PDA

View Full Version : A little thing that completely spoils the realism for me

Rakudaton
01-07-2011, 04:50 AM
Just wandering the streets in Brotherhood is actually quite an interesting experience. Whereas in AC all we got were beggars and lepers and drunks, there is now a great diversity of people on the streets, such as:

--> Street-performers. Fire-breathers, acrobats, musicians.
--> Young men having playful fist-fights
--> People drinking
--> Robed scholars poring over books
--> People seemingly describing landmarks to a friend or else giving directions (the people who point their arms in certain directions)
--> People comforting their loved ones
--> Couples making out
--> Etc

You see? We get a splendid array of people doing different things and this makes the city seem so much more alive. But there is one MASSIVE problem. And it is this:

People don't seem to be committed to whatever they're doing

What do I mean by that? Simple. If Ezio does anything out of the ordinary, they will give up on what they were doing and just walk off. Even performing a gentle push on a grieving couple will make them briefly look at you and then just walk off separately without another word. This completely destroys the illusion of real people -- it just makes it seem as if they're just being scripted to act in a certain way. Of course, they ARE just doing that... but that's not the point.

Agree? Disagree? Am I just being overly picky?

Inorganic9_2
01-07-2011, 04:55 AM
haha yea I hate that too. Although, I have noticed in Brotherhood with the crying citizens

*cry cry cry* *see Ezio free-running*
*stop*
Wow, look at him!

*cry cry*

sometimes, they do go back to what they were doing.

One problem I have is that people shouldn't just drop whateevr they are doing just because a horse rides past. the amount of lanterns, pieces of bread, books and parasols left lying on the street just because someone rides past on their horse is ridiculous...that and the box dropping. Just move. Don't just let go of what you were carrying and walk off....

kriegerdesgottes
01-08-2011, 12:11 PM
That is oddly annoying. To add to that I hate when if you walk too close or if you push past them they drop whatever they are holding whether it's food or an umbrella. I could see if they were scared and running but just dropping everything in your hands because someone walked by is annoying.

Ass4ssin8me
01-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
haha yea I hate that too. Although, I have noticed in Brotherhood with the crying citizens

*stop*
Wow, look at him!

*cry cry*

One problem I have is that people shouldn't just drop whateevr they are doing just because a horse rides past. the amount of lanterns, pieces of bread, books and parasols left lying on the street just because someone rides past on their horse is ridiculous...that and the box dropping. Just move. Don't just let go of what you were carrying and walk off....

They yelled at you in AC2 if you destroyed a box. Not sure if they still do. But even then, why should walking slowly into someone make them drop a box?

LordWolv
01-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

*stop*
Wow, look at him!

*cry cry*

They yelled at you in AC2 if you destroyed a box. Not sure if they still do. But even then, why should walking slowly into someone make them drop a box? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Worse than that in ACB, if you gallop past someone with a box fast they drop it then shout at you.

Now, who's fault is that?

Ass4ssin8me
01-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Well the horse could have made some dust fly up and land on him? He isn't to blame there!

The crying couples are what really annoy me. If I just walk near, them they not only stop crying and hugging, and walk in oppisite directions.

Also it would be nice to have child NPCs walking through the street. Or hasn't Leonardo invented them yet?

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Having children playing at the sides of the street with their mothers close would be cool, like if you kill someone their mams could run up to their children and hide their eyes. but yeah it is annoying that the npc's act like real people but then just walk away as if nothing has happened and act as if they don't know anyone.

alan1147
01-08-2011, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

*stop*
Wow, look at him!

*cry cry*

They yelled at you in AC2 if you destroyed a box. Not sure if they still do. But even then, why should walking slowly into someone make them drop a box? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In AC2 they seem to change direction to walk in front of you so that you bump into them, and then if a guard is close by they will chase you. I assume it is a deliberate hazard in the game.

Rakudaton
01-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Also it would be nice to have child NPCs walking through the street. Or hasn't Leonardo invented them yet?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

I can just see that on the list of inventions:

*sits on bench*
"What would you like me to make for you?"
--> Climb Leap Glove
--> Poison Darts
--> Double Hidden Blade
--> Children
--> Flamethrower (seen the guy who's made a thread proposing one? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif)

Actually, selecting "make children" with Leonardo sounds odd... and considering how he basically tells Ezio he's homosexual... ewwww!! Bad man!

