PDA

View Full Version : MATURE CONTENT ON ASSASSIN'S CREED

funkeq
11-02-2009, 06:58 AM
hi all - can anyone tell me to what extent the "mature content" goes to on the game, and is there a preference or setting you can use so that the game does not show mature content? i have a 12 year old son who really wants it but i am wary with the M rating. what kind of pervs need to make computer animated sex scenes? come on ubisoft, grow up and stop developing games like a coming of age teenager. sheesh.

any insight would be appreciated. thanks
eriq

florisz1990
11-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Probably that M rating is because of the hitting people in painfull places. Like down there and throwing them down from a roof. Probably that kind of stuff.

Tetsou88
11-02-2009, 07:03 AM
Your best bet would be to check this website:
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp

Right now they do not have AC2 ratings, but come closer to release they will.

If you're from the UK check this website:
http://www.pegi.info/en/index/

Cornik22
11-02-2009, 07:06 AM
What is wrong with you? If you let you 12 year old son play an M rated game then itīs your problem, not Ubi. If I had a son of that age I would not let him play a videogame with intense violence, blood, sex and strong language (by definition) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

PWNcracker
11-02-2009, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Cornik22:
What is wrong with you? If you let you 12 year old son play an M rated game then itīs your problem, not Ubi. If I had a son of that age I would not let him play a videogame with intense violence, blood, sex and strong language (by definition) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Agreed.

the amolang
11-02-2009, 07:15 AM
So far the things that seem obvious:
-Blood (though it can be turned off)
-Language (I'm thinking its going to be worse here than in ac1)
-Partial Nudity (You see a woman's bare back, or thats the worst we have seen yet in this area..)
-Strong Violence (its brutal stuff)

thats about all that I can think of right now...

Cornik22
11-02-2009, 07:20 AM
Right. If you donīt want your kid to get access to mature content then donīt buy him mature games. So donīt expect a magic option to turn all the adult stuff off.

Azugo
11-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Cornik22:

That game would be Grand Theft Auto...

AC2 won't show any of the actual sex. It will make you press buttons to kiss and undress your girlfriend but after that, it goes into a black screen... Then you may just need to mute your TV/PC...

funkeq
11-02-2009, 07:44 AM
For those of you giving constructive insight, thanks I appreciate it.

For those of you with their two cents on what I should let me kid play, thank you too, that is what I am posting. I am not a gamer, don't play this game, so was hoping the expertise of you folks would help and it definitely has.

Of course if I am worried I won't buy it. Personally, I think the M titles are limiting their sales potential for a few jollies, that's all.

funkeq

Azugo
11-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Here's something you might want to see. An article about the sex scene. (http://trueslant.com/tassi/2009/10/05/assassins-creed-2-chickens-out-during-its-sex-scene/)

Tetsou88
11-02-2009, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by funkeq:
Of course if I am worried I won't buy it. Personally, I think the M titles are limiting their sales potential for a few jollies, that's all.

funkeq

The problem with this is the fact that they're not actually losing any sales by having nudity and sex in their games. R rated movies have the same things, they still are really popular, unless the movie is terrible.

M rated video games are all geared at 17 year old and older gamers, a lot of gamers are in this age category. The main problem is a lot of people think videogames are for children. They started out that way, but they're now for adults and children, and they're seperated by the ESRB rating.

caswallawn_2k7
11-02-2009, 07:50 AM
actualy even if they took out the content described above the game would still be M rated as due to the style of game (run round and kill everything) it is always going to end up a M rated game for violence.

Azugo
11-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
actualy even if they took out the content described above the game would still be M rated as due to the style of game (run round and kill everything) it is always going to end up a M rated game for violence.

Yeah, that's exactly right. I think it's pretty safe to say that 90% of games for the PS3 and 360 would be rated M.

Coolgerb
11-02-2009, 08:11 AM
...You're complaining about a game THAT IS BASED AROUND KILLING PEOPLE!?

I seriously hate that kind of ignorance. And who the HELL cares about nudity in a game? You're pathetic for calling Ubisoft (and developers in general) pervs.

You're even more pathetic for blaming Ubisoft for your inability to raise your son decently.
I wanna bet you don't want him to be educated on sex either, right? Because he will see nudity!

caswallawn_2k7
11-02-2009, 08:15 AM
You're even more pathetic for blaming Ubisoft for your inability to raise your son decently.
yes because your parents seem to have done such a good job with you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Azugo
11-02-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Coolgerb:

I seriously hate that kind of ignorance. And who the HELL cares about nudity in a game? You're pathetic for calling Ubisoft (and developers in general) pervs.

I wanna bet you don't want him to be educated on sex either, right? Because he will see nudity!

I know that I shouldn't interfere with this but, I think you're out of line. You should never tell a parent how to raise their kids.

funkeq
11-02-2009, 08:27 AM
hey coolgerb, didn't mean to get your back up, obviously you are pretty passionate about this topic - it is good to see that perspective. shame on me for expecting ubisoft to raise my kids, huh? lol unbelievable

eriq / funkeq

Coolgerb
11-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Azugo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coolgerb:

I know that I shouldn't interfere with this but, I think you're out of line. You should never tell a parent how to raise their kids. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In some cases you should. Admitted, I am passionate about this topic, but c'mon, which decent parent is afraid his kid will see (partial, not to mention fake in this case) nudity nowadays? We're not living in the 50's you know.
And sure he might be a decent parent at other things, but in this in my opinion he is not. If people agree or disagree with me that is up to them.

funkeq
11-02-2009, 08:43 AM
fair enough coolgerb

ScytheOfGrim
11-02-2009, 08:45 AM
What is the correlation between time and moral decency?

I don't see it.

Funkeq, consider me more stuck-up about such matters than yourself, and let me tell you that I doubt the game should have anything that is overboard for a kid to see.

Azugo
11-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Yes, strictly PG-13+ is what I read.
Anyway, I think this topic is ready to be closed because the question has been answered. Unless, Funkeq, you have something else to ask?

funkeq
11-02-2009, 08:59 AM
thanks, you are right Azugo it seems to be covered. Again, not being a gamer myself, I was just hoping someone knew how mature the game was as I am told some M's are really not that bad, some T's are, some have settings to get around it, etc...probably should have kept me personal opinion out and stuck to the facts, sorry.

funkeq

Coolgerb
11-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:

I don't see it.

...Ever heard of the 70's? They didn't care about any kind of 'moral decency'. Sex, drugs, and Rock&Roll.

ScytheOfGrim
11-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Your perspective is limited to the West.

Coolgerb
11-02-2009, 09:04 AM
thanks, you are right Azugo it seems to be covered. Again, not being a gamer myself, I was just hoping someone knew how mature the game was as I am told some M's are really not that bad, some T's are, some have settings to get around it, etc...probably should have kept me personal opinion out and stuck to the facts, sorry.

funkeq

Nothing wrong with giving your personal opinion, just expect to see other opinions too when you do.
Again, I have nothing against you personally, my views just aren't the same as yours.

bladencrowd
11-02-2009, 09:24 AM
For a moment I thought this thread was made by the same guy who got banned a while back.

Anyways, I would say it's your judgment call. I played all the Halos, the Fables, Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 and Assassin Creed before I was 17. All these games involve killing something (most of the time brutally) or suggestive images. Like others have said the "sex scene" only involves seeing the back of a woman, so it probably is safe. I'm have no right to tell you how to raise you kids, but if you think your son is mature enough to handle the game then buy it. You could play the game a bit before you let your son play it if really want to be safe

El_Sjietah
11-02-2009, 09:56 AM

I don't see it.

Look around you on a sunny day.

Then compare it to a picture in the 50s.

There's your correlation. People change over the course of years and with them so does their culture and moral values. And this isn't limitted only to "the west".

El_Sjietah
11-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by darkghost1995:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coolgerb:

I know that I shouldn't interfere with this but, I think you're out of line. You should never tell a parent how to raise their kids. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah until 18 they can raise him how they want and you shouldn't question it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Problem is that your education doesn't suddenly end at 18. Whatever happened before that, you will carry with you for the rest of your life, so I'd say you are allowed to question someone else's parenting. A child isn't property like a house or a chair. With those, people can do whatever the hell they want with it, but when something can get scarred for the rest of its life, you have every right to meddle with it, giving sufficient reason. What do you think child protection services was made for?

