PDA

View Full Version : Replaying.. lame.

Faylinks
11-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Well, i thought it would be REALLY fun to replay assassinations and such after i beat the game with all my upgrades and such.. but it takes them away to where i was at that time! lame!

and am i missing somthing i have beaten the game, but i never did the mission as seen in the e3 06 demo.. is this somthing i did diffrently like diffrent investigations to get to kill him there or what?

-you cant skip cut seances you have already viewd
-you cant save and quit and go back to that memory that you where at
-you loose every upgrade you have gotten after that assasination
-you must start and do all the investigations, you can just replay the assasination sequence.
-you start in mystaf and must ride to the city

i must say the replay value on this game really sucks.
you should be able to have the gear you have earned and be able to replay just the assassinations if you wish, you should be able to start where you stay the night at the assasins breao and go from there.

andruman
11-20-2007, 11:45 PM
unfortunately true. i think thats mainly because u do the same mission types over and over again.

Faylinks
11-21-2007, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by andruman:
unfortunately true. i think thats mainly because u do the same mission types over and over again.

but not the assasinations themselfs, they are always uneaque and diffrent every time, there are so many ways you can takle the assasination, and by replaying it you can see how each one works, waht ubi has done is made us do all the **** before it, investigations mystaff, all that stuff, jsut to get to the assasination :-(

so now the replay value sucks even more + no mutiplayer aspects

paperwingsra
11-21-2007, 01:14 AM
well i was also supprised and let down by the replay value but it makes sense... because your not just going back to the place you were at and being like oh lets kill this guy again but this time with my better equipment... no your basically going back in time (well farther back technically) to re-do something you have already done

fulukai
12-02-2007, 06:46 PM
this has to be the LAMEST bug of all in AC -- its bad enough that the assassinations are too easy, but this game doesnt even let you experiment easily!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif this really must be fixed via a patch!

i tried replaying the first mission in Acre and this time wanted to do it without having to kill anyone else but the main target (last time killed everyone in that damn hospital), but first had to start from Masyaf listening to Al Mualim's bs, then ride all the way to Acre (since at this point in the game, it doesnt even let you fast travel!!), then do the damn investigations and then the assassination..all in one play through without the option to save anywhere in between!! this is absolutely ridiculous..takes away any sensible replayability..

rileyjams
12-02-2007, 06:55 PM
I totally agree. Replay was a big let down. Right after I had beat it, I went back to block 4 thinking I could go around with the latest equipment and moves to make getting flags and templers easier. Not skipping cut scenes is a pain.

But then again, that may be the reason you cant keep upgrades when going back, to keep the skill level the same through-out.

Tela
12-02-2007, 07:00 PM
As frustrating as it is, thinking about all the things we are unable to do in replay, when you sit back and look at it, consider the story, it makes sense.

Altair thoses his equipment. He gradually earns it back. If you go back to a memory before he has gotten something, obviously he's not going to have it.

Kieran_Y
12-02-2007, 08:12 PM
yeah the non-saving thing is a complete pain. I just want to have a few skirmishes, but now as many have said, you have to sit through AL Mualim's damn speech EVERY SINGLE TIME and then you have to go on horse back out of Masyaf.

fulukai
12-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Tela:
As frustrating as it is, thinking about all the things we are unable to do in replay, when you sit back and look at it, consider the story, it makes sense.

Altair thoses his equipment. He gradually earns it back. If you go back to a memory before he has gotten something, obviously he's not going to have it.

I dont care about the equipment. But having to replay all the cutscenes, ride the horse for ages, do all the investigations etc - with NO OPTION TO SAVE BETWEEN - is just uber lame.

This notion the devs had of "trying to explain everything" in this game (via the memory blocks etc) is just plain idiotic. It really hampers gameplay. At the same time, there are countless other things in the game which are unrealistic and inexplicable, and so the notion falls flat anyway.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Kieran_Y:
yeah the non-saving thing is a complete pain. I just want to have a few skirmishes, but now as many have said, you have to sit through AL Mualim's damn speech EVERY SINGLE TIME and then you have to go on horse back out of Masyaf.

Possibly the speeches at the start of each chapter are there in order to conceal super long texture loading times. If that's not the case, then yeah it's an unnecessary pain.

Personally, while I'm waiting for Al Mualim's speech to end I either make myself a sandwich or a cup of coffee.

stix489
12-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Yeah same here...but instead of coffee...make it tea! or hot chocolate!

Plus I hate them speeches SO much! I wish I can assassinate him mid-speech!

