PDA

View Full Version : U-boat Front Clasp instituted only in 1944

runyan99
07-09-2005, 12:02 AM
I recently learned this award was instituted in May 1944.

It really shouldn't be available in-game until that date, and if you really want to be authentic, I guess you shoudn't award it to any crew prior to that date.

RedTerex
07-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Thanks for highlighting this oversight.

I understand though that this error has been fixed in one of the RUB (Real U-Boat) Mods that is now available.

stinkhammer6
07-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Like it matters. Its a game, deal with it.

MoreMP
07-09-2005, 08:47 AM
>>Like it matters. Its a game, deal with it.<<

There are those of us who have a certain level of expertise AND pride of knowledge in this field and due to the level of virtual realism presented in this game, we feel we have some value added ideas that can enhance that experience.

As for dealing with it. Those of us who find these mistakes are doing just that. We make note of the historical inaccuracies, relay that to the mods, who in turn have made many corrections based on our feedback for which I am grateful. The more detailed the game, the more gratifying the experience to both the novice and historical experts!

Did you ever once give some thought that there are many who are playing this 'game', they are actually learning more than just diving and shooting? Because there is such richness in detail with a game like this, when I hit one of those 'inaccuracies' I want to point it out so it does not take away from the realism of another player. That person can then say, "WOW! - The developers of this game really went to that level of detail!"

stinkhammer6
07-09-2005, 03:52 PM
As for realism, then where is the hair movements of the crew on the watch? The clasp holding the oakleaves swords and diamonds is actually much higher than pictured in the medals box. The golden oakleaves was only issued once to a stuka pilot. The type VII-C/42 never sailed. I can go on and on, but like I said, its just a game, as for dealing with it, you are nitpicking. Im positive you seen the other topic thread pertaining to this since it popped up nearly right after it, if you feel the need to correct someone on an entirely different topic thread, one in which you started for that sole purpose, then speak to the ones talking about it in that thread instead of creating yet another thread just for that purpose.