EDIT: Where did that post go? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I think the M titles are limiting their sales potential for a few jollies, that's all. Eh... The first Assassin's Creed sold six million. Any limited sales potential there is questionable.

I doubt the "sex" in Assassin's Creed II will be any worse than something your kid can find on the TV at three in the afternoon, but the game is very violent.

If your son is really twelve years old, I would strongly recommend you not get this game for him. It's your choice as a parent, but there are plenty of other games out there that would be better suited for him. Maybe hold off on Assassin's Creed until he's at least fifteen.

ScytheOfGrim
11-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:

I don't see it.

There's your correlation. People change over the course of years and with them so does their culture and moral values. And this isn't limitted only to "the west". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Every day is a sunny day over here, and I've looked around, and I haven't noted anything different aside from the heavy reliance on technology.
Moral values are still the same.

Of course it's not limited to the West, but you don't know enough about the rest of the world to throw out such a generalized statement.

keepth3beat
11-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by bladencrowd:
Anyways, I would say it's your judgment call. I played all the Halos, the Fables, Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 and Assassin Creed before I was 17. I'm have no right to tell you how to raise you kids, but if you think your son is mature enough to handle the game then buy it. You could play the game a bit before you let your son play it if really want to be safe

Playing it beforehand is a good idea, or if you really do want to get it for your son, you could always talk with him beforehand about how it's not real. It's important to keep the lines of communication open with your kids, especially when it comes to this sort of stuff. Because sheltering them from it isn't going to keep them from seeking it out themselves, and that could be even worse. If you present mature themes in a way that make it seem as though it's not a huge deal (ie: nudity and the like), then they're not going to treat it like it's a big deal.

El_Sjietah
11-02-2009, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:

I don't see it.

There's your correlation. People change over the course of years and with them so does their culture and moral values. And this isn't limitted only to "the west". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Every day is a sunny day over here, and I've looked around, and I haven't noted anything different aside from the heavy reliance on technology.
Moral values are still the same.

Of course it's not limited to the West, but you don't know enough about the rest of the world to throw out such a generalized statement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And you don't know enough about me to throw out such an assumption.

If you think moral values haven't changed since the fifties you need to get out from underneath your rock.

Azugo
11-02-2009, 10:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by darkghost1995:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:

yeah until 18 they can raise him how they want and you shouldn't question it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Problem is that your education doesn't suddenly end at 18. Whatever happened before that, you will carry with you for the rest of your life, so I'd say you are allowed to question someone else's parenting. A child isn't property like a house or a chair. With those, people can do whatever the hell they want with it, but when something can get scarred for the rest of its life, you have every right to meddle with it, giving sufficient reason. What do you think child protection services was made for?

EDIT: Where did that post go? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, I totally agree with you there. What I meant was that you can't question parenting, unless the parent is abusive etc... Like my next door neighbours parents to their little 6 year old child... The poor kid.

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by keepth3beat:
Playing it beforehand is a good idea, or if you really do want to get it for your son, you could always talk with him beforehand about how it's not real. It's important to keep the lines of communication open with your kids, especially when it comes to this sort of stuff. Because sheltering them from it isn't going to keep them from seeking it out themselves, and that could be even worse. If you present mature themes in a way that make it seem as though it's not a huge deal (ie: nudity and the like), then they're not going to treat it like it's a big deal. On second thought, keepth3beat's answer is for the win.

ScytheOfGrim
11-02-2009, 10:42 AM

If you think moral values haven't changed since the fifties you need to get out from underneath your rock.

There's no assumption there, which proves that you didn't understand what I said, which makes your last point void of meaning.

Azugo
11-02-2009, 10:52 AM
You guys are gonna be good parents one day!

By the way, anyone know how I can get to sleep? It's 4:20AM here in Australia...

abcdefghijk1940
11-02-2009, 10:54 AM
How to guide to bad parenting:

It has bloody impaling of guards on more weapons than you can count, tons of violence and strong language? Oh, no problem. My 12 year old loves that- wait, a sex scene that fades to black? DARN YOU, UBISOFT. CORRUPTING THE MINDS OF CHILDREN EVERYWHERE WITH YOUR EVIL WAYS.

Azugo
11-02-2009, 11:00 AM
What? I asked for ideas on how I can get to sleep. Not that.

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-02-2009, 11:03 AM
The best way would be to get off these forums and go to bed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

He was replying to the topic, not to you.

Azugo
11-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Lol maybe I should delete that post. I'm a bit out of it at the moment. Like before, I just imagined a picture of Yoshi poking his tongue out at me. You know? That green dinosaur thing... Yeah.

funkeq
11-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Maybe I am a bit naive to the gaming world, I only play Beatles Rock Band and Madden 2010 lol. The only M game I ever let me kids get was Halo for my 15 yr old because I trusted my brother (40 yrs old) who told me it was not bad. I posted to this site hoping maybe someone had played a demo, or that the Ubisoft developers read posts etc. My 12 yr old is pretty savvy, he "gets it", knows whats real and all. There is just so much out there visually that we cannot protect from that when I can help not expose to some negativity, I have to try. Definitely leaning toward not gettting the game or waiting until it comes out and then asking again once people have really played the new version. Thanks
funkeq

Coolgerb
11-02-2009, 11:17 AM
When I was a kid, I played a lot of violent games, and saw a lot of violent movies. No I didn't play / watch them because of the violence.

I have never ever felt the need to hurt someone really badly (...without reason that is, when my friends / family are in danger I will do anything).

The reason you think videogames and movies will affect you kid negatively is because of trash tv like fox news, or other conservative crap.

Playing violent games can really help cooling down when you're angry at something.

EDIT: Also, I love my father (mother passed away) for having allowed me to always see / play what I wanted, it shows he fully trusted me (and still does, of course).

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Definitely leaning toward not gettting the game or waiting until it comes out and then asking again once people have really played the new version. A smart choice. Always better to wait when in doubt.

If you want to see some extended coverage right now, you could head over to the video thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5691062167/p/1). The first few pages have developer interviews about the game, and the most recent pages in the sixties have lots of YouTube gameplay videos from all the different public events, and you'll be able to see for yourself what the game will be like, to an extent.

funkeq
11-02-2009, 11:29 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Coolgerb:
The reason you think videogames and movies will affect you kid negatively is because of trash tv like fox news, or other conservative crap.

Playing violent games can really help cooling down when you're angry at something.

No sir, I appreciate a conservative view point since most of our media is liberal. I am a Christian, so I have that viewpoint because I read the Bible. If my kids played violent game to cool off when they are mad, I would definitely not let them play. But that is just me.

El_Sjietah
11-02-2009, 11:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

There's no assumption there, which proves that you didn't understand what I said, which makes your last point void of meaning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You assumed I didn't know enough about the rest of the world to know moral values have changed.

Coolgerb
11-02-2009, 11:34 AM

No sir, I appreciate a conservative view point since most of our media is liberal. I am a Christian, so I have that viewpoint because I read the Bible. If my kids played violent game to cool off when they are mad, I would definitely not let them play. But that is just me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That explains a lot.

ScytheOfGrim
11-02-2009, 11:42 AM
You assumed I didn't know enough about the rest of the world to know moral values have changed.

Again: there's no assumption there.

bladencrowd
11-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Has your son ever played Assassins Creed 1? If he can handle the first game then second won't be such a big leap.

Atmon
11-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Yes it's true Dev are reading the blog, and as their voice within you (and your voice within the team), it's always my pleasure to show up and comment here.

Thank you for asking, it's a good way to have straight answer and a few clarifications.

First, when we create a game, we are not focusing on our content rating, but on a setting, characters, story etc...

Assassin's Creed is a franchise about a lineage of Assassin. The story and time period that we shown are beautiful yet violent. We have worked with historians on the Italian Renaissance and come up with an accurate game.

The result is that our message and game is mature.

Now allow me to move on 2 notions.

The first is that our game main ambition is to entertain, but we are also delivering a story and message, like a movie. We can say that any movie with a mature content is probably losing a part of the audience, but if you take a movie like the Godfather, Scarface, Seven or Pulp Fiction... You have a great movie, and a great message. Transforming the movie to appeal to more mass wouldn't make them any better right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif My personal opinion is that removing the violent fight, assassination or other greedy elements, won't serve the game. At least it's my 2 cents.

