PDA

View Full Version : A little speculation but VERY INTERESTING...

Last_Ottoman
06-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Hi you all. I became a AC fanatic already before its release-just like many people in here. The subject in here is, I read some speculations about gameplay of AC in some game review sites. According to them, AC's gameplay will be like a real life simulation. For example, Altair will not only hide in Mosques, Churches or Temples; he also get hungry, get thirsty, even he need rest after so much action. I think it could be amazing but since it is not a fact we can't be sure.
What You Think?

crasco200600
06-25-2006, 09:34 AM
do you have a link to this article?

Dudelike
06-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by crasco200600:
do you have a link to this article? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

OH_DragonBoy
06-25-2006, 10:12 AM
Resting...fair enough. But hungry and thirsty is not fun. It gets really annoying in GTA: San Andreas.

Fates.Dark.Hand
06-25-2006, 10:23 AM
If the game is made too realistic by getting thirsty and hungry its gona kinda of wreck it. as out hero goes in for the kill he gets a sudden urge to have a BigMack with cheese so there for he jumps on his horse and rides off to McDonalds http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

The game wont be 100% realistic, like by wanting food, wanting water, a new change of clothes, getting illness's and other things like that, this will just drag the gameplay down. but i expect to see maybe real fighting, climbing, escape routes and stuff like this.

Keep the eating and drinking out of it, because if the game is made too realistic, who says our hero might go in for the kill and then realise he drunk too much water before his mission and suddenly need the WC http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

arab-prince
06-25-2006, 10:35 AM
That would be a sweet idea, but not for this game.

This game is mostly and Action game with only a few bits of RPG. for example, you can upgrade your weapons etc. But I don't think we should go all out RPG and go eat food, get sick, get married, etc. This sounds too much like Fable. Not that Fable was a bad game or anything, but AC is mostly about the action. Lets keep it that way.

mrsmooth_840
06-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Yeah, orlando has a point. and yes, I've played san andreas, It can get annoying, but it does restore your health, and it takes a while before you really need to eat, so not so bad. but seeing that this will be almost like real life, eating wouldn't be too bad, three spuare meals a day and perhaps a couple of snacks, depending on what you eat, your performance can be excelled or hindered, lot's of slow realese carbohydrates, like pasta and bananas would be best for the sort of stuff altair has to do, a far ammount of protein to keep his muscles in shape and so any cuts and scrapes can heal. not too much fat(obviously) but just a little bit. altair would also need alot of calcium to strengthen his bones so they don't break when he jumps off a building. drinking could become a little annoying. looking at all the running altair has to do, about 50 degrees centergrade, wearing that hood and carrying all that equipment, altair would have to drink a hell of a lot to maintain peak physical condition. he'd need to carry a bottle of water arround with him everywhere he went and go and re-fill it every now and then at a fountain or well. I can see that being a compleate pain in the arse, It's realistic, but far to realistic! it is just a game, so it doesn't need to that realistic. if ubi goes ahead with it(well, if they try to out do them selves on realism), I can see assassin's creed being a big dissapointment. would that mean you'd also have to go to the toilet ?

crasco200600
06-25-2006, 10:47 AM
i think if they do add food and stuff it should only be to heal or something like that. it sounds fun with hunger and thirst but i wouldn't be.

Last_Ottoman
06-25-2006, 11:08 AM
It is only a speculation, don't overstate it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif
AC collects so much awards in E3 and most of sites like gamespot, ign, gametrailer, 1up and gamespy post AC as best PS3 game. Even some of them post AC as E3's best game. After all these advertisements,announcings and awards, hopefully there will be a masterpiece.

Sandwarrior1990
06-25-2006, 04:40 PM
That'd be like... the Prince of Persia stopping for toilet breaks or for a 'spot of lunch' whilst trying to change the timeline http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I like the games to be close to reality, but things like that take it too far..

the_assassin_07
07-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Resting...fair enough. But hungry and thirsty is not fun. It gets really annoying in GTA: San Andreas.
Well a good thing 4 u is that u only have 2 rest.

-You can't escape the Assassin-

ScytheOfGrim
07-21-2007, 08:33 AM
i hope you dont even have to rest...

nice that ubi is aiming for realism and all...but sleeping gets annoying too...remember bully??

bleh...

the_assassin_07
07-21-2007, 08:35 AM
i haven't played bully http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif but that is only when u go 2 the mission guy after u complete the mission and the screen goes blank 4 1 sec.

ScytheOfGrim
07-21-2007, 08:38 AM
yeah...that way they might be able to move time and allow you to understand why time moved...

trust me...DONT play bully...its...ummm...bad...

i hhope after you beat the game, time moves bormally and you dont need to rest, EVER.

SCARFACE_47
07-21-2007, 10:34 AM
i said this years ago when san andreas came out.....I DON`T WANT A RPG

when i played bully i liked those ideas, even the sleep thing, but that won´t work for ac
he can only get tired after 20 hours without sleep or food, but that´s it DONE

***edited for content- that's quite enough now of autocensor bypassing, this is an E-rated forum - please don't do it again - thanks - //zgubilici

ScytheOfGrim
07-21-2007, 10:36 AM
true, but in bully the sleeping gets annoying once you just wanna mess around...

yehonatan.roth
07-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Fates.Dark.Hand:
getting illness's and other things like that,

LEPRACY!!! Scurvey!!! YAY!!! iam just saying i would love a game i could hit a guy then because i diden't fix my desise (by holy man big lol) my arm would come off

or if i had a really bad cough and i would sneak behind the guards and come to kill them lift my arm then *cough*cough* thay turn around iam with my arm all up in the air haveing a oops face then puting it back in and runing for dear life...

Yes... yes... being sick in a game adds flavoure to my likeing

the_assassin_07
07-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ScytheofGrim: trust me...DONT play bully...its...ummm...bad...
Really?! I thought it was good ... anyway