Tela
12-02-2007, 10:34 PM
...Stix drinks tea? o.O

Same here, though. You just walk away, take care of some things, read book, or WHATEVER, and it'll be done.

stix489
12-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah I love tea! Have you tried it with milk? Yummy!

Tela
12-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Nah. Just a little sugar. Enough to taste, but not enough to dull the taste of the actual tea. ...Five or six sugar cubes, I think.(I usually measure with a spoon, so I'm not sure)

I just didn't imagine you as a tea-person.

Faylinks
12-02-2007, 10:44 PM
i like my tea BLACK muahah

anyways, i see people hate the replay value in different ways

my xbox ate my disk the other day so it has crushed my dreams of replaying it

Tela
12-02-2007, 10:47 PM
I like tea black too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

I actually don't mind replaying. I just do whatever until the speeches are over.

stix489
12-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Tela:
Nah. Just a little sugar. Enough to taste, but not enough to dull the taste of the actual tea. ...Five or six sugar cubes, I think.(I usually measure with a spoon, so I'm not sure)

You haven't...well guess how you're gonna have your tea next?

I like mine to be flooded with sugar! About 3 and half teaspoons of pure white sugar!

Yeah...I'm more of a coke person...but I still like to have tea once in a while!

I feel for you! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

dirtybird21
12-03-2007, 04:38 PM
I remember, I had one templar left and he was in damascus... Now my xbox did something 2 my disk that makes it so it randomly cuts out whenever i'm in damascus, I had found the templar and always got like THIS CLOSE 2 killing him and then it would cut out, So i had 2 see that stupid speech about ten times in an hour lol, I finally got it but DAMN.

sightl3ss
12-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Faylinks:

ya, my 360 sometimes makes this weird noise like the disk is scratching then says "disc unreadable" it only does this wit COD2 and AC though so idk, i just restart the game and its good.

but ya i hate the cutscenes, i like start a game at like 9pm or so then get to like right b4 the assassination then have to do HW so im like "ill just keep my 360 on till im done" then it ends up being like 10:30-11 so im like, **** im not leavin it on all night so i just have to restart the nxt day

smoeky
12-03-2007, 11:18 PM
i have my xbox and comp on a 2 way switch to my monitor, i just push the button for computer input and surf teh internetz and switch back when its done

katz_bg
12-03-2007, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Faylinks:

and am i missing somthing i have beaten the game, but i never did the mission as seen in the e3 06 demo.. is this somthing i did diffrently like diffrent investigations to get to kill him there or what?

-you loose every upgrade you have gotten after that assasination
The mission from the x06 demo was completely changed. now William is lecturing his soldiers instead, and you can't get the horse into the city, no was there the ruined bridge they jumped, so you see a lot has been changed.

And about the loosing upgrades answer me this: How pray-tell would Altair have his equipment returned in a previous memory (A MEMORY) before having his rank restored and then have it returned AGAIN afterwards?
what you want doesn't make sense. This is not Hitman: Blood Money we're talking about.

ACfanboy12
12-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Equipment or not... this should have been one of the best replayable games ever... I mean they devs screwed it up... you have to admit.

You should have been able to jump to ANY memory block... even an investigation mission bloc, with out viewing the damn cutscenes.. and just poof into the block... unless you want to see the cutscenes.

It should have been sweet... I mean i was hopeing to practice my Assassination but NOOOo I have to spend an hour just doing stupid **** before any assassination is done.

yeah k rant over.

Stillzero
12-04-2007, 12:37 AM
First off, the OP's avater is huge. There. Had to be said.

Secondly, eventhough i don't think that the replay value of this game sucks i agree on some of the points given by the OP.
It's true that some or most annoy on the fact they have to talk to Al Mualim everytime they restart a memory block and i myself do aswell.
Other then that i don't have a problem that i start in Maysaf or that i don't have all my equipment.
The only memory block i replay is the last one anyways seeing as i just want to collect stuff and "free roam" around in the cities.

It's all opinion based anyways and whats bad for me or you might be good for another.
However i would've liked it more if Ubisoft did cut out the conversations you have everytime you played back.

ACfanboy12
12-04-2007, 12:42 AM
I would have loved it if you can just jump to the assassination

stix489
12-04-2007, 12:52 AM
Play the game without the HUD (heads up display) and it feels like you're playing through an interactive movie...I am yet to try it, but many have and they LOVED it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ACfanboy12
12-04-2007, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by stix489:
Play the game without the HUD (heads up display) and it feels like you're playing through an interactive movie...I am yet to try it, but many have and they LOVED it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

It feels a lot like SOTC when you remove the HUD... I LOVE IT!

stix489
12-04-2007, 01:07 AM
Yeah cool...Ima try that out tonight! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif