PDA

View Full Version : Been a long time, has sturmovik changed since august? is wov2 any good?

Destraex
10-15-2005, 07:13 PM
looks like 401m was it, no plans to balance the fleets/planes or anything like that by the official or mod crews?

Is wov2 worth a go, sturmovik is the best but looks stagnated right now

Slammin_
10-15-2005, 08:02 PM
You look stagnated too, but maybe it's because you've been gone for awhile.
<Salute>

VW-IceFire
10-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Destraex:
looks like 401m was it, no plans to balance the fleets/planes or anything like that by the official or mod crews?

Nope.

There is a 4.02 due "any week now" which includes two "new" planes (a new Yak-7 version and a new ultra high boost P-47D bubbletop) and a new Western Germany dogfight map. There is also an addon patch slated later on that will add several new planes.

No promises were made on what will be included but some possibilities for flyable Tempest, Mosqutio, and J2M3 amongst others. Also possibilities for future new maps as well. Burma, Norweigan Fjords, and perhaps one or two new PTO maps (but I don't want to say what they are as I don't remember what was said).

Destraex
10-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Slammin - thanks, I must make sure I get that looked at.

Thanks icefire, short and sweet. Looking forward to firing il2-PF up again.

No ships planned - i.e. the American and Japanese battleships. Shame
Oh and has anything been said about updating the sound or releasing code to the communities?

John_Stag
10-16-2005, 04:33 AM

Opinions are divided on this; those that go by hearsay hate it; those that actually give it a fair go, ie, a bit more than install it, "play it" once and return it to the supplier, love it for a degree of immersion that hasn't been seen in a sim in a long long time.

I'd recommend you try it, but REALLY try it; you won't be disappointed.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
10-16-2005, 06:38 AM
They said they won't be building anymore ships due to, they would rather bomb old ships with new planes, instead of new ships with old planes, this is a combat flight sim right.

VW-IceFire
10-16-2005, 07:45 AM
Yeah on the new ships thing...they definately take quite a bit of work and I think the feeling was that they would rather spend the precious few hours they are willing to dedicate to this sim to some more substantial things.

I can understand. What I think this ultimately boils down to is that they are still doing a bang up job supporting this community despite the fact that they aren't making any money off of us anymore (aside from new users buying into it). So this stuff is for free...so its very classy of them to do what they are doing.

Mind you they are tiding us over till new products come and we will be buying the new stuff too no doubt http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VVaFFenPanZZeR
10-16-2005, 08:20 AM
Yes I love this game, nothing can change the way I feel about it, I've wish I had a game like this when I was a kid, My Father would have loved this game, he died from colon cancer a couple yrs back, and was playing Janes alot.

Gogling
10-17-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Destraex:

Nope.

There is a 4.02 due "any week now" which includes two "new" planes (a new Yak-7 version and a new ultra high boost P-47D bubbletop) and a new Western Germany dogfight map. There is also an addon patch slated later on that will add several new planes.

No promises were made on what will be included but some possibilities for flyable Tempest, Mosqutio, and J2M3 amongst others. Also possibilities for future new maps as well. Burma, Norweigan Fjords, and perhaps one or two new PTO maps (but I don't want to say what they are as I don't remember what was said). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahaha...You crack me up! Remember, Oleg said the magic word 'planning', that gives him licence to release it anytime between now and 2035!
Be Sure! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif fanboys

msalama
10-17-2005, 06:24 AM
Gives him a licence NOT to release it at all too. So what's your f**king point there, boyo?

Bearcat99
10-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Gogling:
Hahaha...You crack me up! Remember, Oleg said the magic word 'planning', that gives him licence to release it anytime between now and 2035!
Be Sure! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif fanboys

I thought you were banned............... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif