PDA

View Full Version : Which is more dangerous, AI or human opponent.

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 02:25 AM
Eventhough I agree the behaviour of a human opponent is unpredictable, he also doesn't have eyes that pointing to all eight directions at the same time like the AI pilots. Humans also don't equiped their plane with a telescope gun sight, and I believe most of us in this forum are not trained as expert marksman with sniping skills. At the end, I found that AI in ACE level more dangerous than virtual pilots online. What's your take.

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 02:25 AM
Eventhough I agree the behaviour of a human opponent is unpredictable, he also doesn't have eyes that pointing to all eight directions at the same time like the AI pilots. Humans also don't equiped their plane with a telescope gun sight, and I believe most of us in this forum are not trained as expert marksman with sniping skills. At the end, I found that AI in ACE level more dangerous than virtual pilots online. What's your take.

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 02:27 AM
Have you taken on GOOD human pilots? AI`s nothing against good human pilots. (Though I have met plenty of humans that are dumber than the AI online/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif )

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

Message Edited on 11/04/0301:27AM by SeaFireLIV

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 02:33 AM
The AI has very predicatable behavior and serious flaws that can be exploited to defeat it easily. If you know the AI as you know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles (b/c the AI will use the same ******ed tactics each of the 100 times).

A human would make moves that are harder to predict, and more applicable to the specific angles/energy situation. A human wouldn't try to outclimb your BF-109G with a P-47, nor would it try to outturn your P.11c with an I-16. The person would make logical decisions.

But if the fight is in at midnight in fog, I'd put my money on the AI http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Message Edited on 11/03/0306:34PM by StG77_Fennec

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 02:36 AM
Simple and short answer: human opponent is more dangerous.

http://sites.uol.com.br/disco_virtual/cmte_carvalho/compartilhada/Forgotten_Battles/Assinatura_IV.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 03:59 AM
hmmm let me think .....

ACE Human or ACE Ai ......

dont want to sound rude here .... but there IS NO COMPARISON

good human pilots are WAY MORE DANGEROUS

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 04:08 AM
As the others have said, AIs are too predictable. You know when you close on their six they'll break off from whatever they're doing to dodge. A human player would do a variety of things - snap out to make you overshoot, chop the throttle, turn hard, do some barrel rolls... and so on. You KNOW the AI will make a short break and then roll, climb, etc. A human player isn't as predictable. That goes both ways, though. While you can predict the AI making a break when you're passing on him, a human player may not.

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/klv_ubisig1a.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm a P-63 whiner too! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 08:07 AM
Ace-level AI is better than most human pilots. The good human pilots are better than ace-level AI.
The AI might have predictable tactics, but that will beat poor tactics or no tactics, however varied.

In FB the AI have unbelievably good aim, far better than any human I have seen. This is the AI's primary advantage.

In FB the AI will also take advantage of every opportunity to crash into you, a marked and unfortunate change from the first game.

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 08:17 AM
Agree that humans are more challenging. There is another factor, in that even humans become predictable just like AI once you get to know them.

Fly on the same server long enough and PDF_BillyBob will show you the same basic moves. That's why I'm always glad to be on servers with no icons. You never know who you've got by the tail.

"We will welcome them with bullets and shoes."

Zayets
11-04-2003, 09:02 AM
Nah,human are the best.

Zayets out

http://www.arr.go.ro/iar81c.JPG

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 09:02 AM
Basicly I would say AI.. because if they get into your six they keep following you as long as they have fuel for that.. meaning do the mistake of Headon, or flying level and they score hits and you are dead.. Humans can be avoided by simply staying higher, but AI allways automaticly climbs after you /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif basicly im meaning russian AI, german AI-109s are rather stupid..

<center>http://koti.mbnet.fi/vipez/sig3.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 09:14 AM
Let's get serious.
AI's are no compare to a good human pilot.
With a single F4 I can beat ALL Ace Ai's in the game and I think most can do this.

On the other hand, do not ever head on with them. They're just gonna hit you whatever you do. If you avoid head ons then it's pretty easy to win them all.

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 09:27 AM
Playing the AI is like playing a low level chess program. Very predictable, so if you know what you're doing AI should pose no problems.

The accurate gunnery of the AI is a good point, though. I do sometimes get lulled into a false sense of security with AI. The other day after a long mission a 110 was approaching from head on. I was below him, to one side, breaking sharply into him, diving and decelerating. He still got me in a pilot kill in one shot from 500 metres.

It feels very - well, computer like. It would help realism if it didn't feel like AI guns solutions were produced with an Excel spreadsheet.

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 09:33 AM
The AI is a better shot, never overheats, doesnt over-G, and doesnt have aircraft limitations that can be exploited like when you fly against a human.

BUT... It is very very predictable, which nullifies all of the above.

The human will do things that an AI wont do, but you CAN exploit his aircraft weaknesses.

I, personally, would rather fly against a human opponent than an AI because it is more challenging. Once you figure out the little oddities of the AI pilot, you have him licked. This is especially true if you fly against the German AI because they tend to turn fight and that's no good in a 109 or 190.

But the same could be said about a human pilot if you go up against the same guy a lot. Humans are creatures of habit, and those habits can be exploited in your favor if you are patient enough to learn them.

For example, the other day on GG, I watched a P39 pilot turn fighting below me. I saw him make the same maneuver four times in a row against his target. I made up my mind to intercept him and when I came though the clouds he was exactly where I had anticipated him to be. A short burst later his wing came flying off and I was zooming back to safety to watch the next guy. I am sure someone can say the same about me if they study my flying for very long. Sure humans are unpredictable when you are on their six, BUT if you energy fight (B&Z) you are looking for convergence and deflection, not how to line up on a person's six. And I still contend that most humans fly in a habitual manner when not pressed into a defensive posture. Exploiting that is the German pilot's greatest strength. I will tell you this, I think =FB=Viks is one of the best at this. He calls it Situational Awareness, but whatever it is, he is great at it. I hate flying against him...

In short, flying against a human is much more challenging, more like a chess game, and much more rewarding when you get him in your sights.

http://webpages.charter.net/cuda70/Fehler.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 10:24 AM
HUMAN.

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 10:24 AM
Ace AI are better than most humans that fly FB. But never as good as the best human pilots. First, you will never get on the six of one of the best human pilots. If you do, consider your self a good pilot. If you can stay there long enough to harass him, consider yourself better than good. If you can stay on his six long enough for him to make a mistake and allow you to get a hit, well I think you can see where the scale I'm using is going. BTW, I think we all can tell if we are engaging a good or great pilot within the first.30 seconds of a df. Or at least one that is better that ourselves. I sure as H can. S!

T_O_A_D
11-04-2003, 11:58 AM
When it in a server with tags and its a furball every one is lucky.

In full real is where you find the best piloting skills.

Who can counter your moves and evade and kill you when you made the bounce is the ultimate pilot! For the moment.

<Left>
131st_VFW_CO_Toad (http://www.geocities.com/vfw_131st/index.htm)

<Left>
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif MY Track IR Fix read the whole thread (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_ts&id=zwqtg)

<Center>http://home.mchsi.com/~131st_vfw/Mad_toad.jpg </a>
<font size="1" color="black">After eating an entire bull, a mountain
lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a
hunter came along and shot him...
The moral: when you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut!</font>
<font size="0" color="#59626B">