PDA

View Full Version : HL Online Players, What O.S. do You Use?

LEBillfish
10-20-2007, 10:08 AM
There seems to be some issues with ServerChk = 2 and Operating systems being incompatible....SO what do you use?

and yes, I'm a PC tard so have no idea what's out there......May be better defined later based on the results of this thread.

TheGozr
10-20-2007, 01:16 PM
XP pro and got better results on W server2003

AFJ_rsm
10-20-2007, 01:25 PM
so why are you back on XP Pro?

I must admit after your Server 2003 post a while ago I really got interested in crossing over...

skycaptain_1
10-20-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm on XP pro but have my server running windows server 2003, no issues here

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-20-2007, 01:59 PM
XP Pro 64bit here.

sdcruz
10-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Linux

IF anyone is interested, check out this link - and read from "Supply diversification"

http://www.winehq.org/site/why

JG51_Rudel
10-20-2007, 06:26 PM
I have XP Pro 32Bit.

TheGozr
10-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Well it's two machines http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WOLFMondo
10-20-2007, 07:53 PM
XP Pro 64.

crazyivan1970
10-20-2007, 08:02 PM
XP64 PRO

JG52MadAdler
10-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Was XP Pro
Now XP Pro 64

Absolutely no problems hosting large coop sessions
on either.

LW_lcarp
10-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by LEBillfish:
There seems to be some issues with ServerChk = 2 and Operating systems being incompatible....SO what do you use?

and yes, I'm a PC tard so have no idea what's out there......May be better defined later based on the results of this thread.

Now let me understand this there have been how many posts out there that have said CRT 2 may now work because of operating systems.

SOOOOO lets start another thread that says hey operating systems may be having problems connecting if you are running XP and the server is running 2000 or what ever. And they have CRT 2 on.

Now we have had patch leaks and as a matter of fact entire games leaked because of pirates and such and the only place I have found out about these leaks is on this forum. You now want to start this all over again that there is indeed a problem and we as a community are incapable of solving the problem.

Yes some have hacked the DM and FM of this game and are using it against others in this community.

Now the only way we figure we can let the community to know about these problem is to continually post on the forum that we have a problem. And the only way we know how to combat this problem is to postthat this is wrong and we are going to do nothing about it, but sit back and post all the problems that arise from this problem.

The servers have an admin around somewhere and they can be contacted somehow. Be it MSn or whatever. How about we get proactive instead of reactive about the problem. Instead of posting problems with hacks here lets deal with the hacks online. Contact the server admins via MSN or whatever and have the hacks removed from the servers.

Will we be ableto say as Churchil said "never have we owed so much to so few". Or will we continue to post on this board about people hacking.

LEBillfish
10-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by LW_lcarp:

Now let me understand this there have been how many posts out there that have said CRT 2 may now work because of operating systems.,,,,,,,etc.

Not sure exactly what you're trying to say....Yet with the stringent check, or =2, the server may see p;ayers with certain other O.S. as being non valid IL2 software picking up on simply the different OS....(not even sure why it discovers that yet whatever).

SO the point being to determine what OS's are most prevalent, and which conflict. What I have "heard" is, schk=2 has issues recognizing Vista..Yet so far have heard of no others directly named.

Looking at the poll thus far, it tells me that if Vista is the only one with a problem, it's not a huge problem for the community as a whole, so instead of the masses forsaking serverchk=2 or whatever it is, they should use it and a solution be found for Vista users (may simply be like some apps where you tell windows to see it as say a Win95 application).

Now I don't know....Point blank I'm a PC weetawd, yet the point of this poll is to give those who aren't some ammunition to work with....

Chu gettit now mang?