PDA

View Full Version : Traded this in...

mick_486
11-19-2007, 02:45 AM
And the reason for that is I find the game completely and utterly boring. Because I haven't a clue what's going on in it. I was born deaf, so subtitles would've been nice. Actually... it would've been really nice if the packaging for the game stated that there were NO subtitles.

The lack of subtitles wasn't mentioned in any of the reviews I read. Nor did the guy in the shop tell me there were no subtitles. I asked about this when I brought the game back and he had just assumed there were subtitles. That's my point. It's a standard thing in modern games. Especially in the big budget AAA games. It's something you assume, based on common sense, should be there.

Today I signed up here and went looking for the reason why... found some comment that stated it was due to size issue? Cutting subtitles is a silly way to save on space. Text doesn't take up a huge amount of space. They could've just done subtitles for the important, story-related, dialog. We don't need subtitles for all the incidental stuff that people on the street say randomly. Just the story stuff.

No deaf person, playing this game, will have a clue what's going on in the story. That's tens of thousands of deaf gamers who'll be either trading this game in or demanding their money back. Congrats on that Ubisoft. It looks great, moves great, but since there's no way of knowing what's happening in the story... it's a completely pointless purchase for a deaf person.

Kariko762
11-19-2007, 02:48 AM
I totally agree.

Im not deaf though but i still like to have subtitles on, i watch all my films with subtitles on just so i dont miss anything

When it comes down to it i find that i take the information in better if i read it rather than hear it.

It is a shame they didn't add any!

stix489
11-19-2007, 02:50 AM
Sorry to hear that dude.

Although they would have support for the hearing-impaired thing on the box if there were any. But I'm not totally sure on that one!

I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy the game, because of one small feature which wasn't included.

I feel for you!

robatubisoft
11-19-2007, 05:11 AM
Silly suggestion I guess, but you could always have someone sign the dialog to you, couldn't you? I dated a deaf girl once and she taught me ASL. Though, she could speak, but she didn't like to. She went deaf in her early teens. Being born deaf, I am guessing that you cannot speak either am I right?

To make a long story short, it's just an idea, sorry if I have upset you in any way.

Raide
11-19-2007, 05:33 AM
Dear Mick_486,

First of all let me say I am sorry that Assassin's Creed did not live up to your expectations. In regard to the lack of subtitles, this has been forwarded to the Developers as it is not an isolated issue.

With a game such as Assassin's Creed, a game with an indepth dialogue based story really needs to have the option of subtiles. Not just for those with difficulty in hearing but also for those that just want it as an option. Most reviewers or shop assistant do not even focus on a subtitle option and many have no idea if it does or not.

Again, I am sorry for you not fully enjoying the game. If you have any more questions, feel free to post here or PM me.

Raide
UK Forum Manager