PDA

View Full Version : UK Pricing for Bound In Blood

billybrush2007
06-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Sooo..liked the first COJ game, want to get the second.

The pricing though seems a little off...I don't doubt Techland work very hard to make the game and I definately think they did a great job with the 1st, second looks much improved too.

My issue really is we do get big releases like Halo's/Call Of Duty's/Assasins Creed for 39 and these have had millions poured in.

Then there are a lot you can get for 29 on release such as Fear2...still great games...and where i think this game should be.

At the mo...preordering from Ubi shop - 49...no way, i guess they can't undercut retailers but still 10 more is loony...HMV preorder has some single player weapons (?) 39, still not a great deal....and it's baswically 38 elsewhere.

Now, if it was 29.99 i'd give it a shot on day one and want to support this lot as i loved their 1st game...but i feel the asking prices are too high..

..So what happens...either I wait and then figure i may as well wait till it's 19 like Prince of persia became quickly...or it does an Endwar and goes to 9....or it maintains it's price and not a lot of people get it and it starts the rounds of trade ins.

To me, in the middle of an economic downturn...I think Ubi marketing really need to use sense on this, make it available to retail channels to sell at 29 and really get the numbers going...it looks like a really good game, but the maths just aren't right on pricing.

billybrush2007
06-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Sooo..liked the first COJ game, want to get the second.

The pricing though seems a little off...I don't doubt Techland work very hard to make the game and I definately think they did a great job with the 1st, second looks much improved too.

My issue really is we do get big releases like Halo's/Call Of Duty's/Assasins Creed for 39 and these have had millions poured in.

Then there are a lot you can get for 29 on release such as Fear2...still great games...and where i think this game should be.

At the mo...preordering from Ubi shop - 49...no way, i guess they can't undercut retailers but still 10 more is loony...HMV preorder has some single player weapons (?) 39, still not a great deal....and it's baswically 38 elsewhere.

Now, if it was 29.99 i'd give it a shot on day one and want to support this lot as i loved their 1st game...but i feel the asking prices are too high..

..So what happens...either I wait and then figure i may as well wait till it's 19 like Prince of persia became quickly...or it does an Endwar and goes to 9....or it maintains it's price and not a lot of people get it and it starts the rounds of trade ins.

To me, in the middle of an economic downturn...I think Ubi marketing really need to use sense on this, make it available to retail channels to sell at 29 and really get the numbers going...it looks like a really good game, but the maths just aren't right on pricing.

billybrush2007
06-21-2009, 02:31 PM
...Oh and when i say millions re games like Assasins Creed i mean tens of millions (i'd guess about 40mil to make that). I'm sure COJ cost more than a mil to make...but you know, not as much as Assasins Creed 2 i bet.