PDA

View Full Version : PF for PF

ronison
11-21-2005, 08:38 PM
You can take this as a wine post or you can take it as a wish post. Personly I am posting it as a wish post Im really not wineing.

I wish we could get more of the central Pacific maped and supported. Right now we have a fairly decent 1942 to early 43 maped but are missing almost everything up till late 44.

It appears that the recent support for PF in the PF area has encompassed more or less the British area of influance, Singapor comes to mind. But the majority of the Pacific action was in the Southern and Cnetral Pacific. There is much of the RL part of the game missing, and in many respect some of the most important points in the Pacific war.

My wish is that someone would take up the maping tools and work on that missing section so that thoes of us that enjoy the Pacific fighters and bombers can actully fight through the full war in a campain instead of having F4F's for 90% of our flying. The gap just does not get me personly past Guadalcanal and I wish it did.

So for thoes of you that are going to say Im wineing I say http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif but for thoes of you that also have this on your wish list I would like to hear what you have to say.

Scrapper_511
11-21-2005, 09:08 PM
wHine, whining

VW-IceFire
11-21-2005, 10:17 PM
This has been echoed before.

There is some hope as Luthier has mentioned some additional maps from his corner. One map that came to mind was a mention of the Philipeans...quite a battle with many types involved. Trouble with the Pacific is the distances...

I think at this point even some generic dogfight maps to represent 1943 island hoping with the USMC in the Solomons would be fine.

ronison
11-22-2005, 12:32 AM
I agree on the generic maps IceFire but as to the distance I do not.

Yes the Pacific was a vast area but so was Europe and much of Russia. The way they fixed that was to break the maps into smaller areas, which they could do also with the Pacific maps. One thing I do find very anoying on some of the maps is the fact they tend to put the land mass up in one corrner of the map. It is impossible to put the US task force where it really was in the Midway campaign for example.

But we have what we have and for that Im greatful, just wish there was more.