PDA

View Full Version : Fighting at night.

darkhorizon11
10-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Just thought I'd start a thread about night fighting since hopefully we'll see this in BoB.

Flying normally at night is a whole different animal with the wide variety of illusions and what not. Nevermind combat. Its seems almost impossible without some kind of radar onboard which did make its debut in WWII. On top of that I know air to air kills were given more respect at night and there weren't nearly as many night aces. Should be a treat if this is implimented!

darkhorizon11
10-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Just thought I'd start a thread about night fighting since hopefully we'll see this in BoB.

Flying normally at night is a whole different animal with the wide variety of illusions and what not. Nevermind combat. Its seems almost impossible without some kind of radar onboard which did make its debut in WWII. On top of that I know air to air kills were given more respect at night and there weren't nearly as many night aces. Should be a treat if this is implimented!

han freak solo
10-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Nightfighters would be a cool concept if realized.

I don't know if I'd have the patience myself though. I can't even make it through more than a practice mission in Silent Hunter the sub simulator.

Until then, I'll do the usual "visual" night fighting we already have.