Now about age certification (PEGI and ESRB). A lot of people, are taking those certification too lightly. If the game is classified as Mature, there is a reason. Nowadays consoles, are equipped with a parental lock. If you choose so you can prevent your kid for playing certain games. I would recommend to use that option.

The whole discussion on when is anyone mature enough to handle a mature content movie, book or game is interesting and as long as the discussion is calm and respectful we can continue here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Regarding our official, and also my personal opinion: A game rated as mature is meant to play by someone mature.

Thanks again for coming funkeq

funkeq
11-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Thank you! Have a great day.

Originally posted by Atmon:
Yes it's true Dev are reading the blog, and as their voice within you (and your voice within the team), it's always my pleasure to show up and comment here.

First thank you for asking, it's a good way to have straight answer and a few clarifications.

First, when we create a game, we are not focusing on our content rating, but on a setting, characters, story etc...

Assassin's Creed is a franchise about a lineage of Assassin. The story and time period that we shown are beautiful yet violent. We have worked with historians on the Italian Renaissance and come up with an accurate game.

The result is that our message and game is mature.

Now allow me to move on 2 notions.

The first is that our game first ambition is to entertain, but we are also delivering a story and message, like a movie. We can say that any movie with a mature content is probably losing a part of the audience, but if you take a movie like the Godfather, Scarface, Seven or Pulp Fiction... You have a great movie, and a great message. Transforming the movie to appeal to more mass wouldn't make them any better right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif My personal opinion is that removing the violent fight, assassination or other greedy elements, won't serve the game. At least it's my 2 cents.

Now about age certification (PEGI and ESRB). A lot of people, are taking those certification too lightly. If the game is classified as Mature, there is a reason. Nowadays consoles, are equipped with a parental lock. If you choose so you can prevent your kid for playing certain games. I would recommend to use that option.

The whole discussion on when is anyone mature enough to handle a mature content movie, book or game is interesting and as long as the discussion is calm and respectful we can continue here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Regarding our official, and also my personal opinion: A game rated as mature is meant to play by someone mature.

Thanks again for coming funkeq

El_Sjietah
11-02-2009, 12:29 PM

Again: there's no assumption there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Either you're trying to be smart or you're convinced you know everything about me. Not sure which one is more embarassing.

BTOG46
11-02-2009, 12:30 PM
@ funkeq

When it comes down to it, the game will have rating that reflects the storyline, it's a game about assassins, and as such, contains a lot of violence.

How much violence you feel acceptable for your son to encounter in a game, is entirely up to you, so only you can decide.

Just cast an eye on the trailers and gameplay videos, and you should be able to judge if your son is mature enough for his age to handle it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

EDIT:

@ El_Sjietah

Quit arguing with Scythe, you don't know everything about him either, please stop derailing the thread with your petty disagreement and get back on topic. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

funkeq
11-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks BTOG46!
eriq / funkeq

Originally posted by BTOG46:
@ funkeq

When it comes down to it, the game will have rating that reflects the storyline, it's a game about assassins, and as such, contains a lot of violence.

How much violence you feel acceptable for your son to encounter in a game, is entirely up to you, so only you can decide.

Just cast an eye on the trailers and gameplay videos, and you should be able to judge if your son is mature enough for his age to handle it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

EDIT:

@ El_Sjietah

Quit arguing with scythe, you don't know everything about him either, please stop derailing the thread with your petty disagreement and get back on topic. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Crotanks
11-02-2009, 01:01 PM
funkeq: Decide for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a12e3iKzqlw

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Also, funkeq, you may want to know that Assassin's Creed has not only mature context in violence but also in religious discussion. The game is made by a team of various faiths and religions, and as such it talks about lots of different religious things including Christianity. Speaking as a Christian, I found it interesting in a fictional context, but you should decide for yourself.

Just a heads-up.

El_Sjietah
11-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by BTOG46:
@ El_Sjietah

Quit arguing with Scythe, you don't know everything about him either, please stop derailing the thread with your petty disagreement and get back on topic. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
Not really the point there, but fine. Wasn't the original question answered already anyway?

bladencrowd
11-02-2009, 03:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:
@ El_Sjietah

Sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif.

El_Sjietah
11-02-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm not sorry, I didn't start the argument.

But whatever, let's not derail this any further.

craxe
11-02-2009, 05:03 PM
As a liberal 14yo atheist, i've got to say that i don't think that the game will be that bad, seriously, kissing, bare back, and a bit of killing and gore? you could find much worse (even, as a former catholic, in the bible). Also, from experience, your kid will probably and HAS probably already found all this stuff, for example, by the time i was ten, everyone was already talking coherently about sex (we got sex-ed at 11) my parents are hardcore Catholics (the most hardcore of them all) and even they thought it could be MUCH worse. However, i do think that you should know that it does have many religious views and at times portrays Christianity in a bad light, but i also believe that his beliefs are his choice and he should be allowed to be exposed to this.

To summarize, i believe that he should be allowed to get the game. sorry for the rant BTW

Big-Boss_777
11-02-2009, 06:40 PM
lol funkeq u remind me of my father who IS christian and was very agile and picky of wat i played @ 12

he himself wud play the game 1st then with his approval i wud gladly play it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

so perhaps u shud do wat my father use to do

btw best of luck of ur decision http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

keepth3beat
11-02-2009, 10:48 PM
If my kids played violent game to cool off when they are mad, I would definitely not let them play. But that is just me.

I'm surprised more people haven't pointed this out. This raises a red flag to me, and please know that I'm genuinely asking, not attacking--what makes releasing stress in a videogame worse than finding other ways to release stress?

Granted, while they do have more potentially violent visual stimuli than other ways of releasing stress, playing a videogame is a completely normal and healthy way of releasing stress in a way that doesn't hurt anyone, unless the child mistakes the fact that what he's doing is completely fake and should not, in any way, be carried over to the real world.

I'm currently seeing a therapist for stress and anxiety, and she encouraged that I play videogames more when I'm angry. When I get stressed I have a habit of locking down and boiling, which is not only unhealthy because there's no release for it, but if the wrong person sits and boils for too long without an appropriate release, they could potentially take that energy out on real people (and please note that this sort of thing could happen regardless of whether or not the person in question plays videogames--it's just a convenient scapegoat for kids who have bad parents, or who are mentally disturbed).

Videogames also improve hand-eye coordination, as well as dexterity. Well, with the thumbs, at least. ;P

And Bladencrowd makes a good point--Assassin's Creed 1 has much less blood, hardly any swearing, and absolutely no sex. There's not as much focus on the culture and history, but the game itself is still very good.

gamerxclutch
11-03-2009, 02:10 PM
here is what i found on the mature content and it doesnt seem like its going to be to bad

And while we're on the subject of infidelity I'd like to bring up Ezio's rampant sex drive. He is, you might say, a "playa," effortlessly cavorting with women, which lets you see and hear some pretty sexy stuff. Sadly, you also see and hear some not so sexy stuff, like Ezio's mother. Saying v*g**a.

El_Sjietah
11-03-2009, 05:11 PM
OMFG!! ******!??!?!?!!

I am SO not getting this game now.

Pervs.

ThePheonix1030
11-03-2009, 05:12 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Drakonous505
11-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Well you can't expect that the ESRB would put a E rating on the real world now would ya?

Sadly Real Life is M rated http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

And the whole point of AC2 is to make it close enough to Real Life as possible.

DimmuB0rgir
11-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Seriously... if you want G rated fun. Go buy a Wii.

This game as aimed at young adults with its intricate story and obviously its violence. You cant possibly ask Ubisoft to aim a game that is based around the Assassins and the Templar conspiracy at 12 year old boys.

SoloT4
11-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Drakonous505:
Well you can't expect that the ESRB would put a E rating on the real world now would ya?

Sadly Real Life is M rated http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

And the whole point of AC2 is to make it close enough to Real Life as possible.

And sometimes life is rated "A" lol

funkeq
11-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Wow, lots of different point of view, thanks everybody, I really appreciate the time every one of you took to respond. That said, I still have not decided, lol! My son can definitely handle it, probably not a big deal. But another part of me says why can't he just play a rated E game, right. I have to admit, this game does look pretty cool so I can see why he is dying to play it. We'll see. God bless.
funkeq / eriq

shadows473
11-03-2009, 08:46 PM
crap your just like me
im trying to persuade my dad to get me this game
but he doesnt usually look at the esrb http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
unless some gamestop dude says
R U sure U want this game its (blank) for (etc)
and if my dad sees the "sex content"
its very unlikely that ill get it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
oh well
at least there is Modern warfare 2!?!?!?!
meh

UchihaKarasu
11-03-2009, 09:04 PM
I still don't understand the whole, parents are okay with games that involve ripping people's heads off but one boob is just to far over the line.
How does that makes sense?

