PDA

View Full Version : Pondering Overheating.

Waldo.Pepper
04-03-2007, 09:03 PM
I am wondering if anyone has tested this.

Is the time in which your plane is showing overheat warning message cumulative?

I read in the Frank topic that the plane can run in overheat for 4-5 minutes 'ish' without suffering damage.

So statements like that, and others, got me thinking - do you think that you can run your plane for a certain amount of time with the overheat message showing without suffering damage. Cool her down then does this 'reset the clock to zero'?

Or is it cumulative per flight? Or is it cumulative per engine on/off cycle or what?

How do you think Oleg has it modelled?

Personally, I have no idea done no testing and am speculating out loud looking for opinions.

Waldo.Pepper
04-03-2007, 09:03 PM
I am wondering if anyone has tested this.

Is the time in which your plane is showing overheat warning message cumulative?

I read in the Frank topic that the plane can run in overheat for 4-5 minutes 'ish' without suffering damage.

So statements like that, and others, got me thinking - do you think that you can run your plane for a certain amount of time with the overheat message showing without suffering damage. Cool her down then does this 'reset the clock to zero'?

Or is it cumulative per flight? Or is it cumulative per engine on/off cycle or what?

How do you think Oleg has it modelled?

Personally, I have no idea done no testing and am speculating out loud looking for opinions.

JR_Greenhorn
04-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Wasn't there a bug fixed in a patch a long time ago where if you shut down and restarted your engine, all the damage would reset? I know it wasn't specific to overheating damage, but I would think that they would've addressed that along with other forms of damage when fixing that bug.

M_Gunz
04-03-2007, 11:51 PM
All the damage reset?

Seen where one would cool the engine almost instantly and then back to full for as long as it
took the first time. That got patched, couldn't restart engines click-click any more. The
noise died down and it did get loud.

Damage? Reset? Engine damage only? If your engine gets shot up just blip it and it's like
new again? Or engine damage due to heat, which is debatable... should it be able to run
full speed after overheat damage? Does an engine in worn condition run as well as like new?