PDA

View Full Version : Tir4.0 question

Coffee999
12-12-2004, 07:57 AM
I've read the tutorial on the new software, and understand it pretty well. Works great by the way :-). I also know that profiles from earlier versions aren't compatable.

So can I assume that if I set a profile with the same numbers as my old profile, that it will be very similar in movement to the old one?

Thanks

Coffee999
12-12-2004, 07:57 AM
I've read the tutorial on the new software, and understand it pretty well. Works great by the way :-). I also know that profiles from earlier versions aren't compatable.

So can I assume that if I set a profile with the same numbers as my old profile, that it will be very similar in movement to the old one?

Thanks

PriK
12-12-2004, 09:54 AM
I'd have to say no. The default sensitivities in the new algorithms are going to be different. However, if you set the curves to look similar to your old profile you can use the increase/decrease overall sensitivity to get it close.

Use the in-game "head" to get an idea of how it will move in PF across the full spectrum of your curves then try it in-game to get an idea how you can tweak it further if necessary.

One of my favourite new features is the ability to have one side of the curve different than the other (not mirrored). I use this to make the sensitivity slower (pitch) looking down (for steady gauge panel reading) than I do upwards (quick tracking of planes or horizon overhead during maneuvers).

The gauges display in the software is great because you can use it with the "heads" to relate where your head will be in-game at a certain point in your profile curve so you can have a better idea what it will be like when you hop into your plane.

If you would like to try my profile I'll be happy to send it to you although it may be different using 2DOF (with the 3-dot clip) than the one-dot method.

cheers

Coffee999
12-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Yes please do Prik. Love the name by the way :-)
You can send it here
scotsue@comcast.net
Thanks

Coffee999
12-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Great Prik,

I took your advice on lowering the numbers on the downward pan. Works great. Now when looking at the gadges, things are slower and smoother, and scanning up is still fast.

Tir4.0 is much better in that respect.

Good job and thanks for the tip.

Coffee

PriK
12-12-2004, 11:51 AM
np, and I'll see about sending you my profile when I get home from work. Actually, it might already be included in the release software not sure I'll have to check (probabaly called CharveL).