Now, I don't like ripping people's heads off (no GOW for Marka) and at the same time, I don't like see sex in a game, nudity fine, sex...er, no, even if its just silhouettes or a rocking table. I don't really like seeing it in movies either (which is hard to avoid with the stupid media now-a-days http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif) it kind of makes me feel like I'm invading on someone's privacy.
But at the same time, I'm not going around with a sign saying "Violence in video games is good, sex is bad"
Honestly, I find the former worse than the latter. If people like sex in video games, let them like it (I won't play it XD) With AC2, we don't really see/hear it, so I'm cool with that.

It's like what Drak said, life is "M" rated. If your going to allow your kids to be exposed to much violence, what's so bad about some sexual themes?

(did that make any sense, or did I sound like I was bouncing back and forth between opinions?)

X10J
11-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by UchihaKarasu:
I still don't understand the whole, parents are okay with games that involve ripping people's heads off but one boob is just to far over the line.

Now, I don't like ripping people's heads off (no GOW for Marka) and at the same time, I don't like see sex in a game, nudity fine, sex...er, no, even if its just silhouettes or a rocking table. I don't really like seeing it in movies either (which is hard to avoid with the stupid media now-a-days http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif) it kind of makes me feel like I'm invading on someone's privacy.
But at the same time, I'm not going around with a sign saying "Violence in video games is good, sex is bad"
Honestly, I find the former worse than the latter. If people like sex in video games, let them like it (I won't play it XD) With AC2, we don't really see/hear it, so I'm cool with that.

It's like what Drak said, life is "M" rated. If your going to allow your kids to be exposed to much violence, what's so bad about some sexual themes?

(did that make any sense, or did I sound like I was bouncing back and forth between opinions?)

it made sense to me, i thnk what you were trying to get at, and correct me if im wrong im not trying to put words in your mouth,
is that in some way(s) you feel negatively on both things but you think that its unfair to allow one bad thing, and not allow the other http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

An_Idea
11-03-2009, 09:26 PM

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

UchihaKarasu
11-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by X10J:
it made sense to me, i thnk what you were trying to get at, and correct me if im wrong im not trying to put words in your mouth,
is that in some way(s) you feel negatively on both things but you think that its unfair to allow one bad thing, and not allow the other http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at.
I try not to take sides in an argument.
(well, except with the Assassins and Templars obviously http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)

X10J
11-03-2009, 10:12 PM
yup me to i'm just trying to keep my head away from the cross fire

shadows473
11-03-2009, 10:35 PM
well i mean everyday u see violence (not like blood gore un less ur a detective or something) so its more common to see it other than sex because you dont walk down the street seeing people doing it. Hopefully nobudy will quote me find a way to start an argument but i was just thinking

i mean when u see sexual content on the back of the game u let ur mind wander and make a quick decision than u know seeing for urself because all u see is a bare back in AC2

keepth3beat
11-03-2009, 11:58 PM
I agree, Uchiha. I find that, especially in the United States, people are ridiculously prudish when it comes to sex or nudity. It's either that, or it's severely hyped up to be the greatest thing on the planet--there's very rarely a happy medium. Honestly, I have no problem with a sex scene, so long as it's not drawn-out or ridiculously graphic (if I wanted to watch porn, I'd watch porn). I also have no problem with nudity. But some people just get all up in arms about how it's ruining the children to expose them to that.

Uh, no? Nudity and sex are natural--treating them otherwise makes kids think it's taboo and therefore makes them all the more eager to seek it out and engage in it. That's the problem with kids. They usually do the opposite of what parents say is okay. ;P

Not to say that we should go around encouraging sex, but rather treating it the way that it should be treated--it's not as enormous of a deal as everyone makes it out to be (whether we're representing the prudish or sex-a-holic approach), but it does have possible consequences and kids should be educated on how to best avoid them... that involves more than abstinence. 9_9

I guess I can get off my soapbox now. XD

Korejo
11-04-2009, 01:54 AM
Trust me.. u donot want ure son to play this game.. if u cant allow him to watch nudity/sex or watever... u definitely will slap him.. when he asks u if he can assassinate christians and muslims... or his teachers..

IMO ubi has already helped u making a decision.. by rating this game mature.. so why are u even asking people on forums and wasting time?.. Rate M.. not for ure son untill he's 17+... problem solved!

Drakonous505
11-04-2009, 04:13 AM
The whole nudity is bad thing in the US- sadly I'm gonna have to say it- stems from religeous/concervative folks...

(Now those of you who disagree that's your opinion and you're entittled to it. I'm not getting into an arguement over it...)

As for this whole thing over all I believe it was summed up pretty well in South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut. The whole America Loves violence but looks down upon bad language xD

ctuagent15
11-04-2009, 04:03 PM
I find that, especially in the United States, people are ridiculously prudish when it comes to sex or nudity.
yeah I think its funny how Americans see as Brits as being prudish about sex and nudity, when there more prudish.

Like with the Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfunction" and the controversy over that.
If something like that happens in the UK most people just have a laugh over it

caswallawn_2k7
11-04-2009, 04:06 PM
If something like that happens in the UK most people just have a laugh over it
it has happened several time's on live UK TV and the out come of it happening is the pictures go in the papers so those who didn't watch the program don't have to miss it.

ctuagent15
11-04-2009, 04:34 PM
it has happened several time's on live UK TV and the out come of it happening is the pictures go in the papers so those who didn't watch the program don't have to miss it.

Yeah like with Judy Finnigan

ForsakenMessiah
11-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by assassin_ki2007:

I wouldnt call that nudity, she only showed her bra, a LOT worse has been on.

Funny how most countries think of us Brits as those posh ***** with bowler hats going "toodle pip" all the time, you cant get farther from the truth

If any of you watch Zero punctuation with Yahtzee, i would even call him a bit posh

caswallawn_2k7
11-04-2009, 04:43 PM
it was only a couple of years ago that lass came out of her top on the euro vision thing.

MartaVasques
11-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Can we please not turn this into a nationality war? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ctuagent15
11-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by ForsakenMessiah:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassin_ki2007:

I wouldnt call that nudity, she only showed her bra, a LOT worse has been on.

Funny how most countries think of us Brits as those posh ***** with bowler hats going "toodle pip" all the time, you cant get farther from the truth

If any of you watch Zero punctuation with Yahtzee, i would even call him a bit posh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I only used her as a example because it was similar to the Janet Jackson thing, which I wrote about in my earlier post.

Janet shows a tit and a lot of Americans get upset about seeing it.
Judy shows her bra and some brits are upset they didn't see more and the rest ant that bothered.

Darkmaul1011
11-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Funqeq, you I recommend you watch this trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_AlOMcdjw

It will show that this isn't just a game about killing everyone you see, like most shooters, nut more about killing for vengeance, and later as they say "The Greater Good"

But if you are a hardcore christian, I would explain to your son, that nothing they say in the game is real. For example in the first game, you play in the past and in the present BTW, but one of the scientists pretty much call the bible a lie, and say the parting of the red sea was an illusion, as was Jesus turning water into wine.

keepth3beat
11-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Korejo:
when he asks u if he can assassinate christians and muslims... or his teachers..

Puh-lease. That outcome can be easily avoided if the child is talked to, or if the kid has enough sense in his head to know what's real life and what isn't. Honestly, if a kid starts going around talking about how he's going to assassinate Christians/Muslims/people at his school, that just shows that that kid should have been in therapy way before the question was asked.

I mean, really. People need to realize that in the cases of child violence, it's the child's fault, not the videogame. Something like that is because of a disturbed mind that would have eventually snapped regardless of the influence. It's like saying everyone who listens to rap music is going to go out and join gangs and the like.

The whole nudity is bad thing in the US- sadly I'm gonna have to say it- stems from religeous/concervative folks...

Anyone who disagrees with that is just silly, really. I mean, America was founded on the basis of religious freedoms, and that particular religion was extremely prudish. It should go without saying that the basic core of society should follow that, even 300 years later.

Granted, there are a lot of examples to the contrary, but those are exceptions in a very large mob. If someone doesn't think that America still follows something similar to it's conservative religious roots, why on earth did it take 200 years to elect an african-american president? And why is it that basic human rights (ie: the right for gays to marry and have equal rights in a partnership under the law, women's suffrage, native american suffrage, and equal rights for slaves) have to be put up for a vote?

UchihaKarasu
11-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Uh, no? Nudity and sex are natural--treating them otherwise makes kids think it's taboo and therefore makes them all the more eager to seek it out and engage in it. That's the problem with kids. They usually do the opposite of what parents say is okay. ;P

lol, I've always had a good relationship with my parents, I haven't got in an argument with them yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Nudity and sex are natural
XD XD I guess I might not be natural (except for the nudity part of that XD)

Drakonous505
11-04-2009, 07:22 PM
*Waits to see what would happen if Ezio took off his shirt in this thread* >.>

keepth3beat
11-05-2009, 01:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Nudity and sex are natural
XD XD I guess I might not be natural (except for the nudity part of that XD) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, not having sex is just as natural as having sex. XD I don't engage in it either, just out of personal choice. But just like people shouldn't be teased for choosing not to have sex, other people shouldn't be shamed for deciding to have an active sex life, so long as they do so *safely*. You know?

tcnshr
11-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Really theres barely any sex in it you undress this girl then the lights go out thats it. And plus its rated M for oh I dont know maybe going up to people slashing their throats watching blood pour out their body.

bladencrowd
11-05-2009, 04:31 PM
BIG PICTURE.

If your son is mature enough to handle it, then buy it. If you have zero-tolerance for "sexual content" don't.

X10J
11-05-2009, 04:32 PM
welcome to the forums

Originally posted by Drakonous505:
*Waits to see what would happen if Ezio took off his shirt in this thread* >.> here you go *escapes before fan girls stampede*
Originally posted by RachelG:
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs51/f/2009/306/6/3/Ezio_Fanservice__D_by_Akuya_Kyuubi.jpg

Drakonous505
11-05-2009, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Drakonous505:
*Waits to see what would happen if Ezio took off his shirt in this thread* >.> here you go *escapes before fan girls stampede*
Originally posted by RachelG:
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs51/f/2009/306/6/3/Ezio_Fanservice__D_by_Akuya_Kyuubi.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OH S***!*Runs aswell before the girls unleash their fanness on Ezio*

El_Sjietah
11-05-2009, 05:11 PM
It's like looking in a mirror...

Lol @ the whip btw. Nice touch http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Hatzego
11-05-2009, 06:00 PM
I think it's all about how mature you see your son to be, and how much you trust him. If you think he is mature, let him play it, because he has probably seen much worse in films, or at school. Also, there is a very high possibility that he will see/play the games with his friends anyways. I know that form personal experience, my mate wasn't allowed to play PEGI 18s (which I beleive ACII to be an 18) until a few months ago, and he always played them with our group. My parents have been allowing my to play 18 rated games since I was about 13, and I have seen worse sex scenes in a 12a movie.

I would personally say trust your son with this game. I'm sure he's seen plenty of female back at the beach anyway. Also on the plus side, if you trust him with more mature things (I'm not saying AO at all) he will respect you more (another thing from personal experience with my own father, who is also Christian, me being Athiest)

xXassassinXx92
11-05-2009, 06:29 PM
I have this feeling that funkeq is actually a 12 year old himself. Just throwing that out there. But I could be wrong http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

JudgeQwerty
11-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Uhm... why has noone here mentioned that most of the characters in the first game were atheist? Why has noone explained the idea of the Piece of Eden? Why has noone explained the PLOT of the series?

Funkeq, I am not a Christian myself, but I must inform you that the series has a very agnostic and anti-authoritarian tone to it. In thew first game, you polayed a Muslim extremist fighting against Christian invaders and a conspiracy to free the Holy Land from 'the tyranny of faith'. Later in the story, we are introduced to the Piece of Eden, an alien device responsible for just about every religious miracle you can name.

In ACII, the villain is the Pope himself.

As a Christian conservative, I think you should be more concerned with the storyline itself and not something trivial like a little skin. I myself am an atheist, but I thought you deserved the right to know what exactly you would be exposing you child to.

An_Idea
11-05-2009, 07:00 PM
agnosticism ftw. but letting your son play the game is all a matter of how strict you are and how much you want to be responsible for your sons knowledge of those sorts of things. odds are he already has seen/heard most of this in some other form be it movies or books. and at 12 wouldnt he have already gone through something similar to F.L.A.S.H. already?

family lives and sexual health in case u were wondering

Coolgerb
11-05-2009, 08:33 PM
it kind of makes me feel like I'm invading on someone's privacy

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Hatzego
11-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by JudgeQwerty:
Uhm... why has noone here mentioned that most of the characters in the first game were atheist? Why has noone explained the idea of the Piece of Eden? Why has noone explained the PLOT of the series?

Funkeq, I am not a Christian myself, but I must inform you that the series has a very agnostic and anti-authoritarian tone to it. In thew first game, you polayed a Muslim extremist fighting against Christian invaders and a conspiracy to free the Holy Land from 'the tyranny of faith'. Later in the story, we are introduced to the Piece of Eden, an alien device responsible for just about every religious miracle you can name.

In ACII, the villain is the Pope himself.

As a Christian conservative, I think you should be more concerned with the storyline itself and not something trivial like a little skin. I myself am an atheist, but I thought you deserved the right to know what exactly you would be exposing you child to.

Yeah but it's Alexander VI, and no-one liked him, even the preists at the church where his funeral was had to be persuaded to do the ceremony. He was a [BAD MAN] basically.

Coolgerb
11-05-2009, 08:39 PM
I mean, America was founded on the basis of religious freedoms, and that particular religion was extremely prudish. It should go without saying that the basic core of society should follow that, even 300 years later.

If I remember yankee history right, the first president(s) didn't want religion involved in politics at all.
Hell, to become a president nowadays you have to show 30% of the americans you're just as ignorant as them by believing in an invisible man http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Jazerri
11-05-2009, 08:47 PM
In thew first game, you polayed a Muslim extremist fighting against Christian invaders and a conspiracy to free the Holy Land from 'the tyranny of faith'.

I don't think it's entirely accurate to refer to Altair as a Muslim extremist. In the beginning, his hyper-literal interpretation of the Creed is anything but religious. "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" is pretty incompatible with a religion in which it is required to believe certain things in particular are true and there's a long list of stuff that is absolutely not permitted.

His later interpretation, that it is a warning to act with wisdom in a world where there is no absolute truth except that which you decide for yourself, is also pretty much entirely irreligious.

On the other hand, I absolutely agree that he's an extremist. Dude goes around stabbing people for the sake of what he believes (albeit with increasing uncertainty) is right.

JudgeQwerty
11-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Myke013: Aye, if there was one pope they'd let you kill for the fun factor, it would definitely be the orgy-loving, murdering, kindnapping, syphilus-ridden Alexander VI.

Jazerri: I agree with your assessment, but historically and to the nonassassins in the game, this is your identity.

Hatzego
11-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Myke013: Aye, if there was one pope they'd let you kill for the fun factor, it would definitely be the orgy-loving, murdering, kindnapping, syphilus-ridden Alexander VI.

Jazerri: I agree with your assessment, but historically and to the nonassassins in the game, this is your identity.

Everyone loves a syphillitic pope http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jazerri
11-05-2009, 10:55 PM

Well yes, that's true.

keepth3beat
11-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Coolgerb:
If I remember yankee history right, the first president(s) didn't want religion involved in politics at all.

You are correct. Many of the founding fathers were athiest/agnostic and wanted to keep religion out of politics because that was what had gotten us in the whole mess of separating from England in the first place.

JudgeQwerty, no one's mentioned the Piece of Eden and the like because the initial question was in regards to the mature content which earned the game its rating, which is really only directly involving violence and 'sexual' content. I don't think I've ever seen a game rated M because of it's atheist beliefs. That's kind of bordering on the same level of ridiculousness as upping a movie/tv show's rating because of the involvement of homosexuality (not actual sex, just homosexual couples).

And really, I thought of the Assassins as the middle ground--the Christians were fighting the Muslims, but the Assassin's didn't ally themselves with the Muslims. At the end of the game, when Altair speaks with Richard, he says himself that he isn't with the Muslim faction that they're fighting. I consider the assassins to be completely without a deity, given the fact that they follow 'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.'

Streaks-tORJ
11-06-2009, 01:27 AM
I would think the artwork of the time more "mature" than the scene in question. All those classic sculptures and drawings everywhere with people's "bits" hanging out in the open......but that's "art" :P

As long as it's just nudity I don't see the problem with tasteful nudes. If a parent would allow their kid through an art gallery which has nudes (often do), then the content in games should be allowed to be on the same level.

Me personally, if I had a 12yr old kid, I'd be more upset by scenes of people slashing someone's throat wide open than of nudity or even sex. At least the later two are >natural< and while you may not see either walking down the street, if you did it wouldn't be as shocking and horrific as someone being cut open with a sword with their innards spilling out.

Personally, I think the "interactive" part of it to be rather silly though. They spent time and effort on that rather than letting me save the game at any moment....gee thanks :P

andycu
11-06-2009, 02:36 AM
Here all is about understanding. The guy who plays should understand why is he doing all that stuff in the game. Why is he/she killing people and committing other awful things in AC. If he/she(which i doubt) understands that he is allowed to play.
On the other hand AC is a very fun game and people who play it don not need do understand a thing from it if they play just for joy(and they are mature enough).

JudgeQwerty
11-06-2009, 11:40 AM
JudgeQwerty, no one's mentioned the Piece of Eden and the like because the initial question was in regards to the mature content which earned the game its rating, which is really only directly involving violence and 'sexual' content. I don't think I've ever seen a game rated M because of it's atheist beliefs. That's kind of bordering on the same level of ridiculousness as upping a movie/tv show's rating because of the involvement of homosexuality (not actual sex, just homosexual couples).

And really, I thought of the Assassins as the middle ground--the Christians were fighting the Muslims, but the Assassin's didn't ally themselves with the Muslims. At the end of the game, when Altair speaks with Richard, he says himself that he isn't with the Muslim faction that they're fighting. I consider the assassins to be completely without a deity, given the fact that they follow 'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.'

It was not an issue until the argument concerning conservative Christianity began. If we must acknowledge minor things like blood and skin, then it would be foolish to leave out the actually relevant bits of 'controversy'. I don't want her to waste money buying a game that will shock and anger her later.

And you're confusing Saracens with Islam itself. It would be like confusing the Roman Catholic Church with Christianity. The historical Assassins and Saracens were both just as Muslim as Babtists and Catholics are Christian.

Not to mention ATHEIST assassins is hardly a step up in the eyes of most conservative Christians.

El_Sjietah
11-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Well, they do assassinate both muslim and christian targets. That's a little better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

keepth3beat
11-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Not to mention ATHEIST assassins is hardly a step up in the eyes of most conservative Christians.

You're right, I keep forgetting that Athiests are one of the most mistrusted groups in the US. Because apparently not believing in God means that Athiests are going to run around and murder people because they don't believe in heaven or hell. Not like the law has any immediate consequence on them or anything... 9_9

JudgeQwerty
11-06-2009, 12:11 PM
I live in Alabama and when I mention I'm an atheist, I've been asked twice if that means I worship the devil instead...

At which I point I laugh maniaccly for five seconds before saying matter of factly, "No, why do you ask?"

funkeq
11-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by xXassassinXx92:
I have this feeling that funkeq is actually a 12 year old himself. Just throwing that out there. But I could be wrong http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

I can promise you I am not, thank God! I cant see 12 with a pair of binoculars. I am 43. Thanks anyway though ,lol
funkeq / eriq

Jack_Vykios
11-06-2009, 02:40 PM
DAMN IT.
There's gonna be a sex scene. Great. Another moment of the game ruined for me.
I remember picking up Fallout 3. I loved it because, aside from the main plot (which was predictable anyway), I had NO IDEA what was going on in the world around me and what made it the way it was, and that is clearly where the attention was placed, and where it was to be drawn.
Now...jeez. I hope there's some major Castle Bravos (google it) dropped in the game, in honesty, because there's not much by way of spoilers left to spoil from what I'm seeing.

You're right, I keep forgetting that Athiests are one of the most mistrusted groups in the US. Because apparently not believing in God means that Athiests are going to run around and murder people because they don't believe in heaven or hell. Not like the law has any immediate consequence on them or anything... 9_9 I think you're missing the point. There's more than the law stopping me from going out and killing people for fun. I mean, if I REALLY REALLY wanted to (I don't), I could probably kill someone and get away with it. But I won't/haven't/didn't just do it then, honest, because I, like the rest of you animals, evolved this sort of compassion that happened to be nurtured as I grew up (unlike in various other people who go out and kill for pleasure or religion or whatever). The reason I don't kill people is simply because it's a social part of my base personality, so to speak, that was nurtured in my youth. Other civilizations or cultures or people have other parts of themselves nurtured beyond my non-killing-urge, such as their love of incompetent old men who live in the sky and tell everyone they control everything and can see everyone all the time (but still can't find one man in a garden when looking for him).

NuclearFuss
11-06-2009, 02:53 PM
^^^^^
No there isn't, it was either qore or an interview it talks about interactivity and they just start kissing and fall on the floor than it fades to black.

Jack_Vykios
11-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
^^^^^
No there isn't, it was either qore or an interview it talks about interactivity and they just start kissing and fall on the floor than it fades to black. Thanks. Elaborating on that point I didn't want to know about in the first place really helped. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

NuclearFuss
11-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Jack_Vykios:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:
^^^^^
No there isn't, it was either qore or an interview it talks about interactivity and they just start kissing and fall on the floor than it fades to black. Thanks. Elaborating on that point I didn't want to know about in the first place really helped. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that a hint of sarcasm? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

keepth3beat
11-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I mean, if I REALLY REALLY wanted to (I don't), I could probably kill someone and get away with it. But I won't/haven't/didn't just do it then, honest, because I, like the rest of you animals, evolved this sort of compassion that happened to be nurtured as I grew up (unlike in various other people who go out and kill for pleasure or religion or whatever). The reason I don't kill people is simply because it's a social part of my base personality, so to speak, that was nurtured in my youth.

Oh, you don't need to convince me. I'm one of the barbarians who doesn't believe in a higher power, either. But apparently not believing in God has also removed that sense of compassion and pretty much any other things that resemble emotions or a conscience.

I mean hell, I feel guilty when I cut someone off on the freeway. @_@

And, while I understand your frustration about learning tiny hints about the game before release (I kind of regret following videos/screenshots as closely as I have), you're on a forum for the game release... You should probably avoid it if you don't want to know absolutely ANYTHING about the game before it comes out. ;P

X10J
11-06-2009, 10:50 PM
you know i think that being an athiest would mean more value for humanity. i mean if an athiest were to kill someone they'd believe that that person were gone for good. no afterlife. same thing with theft or any thing realy

Jazerri
11-06-2009, 11:36 PM
you know i think that being an athiest would mean more value for humanity. i mean if an athiest were to kill someone they'd believe that that person were gone for good. no afterlife. same thing with theft or any thing realy

That's certainly true of some. But honestly, I think that people who value life will do so no matter what their religious leanings. Religions and philosophies function more to justify our morals than decide them.

UchihaKarasu
11-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Wow, one moment were talking about boobs and sex and the next were talking about religion and it's connection to compassion http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

I'm biblical, but I wouldn't say religious. But I know that some of the most compassionate people aren't religious.

nitres15
11-07-2009, 09:13 AM
lol im 13 and have played gta4 but i dont go out and shot sum guys and im not scared hate these thing buy the game if u can handle it..........
all game are for 15 yearolds

nox_umbra
11-07-2009, 10:43 AM
WARNING: extremely long and rambling post you have been warned!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif lol

There are people who are under 18 but are mature enough to understand never to impersonate any actions seen in brutally violent games, yet there are people who are over 18 who aren't mature enough and so may try to impersonate an action.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
Basically sometimes the age rating isn't everything, it depends on the type person they are i.e. are they easily influenced by things they see or hear?

