PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 1 or 2. Which is better?

oOSilentPwnOo
05-01-2010, 09:34 PM
I've played AC2, but not the first one and I am considering buying it. Is it good compared to AC2? Or just way worse, like they don't even compare to each other. Please answer these few question. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

DexLuther
05-02-2010, 01:01 AM
The graphics of both games are similar. AC2 is slightly better though because the scenery varies more than in the first.

Both stories are pretty long. Since AC2 continues the story of AC1, I'd definitely suggest playing both.

Neither really have much replay value after you've completed the story. They are similar to GTA in this regard. There's nothing to do except go around killing people or finding secrets/treasure you missed while doing the story. AC2 loses a point over AC1 though because there's no way to go back and re-do missions you might have enjoyed, rushed through, or completely missed because you let someone else play.

AC1 doesn't have different weapons/armor. At least not in the sense that AC2 does. In AC1 you gain access to a few weapons. You get throwing knives, a short sword, and long sword, the hidden blade, and of course your fists. AC2 has a few more options when it comes to weapons.

Neither game has much choice when it comes to armor/clothing. In AC2 you gain a few capes that have a somewhat useful effect. You can of course dye your clothes for some pure visual preference. The choices of armor are somewhat disappointing though. They improve in a linear fashion, so there's no reason not to upgrade the pieces as they become available. You also can't mix and match armor pieces. Unless you wait and buy ONLY the pieces you want to mix together as they become available. After that, the only way to switch armor is by switching complete sets. However, even after unlocking the best armor in the game (the Altair armor), I still put on the Missagilias set just because I preferred the look (I can't dye the Altair set). Gives me less protection, but counters and a bag full of health potions balances that out.

They both have a huge amount of playable map. Both have huge cities. AC1 also has the huge Kingdom. It's kind of vast and pointless though.

AC1 and AC2 are fun to play. If you've already played AC2, you might find the lack of the choice of weapons you're used to in AC2 a little dull in AC1 though. AC1 is definitely worth playing for getting the complete story of the Assassin's Creed saga.

oOSilentPwnOo
05-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Cpt_Yanni
05-02-2010, 11:54 AM
AC2 has a better draw-distance and it has more variety in missons. It provides more fun in my opinion also because the setting was (for me) recognisable (Venice, Florence etc... ). Also the variety of weapons provides more fun in AC2 in my opinion. AC1 was good, but AC2 is better (like it's supposed to be http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

oOSilentPwnOo
05-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

M-dahaka
05-03-2010, 04:58 AM
Haven't played both of them at full graphics, but AC2 is deff slightly better, and has more variaty.

Story-wise, they're about the same lenght, but AC2 has much more variaty. AC1 is pretty straight forward, and it gets old after a few assassinations, but still, it's fun messing around with the possibilities of how to assassinate a target.

The third one is tricky. I had more fun replaying AC2 then AC1, but to replay 1 mission in AC2, you have to start a new game, so this point goes to AC1 in my oppinion. As for the side-missions, AC2 has more variaty in them.

AC2 deff has more choice of weapons, not much to say about that. AC1 has the basics, but you get the upgrades as you progress.

They're both pretty big actually. AC2 has 3 smaller cities and 2 really big ones, but AC has the kingdom and 3 big cities, + masyaf. I'd say they're just as big total.

They're both fun to play, and AC1 is much cheaper nowadays, so it's deff worth buying it.

oOSilentPwnOo
05-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by M-dahaka:
Haven't played both of them at full graphics, but AC2 is deff slightly better, and has more variaty.

Story-wise, they're about the same lenght, but AC2 has much more variaty. AC1 is pretty straight forward, and it gets old after a few assassinations, but still, it's fun messing around with the possibilities of how to assassinate a target.

The third one is tricky. I had more fun replaying AC2 then AC1, but to replay 1 mission in AC2, you have to start a new game, so this point goes to AC1 in my oppinion. As for the side-missions, AC2 has more variaty in them.

AC2 deff has more choice of weapons, not much to say about that. AC1 has the basics, but you get the upgrades as you progress.

They're both pretty big actually. AC2 has 3 smaller cities and 2 really big ones, but AC has the kingdom and 3 big cities, + masyaf. I'd say they're just as big total.

They're both fun to play, and AC1 is much cheaper nowadays, so it's deff worth buying it.

Thanks!!

G684
05-04-2010, 06:47 PM
ASSASSINS CREED 1 AND 2 ARE SO FREAKING COOL BUT I THING NUBER 2 IS BEAST SO I GOING WITH NUBER 2

Black_Widow9
05-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by G684:
ASSASSINS CREED 1 AND 2 ARE SO FREAKING COOL BUT I THING NUBER 2 IS BEAST SO I GOING WITH NUBER 2
Hello and welcome to the Forums. Please don't post in all CAPS as it is considered shouting and against the Forum Rules.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

@ oOSilentPwnOo-
You should look here to see more ways of comparison. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

AC1 better than AC2 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2281008558)

oOSilentPwnOo
05-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Okay, thanks Widow. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

adarwinter
05-05-2010, 04:33 PM
AC2 is better than AC1 in everything besides the combat and difficulty.

AC1 was a cake walk but AC2 is a fudge slide. it's the easiest most unbalanced game i've ever played in years. combat too easy, money too much, losing your chasers too simple...

