PDA

View Full Version : system reboots??

Andyleu
11-29-2004, 08:42 AM
Anyone have an idea what might cause random reboots? Its not temp related as i have checked the temp utility for the motherboard and the CPU right after a reboot and both are within the parameters set. I've tried different drivers for the video card and still get the reboot.

AMD XP2200
Ti4200
768mg RAM

Thanks for any suggestings...its very frustrating

Andrew

Andyleu
11-29-2004, 08:42 AM
Anyone have an idea what might cause random reboots? Its not temp related as i have checked the temp utility for the motherboard and the CPU right after a reboot and both are within the parameters set. I've tried different drivers for the video card and still get the reboot.

AMD XP2200
Ti4200
768mg RAM

Thanks for any suggestings...its very frustrating

Andrew

AWL_Spinner
11-29-2004, 08:49 AM
I had this whilst using the _new.exe from patch 3.01. I've not used the _new.exe since, in that version or 3.02 as I don't want to have to put up with that from IL2, that asides it's been rock solid ever since the original.

As a result I've been sticking to the regular .exes and haven't had a problem.

Cheers, Spinner

XP2400+, XP Pro Service Pack 2, 1Gb PC2700, NForce2, Radeon 9600 Pro, Cat 4.11.

Andyleu
11-29-2004, 09:07 AM
I'll try it again tonight with the NOT new exe....but i think it did the reboots with the original as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

AWL_Spinner
11-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Hope that fixes it for you - if it's a regular thing since your last patch then report it to 1C (follow the testing report threads) as a bug.

As above I've never had an IL2 product force a reset on me before 3.01_new.

Cheers, Spinner

Mulleteer
11-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Instant reboots are often caused by faulty motherboard or power supply. By instant I mean immediate black screen and boot up sequence w/o jamming and/or windows blue screen.

Andyleu
11-29-2004, 10:01 AM
well thats what happens....instant black screen and reboot. but it only seems to happen in PF. I also fly a lot in FS2004 which is also VERY CPU power hungry and i don't get the reboots?????

Buckaroo12
11-29-2004, 10:03 AM
It's funny, I hear about all these problems with the new .EXE but it works great for me. I haven't had a single problem with it yet and I see a lot of improvments with it. I have no idea why this is, luck I guess!

JorBR
11-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Sometimes it happens to me also, straight to black screen than reboot. So far I´m considering my problem temp related, it´s summer here...

AWL_Spinner
11-29-2004, 10:22 AM
Absolutely not system stability related for me, brand new components in a chilly Coolermaster case, temperatures way down, system is set up without problems and everything works just as it should.

FB/AEP/PF works just fine, APART from that _new exe which caused two restarts.

Any other game, including FB/AEP/PF with the normal .exe no problem at all.

This is a shame as otherwise the new .exes seemed pretty good on my system. I'll wait for the next patch and maybe try again if there's a third "new" exe.

Cheers, Spinner.

Insuber
11-29-2004, 12:39 PM
I suffer the same issue, sudden black screen and reboot. I had the same with the 3.0 and with the 3.01, without new exe.

The same after updating the video drivers and checking the PF setup settings, as per Oleg hints; I think it's a bug.

Regards,
Insuber

VMF-214_Pappy
11-29-2004, 02:20 PM
I have had same problem ever since 3.01m. I have never had this before. Of course it could be the cause of something else but it started after the new patches. My system will lock up in game with suttering sound and I have to power down via power strip to reset my pc. I dont for sure the cause but I can supect somethign with patches and exes hence it has never happened before in PF series and this is only program on my pc that it happens.

steve_v
11-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Your computer reboots because that is the Windows default command when there is a system failure. It is an option you can change. To investigate, did you know. . .

The Help And Support Center offers an alternative view of the system logs. This view merges the content from all three logs, but it shows only the errors (not warnings or information events)€"which are typically the most significant events. To see this view of events, click Start, Help And Support Center. From the Help And Support Center home page, click Use Tools To View Your Computer Information And Diagnose Problems, Advanced System Information, View The Error Log.

Sonny3621
11-30-2004, 12:15 AM
Andy listen up - I was having no problems at all and no reboots with IL-2 ever since I first installed it UNTIL I installed my new PNY 6800 GT - then I was would get the occassional sporadic black screen and quick reboot but only with this game and never at any other time outside of the game. It drove me crazy for the longest time. I finally cured it by uninstalling and then reinstalling my sound card along with the latest drivers (I was using onboard AC'97 sound at the time). That cured the problem 100% and have gotten no reboots since. I have since upgraded my sound to an Audigy 2 Value card and everything is still rock solid. And another odd thing that was happening before all of this started (but not related) was I was getting kicked out of Hyperlobby, Teamspeak, and dogfight servers after just a few minutes in the game which was also driving me nuts. I would just get booted back to the desktop for no apparent reason. I scoured many different forums for a possible answer and read somewhere that one guy solved a similar problem by updating his router's firmware. I had never thought of that. I did it and it solved that problem 100%. Good luck.