In terms of nudity and sexual content, it nearly always causes the game to be automatically rated as 18+ or mature; i'm not an advocate of it in games, but here in the UK, the age of consent is 16, yet in games, sexual content is for an 18+ player(s) which is messed up imo. Also i'm not trying to say slashing people's throats is ok in a game but anything sexual is over the line, I'm just trying to make people think and no doubt get confused http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

As for the religious arguement starting:
- Anybody who believes atheists or agnostics have less compassion or moral dignity for others, what is your proof behind the theory (i'm not saying saying anyone is personally saying but if they do here's my answer)
-Everyone is entiltled to their own opinion however right or wrong it seems to another person, provided they don't express or act in regards to it (i'm trying to be as neutral as possible i know there things that are wrong like discrimination... in my opinion)
-People should be mindful of other people's beliefs and feelings, and think carefully before saying something
- On the other hand people should also take things being said less to heart, try to keep your cool and try to understand and reason.
- There is evidence that tells us that us that there were (and possibly still, it is in our nature) people who were corrupt and things in the catholic church, including popes. (I'm not trying to personally attack the catholic church btw)
- End of arguement, this was supposed to be a thread to advise someone if the game was suitable for a 12 yr old, not a religion war or atleast before it becomes one.

That just about covers all of it, i'm trying to stay as neutral as possible, so if any offence was taken, no offence was meant. I bet the mods are annoyed with me trying to steal their job, and making a mess of it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

p.s. If you have read all that i feel so sorry for you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

keepth3beat
11-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by nitres155:
all game are for 15 yearolds

No, hence why we have the rating systems. SOME fifteen year olds might be able to handle it. Some might not. It depends on their maturity level. 9_9

And Nox_umbra, I wouldn't really call what we were having to be a 'religious argument'... considering most of it was just "Hey I'm religious" or "Hey I'm an athiest". The most 'heated' parts involved two athiests bemoaning the fact that people think we're more likely to murder someone.

And I can answer why most people think athiests are untrustworthy--it's because most people thing that without the everlasting consequences of heaven and hell, athiests will just roam free and do what they want, which is really quite opposite of the truth, as has already been established. More killing has been done in the name of religion and the like than anyone else. Not to say that Christians or Muslims are going to just all of a sudden--*looks at the last 8 years of America's history with Iraq and the middle east*

...Oh.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

nox_umbra
11-07-2009, 11:08 AM
soz i didn't make it clear enough that i meant to end it before it started into an arguement + i was backing you up about athiests, i didn't make my self clear there either http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif i was agreeing with you, that that athiest and agnostics shouldn't be mistrusted more than religious people, as there is no proof that they are.

Hope that clears that

JudgeQwerty
11-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Well, if someone can comprehend the storyline, then I believe that person is probably mature enough to play it.

An_Idea
11-07-2009, 11:27 AM
hahaha. i dunno. the first games story was very simple and not very good

nox_umbra
11-07-2009, 11:28 AM
I suppose that is one aspect, but what if they can understand the plot yet want to impersonate people or actions from it.

JudgeQwerty
11-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Okay, there is no way to predict how crazy people will react.... unless we're talking about cosplay or people playing pretend, which is perfectly normal. I once dressed up as Savonarola and walked down my street, cyrsing their Roman decadences like air conditiondiong and horseless carriages that inspire idle feet, which are worse than idle hands because they are even closer to the Devil and more tempting...

It was hilarious uhtil someone believed me...

Okay, maybe I'm the wrojng person to answer that question... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Korejo
11-07-2009, 11:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Korejo:
when he asks u if he can assassinate christians and muslims... or his teachers..

Puh-lease. That outcome can be easily avoided if the child is talked to, or if the kid has enough sense in his head to know what's real life and what isn't. Honestly, if a kid starts going around talking about how he's going to assassinate Christians/Muslims/people at his school, that just shows that that kid should have been in therapy way before the question was asked.

I mean, really. People need to realize that in the cases of child violence, it's the child's fault, not the videogame. Something like that is because of a disturbed mind that would have eventually snapped regardless of the influence. It's like saying everyone who listens to rap music is going to go out and join gangs and the like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol.. what i was trying to say was.. violence is NOT for kids.. and this entire thread seems nonsense.. i mean.. If the Developer's have rated this game "M" this is not a prank, they actually mean it. They donot want under 17 to play this game. So y taking risks?.. and i dint mean that his son will lose his mind and actually go and assassinate people.. i meant.. violent video games affects child mentally.. it can result a kid to have a violent behavior.. and he wont even know how violent he has become, because for him voilence will turn into a norm but violence is NOT normal.

and yea.. its not the video game's fault (because they already rated AC2 mature).. and not entirely child's fault.. because if his parents allow him to play such games.. they are equally responsible. so the bottom line is.. If you (a parent) want to decide whether ure child should play this game or not.. My suggestion would be. No!

El_Sjietah
11-08-2009, 06:19 AM
The news has about as much violence as these kind of video games nowadays, yet I don't see anyone putting an age label on that. The news is even worse, because what's on there is actually happening, whereas a game is all fake.

It's also silly to judge someone's maturity by his age. I know plenty of people that are in their twenties and aren't half as mature as some 14-year-olds I know.

Bottomline: Age labels are an indication, not a restriction.

Shanack
11-08-2009, 08:38 AM
hi all - can anyone tell me to what extent the "mature content" goes to on the game, and is there a preference or setting you can use so that the game does not show mature content? i have a 12 year old son who really wants it but i am wary with the M rating. what kind of pervs need to make computer animated sex scenes? come on ubisoft, grow up and stop developing games like a coming of age teenager. sheesh.

any insight would be appreciated. thanks
eriq

well most of the time when games have "sexual content" it just means that they kiss for a while and they go to a private room and you dont see anything you just know that there having sex. and i dont think it a big deal that hese twelve hese guna learn or most likely already learned that stuff so it dosent really matter because by the time hese thirteen he will swear like a sailor and will be using the "in private browsing" option on the computer where it dosent record internet history if you know what i mean. itz a natural teenager thing and they cannot be babied forever. i think you shud just let him get the game.

p.s. dose he watch family guy? if he does this game will be much cleaner than that show(fam. guy is awsome btw)

KZarr
11-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Yes it can (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_Iran)

loveboof
11-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by nox_umbra:
i'm trying to stay as neutral as possible, so if any offence was taken, no offence was meant.
Why is it that we live in a culture which actively discourages people from expressing their true opinions?

It's so boring to hear someone sit on the fence in an argument... grow some balls!

____

Sex is a completely natural and essential part of life, I have no idea why we (socially) have turned it into such a big deal!

And anyone who thinks religion is necessary to live a moral life is misguided / wrong.

____

Thanks. Elaborating on that point I didn't want to know about in the first place really helped.

My opinion of Jack remains unchanged... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

keepth3beat
11-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Korejo:
lol.. what i was trying to say was.. violence is NOT for kids.. and this entire thread seems nonsense... and i dint mean that his son will lose his mind and actually go and assassinate people.. i meant.. violent video games affects child mentally.. it can result a kid to have a violent behavior.. and he wont even know how violent he has become, because for him voilence will turn into a norm but violence is NOT normal.

Sorry, but I severely disagree. First of all, this thread isn't pointless--it's actually spurred some good discussion about videogames, parenting, and religion in a way that is (for the most part) intelligent, legible and mature.

As for violent video games 'affecting' kids, you're wrong. There are hundreds of thousands of people that prove you wrong every day, myself and many others on this forum being the exception to what you're claiming. And I can't entirely say we're an exception because we are, in fact, the majority. The media and Jack Thompson (who has thankfully been disbarred) has had a heyday with using videogames as a scapegoat for the last 5-10 years. There have been many instances where they have tried to blame violent videogames for school shootings or other child violence wherein the kid in question has never played videogames regularly in their life.

Yes, in the cases of a *very* small amount of children, videogames can negatively affect their disposition. But chances are, the child that would confuse videogames for reality, or think that shooting people in real life is okay, is severely mentally disturbed and would have shown signs of that before he or she ever decided to harm another human being.

So yes, it is the parent's fault for letting their child play the videogame. However, it's also their fault for not paying enough attention to the possible signs their child may be giving them to show that, not only are they not mature enough to handle a violent videogame, but also that they have a severe problem and need mental help.

Videogames are no more responsible for real-life violence than movies or the news are. People just like to say that they are because they're a newer, more realistic and interactive medium. However, no matter what anyone says, holding a controller and pressing a button to shoot is nothing like shooting a real gun. I've done both. If anything, it's movies and television's fault for teaching kids how to use a trigger visually. ;P

And yes, unfortunately violence is ENTIRELY natural. Carnivores wouldn't exist if violence wasn't natural. Humans and animals are naturally hostile creatures, and we will always be hostile creatures, so long as we are individuals who eat meat, are in possession of a mind of our own, and pride.