TorQue1988
01-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Well indeed those things are annoying...but about the children i know that killing them would be awkward bla bla bla but they could just make them untouchable ,i mean when you try to hit them they just run away and your hit doesn't affect them at all...like after some missions when a character you just talked to during the mission walks away and you can't hit him as much as you try(i remember in ac2 a mission in venice with leonardo, when the mission ended leo just walked away minding his own business and he was untouchable)...but i guess for ubisoft the simple thought of trying to hit a child is blasphemy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Ass4ssin8me
01-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by TorQue1988:
Well indeed those things are annoying...but about the children i know that killing them would be awkward bla bla bla but they could just make them untouchable ,i mean when you try to hit them they just run away and your hit doesn't affect them at all...like after some missions when a character you just talked to during the mission walks away and you can't hit him as much as you try(i remember in ac2 a mission in venice with leonardo, when the mission ended leo just walked away minding his own business and he was untouchable)...but i guess for ubisoft the simple thought of trying to hit a child is blasphemy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

They could, make it like Fable, Were you can't hurt them at all. They could let you Phase through Kids, when using Offensive abilities, and fit it into the story, by saying it's a glitch in the Animus.

ninja_7_7
01-08-2011, 06:00 PM
I want the mental patients and beggars back from the first one. I loved/hated running from the guards and then being pushed by the mental people. It made it much harder. At the end of the game since your are allowed to kill civilians I killed all the beggars and mental patients. Feelsgood

Masta_Pain
01-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Also when you bump into the drunk ones they become instantly sober and walk away. I agree with you, they need to fix this in AC3.

Alpha Ender
01-09-2011, 02:02 AM
As long as we're talking about realism...what happened to synchronization? What is this medicine crap? The whole point of the Animus is to synchronize with your ancestor, which AC did perfectly as far as "health" goes; the further in the story you got, the stronger your synchronization, which made it harder to kill/desynchronize you. In ACII and ACB, they changed it to just plain old boring health again.

Black_Widow9
01-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Please make sure that you post your Feedback here also. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298)

slaro
01-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Female assassins with swords and that could be recruited destroyed the realism for a great part for me there. Not the courtesans but the one that could be recruited.
A female with a sword, and that she even could use it, is not realistic so i didn't help them. Or I did but didn't let them join the assassin ranks there.

Murcuseo
01-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by slaro:
Female assassins with swords and that could be recruited destroyed the realism for a great part for me there. Not the courtesans but the one that could be recruited.
A female with a sword, and that she even could use it, is not realistic so i didn't help them. Or I did but didn't let them join the assassin ranks there.

You've never seen a Glaswegian lassy with a broken bottle in her hand.

slaro
01-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slaro:

You've never seen a Glaswegian lassy with a broken bottle in her hand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not in that age i didn't, and you didn't either, besides, that's totaly different from a master with a sword, or other skill weapons
sorry mate.

Johno_efc
01-09-2011, 12:30 PM

Joan of Arc thinks your a sexist.

slaro
01-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Johno_efc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slaro:

Joan of Arc thinks your a sexist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but she was a single exception, that proves this rule, notice how she was recognized, just because she was a female and such devoted, so many female assassins, not believeble, even a single one, because female couldnt get unrecognized into the shadows like men what's is needed for an good assassin
indeed hm.

LordWolv
01-09-2011, 12:38 PM

Isaac agrees with Joan of Arc.

Johno_efc
01-09-2011, 12:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Johno_efc:

True, but she was a single exception, that proves this rule, notice how she was recognized, just because she was a female and such devoted, so many female assassins, not believeble, even a single one, because female couldnt get unrecognized into the shadows like men what's is needed for an good assassin
indeed hm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M...mistress_of_Commodus) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcia_(mistress_of_Commodus)

slaro
01-09-2011, 12:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Johno_efc:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M...mistress_of_Commodus) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcia_(mistress_of_Commodus) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She is not an assassin fool, or a warrior, she is a killer. Almost everyone can be a killer.

Murcuseo
01-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:

You've never seen a Glaswegian lassy with a broken bottle in her hand.

Not in that age i didn't, and you didn't either, besides, that's totaly different from a master with a sword, or other skill weapons
sorry mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*watches as the joke goes over slaros head and into the distance*

Also, I have a question. And, an observation.

Question: Do you have any skill with weapons slaro?.

Observation: Your attitude is a little irritating.

Example:

She is not an assassin fool, or a warrior, she is a killer. Almost everyone can be a killer.

Turn the smartassness down a notch, please?

Anyway, the only way you could know that there has never been or will never be women assassins is if you know every single women to have lived and meet every single woman in the future.

Your point is moot. It's your opinion, stop acting likes it's fact.

Johno_efc
01-09-2011, 01:11 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M...mistress_of_Commodus) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcia_(mistress_of_Commodus) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She is not an assassin fool, or a warrior, she is a killer. Almost everyone can be a killer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't saying she was an "Assassin" but women have been capable of murder and holding swords which you said they weren't.

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C...at.27s_assassination (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Corday#Marat.27s_assassination)

She assassinated a journalist who was a member of a group who caused others harm.

Sort of sounds like something the Assassin's would do.

So it's not really a crazy thought that a Woman could be recruited who wants to make a difference in a dark time.

alan1147
01-09-2011, 02:05 PM

I seem to remember Catherine Zeta-Jones was pretty handy with a sword in 'Mask of Zorro'!

nekov4ego
01-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Haven't yet played Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, so I am going to be writing only for AC and AC II.

I like the way the people who are supposed to recognise you, just do it without an effort. I remember Leonardo shouting: "Ezio, here, over here!" in Forli, before you save Caterina; he starts shouting even when there's just no way he saw you, and you can hear his voice as if he were behind you.

Why only Leonardo and Ezio's friends have this ability? Your target is always so stupid that you have to show him your sword in order for them to figure out that you are going to kill them.

About the strange people who forget what they wanted to do:
- I like the way the people near the docks, who sit and look at the water, perhaps dreaming of having better lives, just see you free running past them, and then they stand up and walk away SO CALMLY as if they are still dreaming, like zombies.
- The people with boxes sometimes seem as if they have to deliver what they are carrying to the walls, literally, they change their direction so unexpectedly that they look as though they are lost or something (while the actual reason for doing this is that they are there to annoy you and get the attention to you).
- Ottaviano (or whatever the name of one of Caterina's kidnapped by the Orsi brothers kids was) is on the top of a tower, right? After you kill one of the brothers, he, the kid, performs a leap of faith or what? He so wanted to go to the bathroom..!
--- Oh, I think I can think of a thousand other people or things that make Assassin's Creed look unrealistic. The fact that it does look realistic if you are not so much into the details makes everything OK. I love this game so very much!

Sorry, but this thread looks to me as "tell us your favourite unrealistic thing about AC". Nice!

Ass4ssin8me
01-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by AlphaEnder:
As long as we're talking about realism...what happened to synchronization? What is this medicine crap? The whole point of the Animus is to synchronize with your ancestor, which AC did perfectly as far as "health" goes; the further in the story you got, the stronger your synchronization, which made it harder to kill/desynchronize you. In ACII and ACB, they changed it to just plain old boring health again.

I think, they did this to incorporate Armour. In AC2 the more Codex, you got the more Health you got, so I think that was the same as syncing?

Ultimate_Night
01-09-2011, 11:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AlphaEnder:

I think, they did this to incorporate Armour. In AC2 the more Codex, you got the more Health you got, so I think that was the same as syncing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You still healed with medicine that you purchased, which doesn't make as much sense as the health recharging as sync restores.

Alpha Ender
01-09-2011, 11:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AlphaEnder:

I think, they did this to incorporate Armour. In AC2 the more Codex, you got the more Health you got, so I think that was the same as syncing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree that it had the same basic effect, but then things like medicine ruined it for me. I like the idea of armor, don't get me wrong, because it would be ridiculous for Ezio to keep one set of armor during a game. Altair only had one set of, well, clothes because his "health" was based off of synchronization, not actual health of the ancestor.

It really is just semantics, calling the thing that keeps you playing "health" or "synchronization", but it's the medicine that bugged me.

obliviondoll
01-10-2011, 04:57 AM

The word "amazon" also disagrees with you.

Joan was the most public example, not the only one.

There have been many female soldiers, and occasional female-only warbands, throughout history.

Steelbadger
01-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
The word "amazon" also disagrees with you.

Joan was the most public example, not the only one.

There have been many female soldiers, and occasional female-only warbands, throughout history.

The women of Sparta were trained alongside the men; they were the city's defence when the menfolk were away. They fought a number of battles against Pyrrhus of Epirus (He of the pyrrhic victory fame).

Germanic tribes often brought their womenfolk with them to battle.

About 20% of Scythian warrior graves are women dressed for battle as if they were male.

There were of course the myths of the 'Amazons' (Penthesilea, Queen of Amazons is killed by Achilles at Troy). These may have been caused by the Scythian warrior women.

There was also, of course, Boudicca, who went into battle alongside her two daughters. They were said to be fearsome warriors.

More recently there were the Dahomey Amazons; an all female fighting force hailing from around Benin.

Sikhism is very equality minded and gave women equal right to fight in war.

There are also numerous graves of apparently anomalous female warriors from almost every culture, from Native Americans to ancient Iranians.

But it's all fairly irrelevant:

Assassins =/= Warriors; if it ends in a big ol' pitched battle then some thing's gone wrong somewhere. You're killing the wrong people in a battle (The Pawns, Assassins are concerned with the leaders). Further to this, all of the male protagonist assassins are not to be found in our history books, it stands to reason that any female protagonist would be the same.

MatDolton
01-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Urm... have you never heard of the Order of the Rose? They were a group of Knights who were females. There was quite a number of females in that order. Many more than just Joan were females and knew how to use a sword.

Sps_Drake
01-13-2011, 06:39 PM
As Ezio said:
"By recruiting enemies of the state..."
By saying that women can't be an enemy of the Borgia, you imply that a woman can do no wrong. Also, anyone can learn how to use a sword.
On topic, I like how when I pickpocket the criples (the ones that walk around all bent over) they stand up normally. I figured out how to cure a broken spinehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

XxSYD3WINDERxX
01-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Yeah I know, I don't know if someone's mentioned this but sometimes you see some people having a picnic all sitting on the floor and when you go near then they all get up and leave. Just like that. :O Aren't they at least gonna ask if I wanna join them before ditching me?!