AC1 had more depth in it's combat with "defense breaks",enemies grabbing you, enemies that can dodge AND block, power attacks, countering is slightly harder, can't block with your hidden blade. stuff like that.
however since AC1 had regenerating health it mattered lil.

it's not that AC1 had a more challengin and more rewarding experience cuz it didnt, really, but once i got into AC2 u was expecting a game that is deeper than AC1 and didnt get that. it was more shallow. more simplistic. too easy.
it's like when u finish level 1 than u expect level 2 to be more challenging. i expected to "continue" with the challenge of AC1 and didnt get that so i was disappointed.

but im rambling. AC1 is not nearly as good as AC2 but it has points where its slightly better. andd since the graphics and sound and control is almost the same than it wont feel like u r playing an old and out-dated game.

but AC1 lacks TONS of stuff AC2 has and it feels like a tech demo. like UBI made up the free-running and combat mechanics and didnt have enough budget or time to addd a game around them.
if u want to buy AC1, be prepared for that.

Azugo
05-06-2010, 02:21 AM
Just go buy it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Murcuseo
05-06-2010, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Azugo:
Just go buy it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Indeed, its not going to burn a hole in your pocket!

AkumaGUY
05-07-2010, 06:10 PM
i have lost all faith in humanity when i reached the ending of AC2 i went into the foetal position. Someone was injecting chemical x into their bloodstream when they came up with that ending. Assassins Creed 1 was so cool how you were an Arab assassin during the crusader times. Of course AC2 had better graphics and gameplay and whatever, but come on! Who wants to play as a fruity Italian? They just should've kept the secrets of the pieces of Eden a mystery. I hate this Mayan end of the world crap. But to answer your question, AC1 has a better storyline, its too short and the graphics are appalling but it was fun for me to play. I am never gonna buy an AC game ever in my life

Murcuseo
05-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by AkumaGUY:

...and the graphics are appalling....

In comparison to what, ACII?

I think you're choice of words was a bit off, maybe because you're trying to dramatize your point to make it more valid. The graphics in AC are in no way appalling!

Originally posted by AkumaGUY:

I am never gonna buy an AC game ever in my life

Ok, cya.

EzioAssassin51
05-07-2010, 08:00 PM
They are both great games.

Just make sure you play AC1 first.

I played AC1 first, of course, then waited until AC2 came out and played that.

Just a couple of days ago i played AC1 again and it's totally different!

The main thing i noticed at first was it was a lot slower and a bit more boring than AC2 progession wise but I got used to it after a bit of a play through.
The graphics aren't as good but it's still a great game. I think the thing that i love about AC1 is that it's harder than AC2. It's not incredibly difficult, it just requires you to be more stealthy!

Both great games though

JohnConnor2012
05-08-2010, 04:10 AM
AC2's storyline makes more sense as a continuation of AC1, though the latter should end with the first half of the opening scenes of AC2, ending when he gets in the car boot.

Bigger point: just because AC1 is more same-ish / less complex than AC2 doesn't mean it isn't worth buying. It's still a darned good game!

ashiohsiao
05-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Personally speaking, I prefer AC2 to the first one. I actually played the second one before I purchased the first, wishing to get a better understanding of the whole story. However, after playing the second, I just didn't find the first as fun... the "blending" is stupid in AC1 and all the information gathering is boring, too. As a result, I ended up not finishing the first one, but played through AC2 three times.

However, AC1 has excellent performance on my PC while AC2 has a bunch of FPS issue...

Fox119
06-18-2010, 09:21 PM
I Just wanna Know when AC brotherhood PC's Version will be available ??

tamer1992
06-19-2010, 01:20 AM
You cant really compare between the 2 series.
I mean, for me in my opinion, I liked the story of the 1st 1 more, maybe because it is more related to the templars, cuz that's their origins.
but in the same time, Ubisoft learned for AC1 that they should not repeat the same mission over and over again.
so....
u have to say, if they apply AC2 options and settings on AC1, but having the same story of AC1, would u like it more than AC2?

Dutch375
09-22-2010, 10:54 AM
well if you want some serious stealthy assassinations buy AC1 the story too is great. a little more in the future with desmond too

rain89c
09-22-2010, 04:13 PM
AC1 CLEARLY has better graphics!
how can you people not see that???
just look at the city structures and buildings that are far away from altair, youll still be able to see its extreme details and civilians around that structure.

but if you do the same in AC2, you see LESS detail and texture, and NO civilians walking around.
go to the highest point of the map, and look down on all angles, youll only see civilians walking around directly below you, but other than that, you wont see them anywhere else...

AC2 only had better graphics on EZIO compared to Altair, thats all.

So how does AC2 have better graphics than AC1?
I dont get it

hewkii9
09-22-2010, 04:26 PM
The two games have equally good graphics. Assassin's Creed II's gameplay is superior in almost every way [except for the ability to plan assassinations]. The story, though, by and away goes to Assassin's Creed.

Nader-Abudiix
09-22-2010, 04:41 PM
hmm the graphics in AC 1 is better but AC 2 is better in every other way. so in the end AC 2 is better.... but it will be a short reign because brotherhood looks like its already a winner

rain89c
09-22-2010, 06:05 PM
also note that AC2 graphics looked more cartoonish compared to AC1 which looked super realistic.

AC2 did have a better gameplay and story though.

hewkii9
09-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by rain89c:

I get gameplay, but could you tell me just how you came to a conclusion on that second one?

rain89c
09-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by hewkii9:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rain89c:

I get gameplay, but could you tell me just how you came to a conclusion on that second one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ac2 had a more deeper story, you get to see how ezio grew up.
you got to go on a more epic adventure.
especially the build up towards the end of the game where we get the speech from minerva, that was epic.
character development was better also.