I seem to recall a similar conversation at the end of AC1, actually... between Al Mualim and Altair. ;P

Grimm-X67
11-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Shooting people IS okay, just depends on who you are shooting. If it's a thief or a gang member even a druggy, it's okay. You're just cleansing the world anyways. And yes keepth3beat you're right, Al-Mualim and Altair did have a conversation exactly about this. By the way, I'm Catholic so don't take what I said as an 'Atheist' thing, also don't antagonize Atheists either as I have several Atheist friends and most are completely against violence. Just because someone doesn't believe in anything after death doesn't mean they value life any more or any less than those that believe in something after death.

HewieAlbino
11-08-2009, 07:51 PM
I think kids playing violent video games is fine, so long as they know the difference between that and reality.

Also, I feel that parents must help enforce that thinking, especially if they are worried that the game is or will affecting their child in a negative way. They should take time to explain that some things you do in games, you can't do in the real world. And if they are still nervous, make sure the child is supervised whenever he/she is playing.

As for the religious aspect of games, it should not be taken seriously. Remember, first and formost, it is a game. The writers will have to come up with certain things to drive the gameplay and story forwards.

The trouble with controversy these days is ignorance. People see or hear about something in movies, books and games and immediately assume it to be true, without going off to do a bit of research.

In my opinion, all the trouble and fuss about games can be avoided, if people just remember, games aren't real. Even if it is stated to be based on certain theories or events, most of the stuff is made up. And come on, games are meant to fun. Why get flustered over it? Just sit down and enjoy it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Phobos14
11-08-2009, 08:15 PM
*Moving important thread above spam*

noobkira
11-08-2009, 11:26 PM
as long as your kid has a decent IQ, he wont be influced to kill someone, if your son is an idiot and easily influced, dont let him get it, he'll end up stabing a *****.

Korejo
11-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by HewieAlbino:
I think kids playing violent video games is fine, so long as they know the difference between that and reality.

Also, I feel that parents must help enforce that thinking, especially if they are worried that the game is or will affecting their child in a negative way. They should take time to explain that some things you do in games, you can't do in the real world. And if they are still nervous, make sure the child is supervised whenever he/she is playing.

As for the religious aspect of games, it should not be taken seriously. Remember, first and formost, it is a game. The writers will have to come up with certain things to drive the gameplay and story forwards.

The trouble with controversy these days is ignorance. People see or hear about something in movies, books and games and immediately assume it to be true, without going off to do a bit of research.

In my opinion, all the trouble and fuss about games can be avoided, if people just remember, games aren't real. Even if it is stated to be based on certain theories or events, most of the stuff is made up. And come on, games are meant to fun. Why get flustered over it? Just sit down and enjoy it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Exactly!.. but we donot know his son.. so lets stop assuming that a vg will not mess him up.. Either he will play the game, enjoy playin it, end it and throw it away.. or maybe he will take the story line seriously.. or become violent.. WE dont know! because we donot know his son!..
I myself have been playing "M"/violent games since i was 13.. and i did not turn into a monster. because i know myself.. i knew the diff. b/w facts and fiction.. but i cant go on and assume every kid can do that. but violence for me had become a norm. if some one messed up with me.. i used to get physical. and thats wrong.. i m just saying.. playing video games doesnt damage ure brain cells and transforms u into a monster.. but it does affect ure mentality to some extent, as watching violence frequently does make u feel that violence is normal.. like "Another suicide bomb attack? okay.."

@ keepth3beat..
I know there is a diff. between a real trigger and a controller button tap.. i hv also done both.. and i assume alot of ppl here have..

So yes, it is the parent's fault for letting their child play the videogame. However, it's also their fault for not paying enough attention to the possible signs their child may be giving them to show that, not only are they not mature enough to handle a violent videogame, but also that they have a severe problem and need mental help.

So, u actually want parents to first allow their kids to play violent v.games, allow them watching violent movies and full coverage of war on Iraq.. and then monitor them, and if the kids cant handle violence, then help them out... because their kids need psychological treatment.. well.. IMO.. if thats what parents do to their children by experimenting useless experiments on them to see if their kids can handle violence or not.. the parents are the one who need mental help, not their kids.

Everybody knows children adopt good/bad things very quickly.. and enjoy implementing them as soon as they can. like lill kids love Jerry, and their elder bro's are Tom to them.. and they keep fighting. that doesnt mean a child is mentally sick.. but because he loves what Jerry does to Tom, he wants to do same to his elder brother.. to him cracking a frying pan on his brother's head is fun. but thats violence. solution? simple.. ban Tom and Jerry untill they are 12-14.

The easy option is.. why are you risking ure kids mental health? Why cant he wait for 2-4 years to play a game?.. as almost every one here agrees that "hey! its just a video game.. let him play." so yeah.. it is just a video game! u can play it when you grow up. Stop taking risks. My suggestion remains 'NO!'.. Decision is yours, doesnt really matters to me. m out.. take care.

Streaks-tORJ
11-09-2009, 12:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Korejo:
lol.. what i was trying to say was.. violence is NOT for kids.. and this entire thread seems nonsense... and i dint mean that his son will lose his mind and actually go and assassinate people.. i meant.. violent video games affects child mentally.. it can result a kid to have a violent behavior.. and he wont even know how violent he has become, because for him voilence will turn into a norm but violence is NOT normal.

Sorry, but I severely disagree. First of all, this thread isn't pointless--it's actually spurred some good discussion about videogames, parenting, and religion in a way that is (for the most part) intelligent, legible and mature.

As for violent video games 'affecting' kids, you're wrong. There are hundreds of thousands of people that prove you wrong every day, myself and many others on this forum being the exception to what you're claiming. And I can't entirely say we're an exception because we are, in fact, the majority. The media and Jack Thompson (who has thankfully been disbarred) has had a heyday with using videogames as a scapegoat for the last 5-10 years. There have been many instances where they have tried to blame violent videogames for school shootings or other child violence wherein the kid in question has never played videogames regularly in their life.

Yes, in the cases of a *very* small amount of children, videogames can negatively affect their disposition. But chances are, the child that would confuse videogames for reality, or think that shooting people in real life is okay, is severely mentally disturbed and would have shown signs of that before he or she ever decided to harm another human being.

Videogames are no more responsible for real-life violence than movies or the news are. People just like to say that they are because they're a newer, more realistic and interactive medium. However, no matter what anyone says, holding a controller and pressing a button to shoot is nothing like shooting a real gun. I've done both. If anything, it's movies and television's fault for teaching kids how to use a trigger visually. ;P

And yes, unfortunately violence is ENTIRELY natural. Carnivores wouldn't exist if violence wasn't natural. Humans and animals are naturally hostile creatures, and we will always be hostile creatures, so long as we are individuals who eat meat, are in possession of a mind of our own, and pride.

I seem to recall a similar conversation at the end of AC1, actually... between Al Mualim and Altair. ;P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You hit the nail on the head IMO. Go read up on child violence throughout history. Nobody makes mention of medival kids doing violent acts but they were around to be sure. Mostly, the stinking filthy media wasn't as powerful then (so there's at least ONE perk of living back then lol).

SlimeDynamiteD
11-09-2009, 01:43 AM
... Wow Dude why would you type so much XD
anyways, I'd just see the arguement on the first 2 pages.
And shut up this guy only wants some advices from the game and you guys are argueing about how he raises his kids?
That's his problem, not ours allright?
Let him raise his kids the way he does and mind your own business he just wanted some advice.
THEN GIVE HIM ADVICE AND STOP TELLING HIM HOW TO RAISE HIS KIDS ...
Seriously =X

El_Sjietah
11-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
... Wow Dude why would you type so much XD
anyways, I'd just see the arguement on the first 2 pages.
And shut up this guy only wants some advices from the game and you guys are argueing about how he raises his kids?
That's his problem, not ours allright?
Let him raise his kids the way he does and mind your own business he just wanted some advice.
THEN GIVE HIM ADVICE AND STOP TELLING HIM HOW TO RAISE HIS KIDS ...
Seriously =X

I'm sure he can mention it himself if he's bothered by it. Go be someone else's conscience.