "alternative history series" in that it includes HMS Indomitable that should have sailed with Z Force in 1941.
Missions concentrate on operational skills in flying out of short obstacle ridden strips and includes night carrier operations and a requirement for some "instrument" flying. Full and detailed training briefs and tracks provided.

Xiolablu3
02-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Sounds good mate, I might give it a try!

I am primarily an online flyer, but I play some single player campaigns.

Can you post a link?

leitmotiv
02-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Nice idea, but you do not have any 1941 RN aircraft in the mix of this sim (radar Swordfish and Fulmars)---naval Spitfires in 1941! Oi vey!

Nicholaiovitch
02-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Thank you for your interest and here is some more information for you:-
- Although I'm new to the forums, I have been following all the wonderful inputs from enthusiasts of IL-2 for quite some while.
- I spent a large part of my life in Singapore and the events of Z Force in 1941 became of great interest to me and that is why I have spent so much time building what is an "alternative history" of events.
- As you rightly point out, it is unfortunately not possible to construct an accurate series of events around the RN in 1941. This is why I have always explained that it is an "alternative" history geared to the prog.
- What I have I think produced is some very challenging flying in the types (Buffalo/Seafire/Gladiator) that are available, and built to the timeline surrounding the events between Dec. 1941 and February 1942. This is fiction chaps! But if you like flying these types, I know you will enjoy these missions. After spending a life in real flying (37 years) Oleg's wonderful prog. still gives me a kick.
- What I need from you is a home for this completed work which requires 16mb of files. With the link to "Extreme One" not available, who would like to host this project?

I wish to express my thanks to all the guys on this forum who have helped me get this far. I just need a little more help to get this series to any of you out there that would like to share it with me.

crucislancer
02-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Head on over to mission4today.com

They will host the files for free, all you need to do is register. I'll be sure to give it a try once you upload, and I'm sure there are folks there that will be interested as well.

Nicholaiovitch
02-28-2008, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by crucislancer:
Head on over to mission4today.com

They will host the files for free, all you need to do is register. I'll be sure to give it a try once you upload, and I'm sure there are folks there that will be interested as well.

Many thanks Crucislancer, I must say, that is the place that I thought most of missions went to nowdays. I was just not sure that RN and Commonwealth Airforces would be the place to put on Mission4today, but I am very grateful if they will host it for me.
I hope to have it available in the next couple of days and will post the link here.
Many thanks.

Nicholaiovitch
02-28-2008, 08:30 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
OK after a few attempts I have managed to post it on Mission4Today already. These guys are amazing! it is up and running for those that would like to download it. Please remember to read the text files. They will help you install it correctly and also explain why I have done things the way I have.
Have fun with it and please let me know if you would like any changes.
Here is the link:-

Z Force Singapore 1941

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3289

crucislancer
02-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Nicholaiovitch:
Many thanks Crucislancer, I must say, that is the place that I thought most of missions went to nowdays. I was just not sure that RN and Commonwealth Airforces would be the place to put on Mission4today, but I am very grateful if they will host it for me.
I hope to have it available in the next couple of days and will post the link here.
Many thanks.

My pleasure.

By the way, what rank should I start the campaign on? Perhaps I missed it in the readme, I was a bit pressed for time this morning so I breezed through it. I got everything installed, no issues at all.

Looking forward to flying for the FAA again! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Nicholaiovitch
02-28-2008, 12:33 PM
By the way, what rank should I start the campaign on? Perhaps I missed it in the readme, I was a bit pressed for time this morning so I breezed through it. I got everything installed, no issues at all.

Looking forward to flying for the FAA again! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif[/QUOTE]

You can start with any RN rank. I have covered all the angles as far as AI behaviour (I think!- after changes generated by 4.08). The problems I encountered with having more than one a/c in the same Squadron when starting missions "off runway" are described in the notes (they become suicidal in their direction of take-off!). This only applies to the Campaign: when flying as a Single mission, your partners will for the most part be available to communicate with and in the same Squadron.
This is a long winded way of saying "help yourself to rank" but do not upset "Cmdr. Will. B. Alright!"

crucislancer
02-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Nicholaiovitch:
You can start with any RN rank. I have covered all the angles as far as AI behaviour (I think!- after changes generated by 4.08). The problems I encountered with having more than one a/c in the same Squadron when starting missions "off runway" are described in the notes (they become suicidal in their direction of take-off!). This only applies to the Campaign: when flying as a Single mission, your partners will for the most part be available to communicate with and in the same Squadron.
This is a long winded way of saying "help yourself to rank" but do not upset "Cmdr. Will. B. Alright!"

LOL! Understood. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif