PDA

View Full Version : Help! Back in England? Now what?

jaxon2103
09-17-2010, 10:14 AM
on assassins creed II, when u get out of england i was running w/ a girl named lucy with a white shirt and this man with glasses and lab coat got away in a truck. im back in england, what do i do?

JohnConnor2012
09-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Confused: the Desmond (2012) scenes are set in Italy. Do you mean at the start or end of the game?

jaxon2103
09-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Ok, yes I mean Italy. Close to the end, codex, etc. My seven year old thinks its set in England because of the accent, lol. Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks!

RipYourSpineOut
09-17-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm guessing this mysterious lab coat man is supposed to be Vidic, and the person with the accent is probably Shaun.

Ummm, what exactly do you mean you're "Back in <STRIKE>England</STRIKE> Italy"? If this is what I think it is, you're at the end.

***SPOILER ALERT***

If Vidic got away in a trunk, what happens next should be a "cutscene". You hear Desmond and company get into another truck. Lucy talks about revenge, The Ones Who Came Before, sun being our enemy, etc etc. You're then free to roam around as Ezio in Italy and do whatever you wish!

***END SPOILER ALERT***

I'm still very confused...

gsosolid
09-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Bit of topic, but how do you know they're in Italy? Did I miss something? :O

JohnConnor2012
09-21-2010, 02:03 PM
There was a lot of discussion about AC3, especially the follow-on Dessie stuff - where the cabin in the hills was, which hills and so on.

Someone pointed out the Italian on ads visible through the windows of the lab in AC1 and it was accepted that the Aspergos lab must therefore be in Italy.

No doubt others will add to this. Don't know about England, but would be bored witless if it turned out to be Stateside instead like every other evil lab (except those in cyberpunked Japan).

phil.llllll
09-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Actually there's nothing inparticular in AC1 that points to them being in Italy; that came with the sequel. In fact in AC1 it was always generally assummed that they were in the US somewhere.

But yes in AC2, without a shadow of a doubt I'd say, it points to them being located in Italy. How Desmond got there (did they kidnap him in Italy or Kidnap him then take him there to their headquarters?) is uncertain however.

JohnConnor2012
09-22-2010, 04:01 AM
Depends whether than bar he was working in was in Italy or the States. I mean, if he really, really hated the compound he was bought up in, he might have wanted to move overseas away from it - bar work, like kitchen portering and driving taxis, is pretty international.

RandomRansom
09-22-2010, 06:10 AM
As for the stateside Abstergo, I hope not either. However, they did talk about fluoride in the water and Denver, Colorado... so who knows? I'm going to say I think Abstergo is in... Canada. Montreal, Canada to be exact. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

That puts them close enough for the Denver, Colorado test, but far enough away so they aren't in the states. And smack dab in the city where the games are made. LOL

I hope the original issue got resolved because I'm confused about what the problem is. I find it funny that the one guy who speaks with an English accent in the game had this person's kid thinking it was in England. I wonder what he sounds like when he's speaking Portuguese or Italian. I only played through with the language set on English.

HannahCrazy
09-29-2010, 12:40 PM
As far as I've understood..

**SPOILER ALERT**

The first game was set in Canada, like RandomRansom said. I don't believe Desmond would travel all the way to Italy to get away from assassins, templars etc., and the second one should be in canada as well, seeing as, if Abstergo headquarters is in Canada, I doubt Lucy drove Desmond all the way to Italy in the back of a car. It would've been too risky to drive that far, would it not?
Also, as far as I've understood, in Brotherhood they're supposed to be going to a cabin up north. Desmond could go back in the animus in the truck, which means the cabin up north probably wasn't a five minute ride. I've seen a picture from Brotherhood, where their new hideout is underneath Monteriggioni, in the Assassin Tomb.

**END OF SPOILERS*

I hope this might've cleared some things up to you.

Abeonis
09-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by HannahCrazy:
As far as I've understood..

**SPOILER ALERT**

The first game was set in Canada, like RandomRansom said. I don't believe Desmond would travel all the way to Italy to get away from assassins, templars etc., and the second one should be in canada as well, seeing as, if Abstergo headquarters is in Canada, I doubt Lucy drove Desmond all the way to Italy in the back of a car. It would've been too risky to drive that far, would it not?
Also, as far as I've understood, in Brotherhood they're supposed to be going to a cabin up north. Desmond could go back in the animus in the truck, which means the cabin up north probably wasn't a five minute ride. I've seen a picture from Brotherhood, where their new hideout is underneath Monteriggioni, in the Assassin Tomb.

**END OF SPOILERS*

I hope this might've cleared some things up to you.

Where the hell did you get the idea that the Abstergo building is in Canada? The second game clearly indicates that both the Hideout, and the Abstergo facility are located in Italy; mainly through use of the Italian language on their signs...

@RandomRamson: Just because some emails mention difficulties Abstergo are having in the States is no indication of the location of the Abstergo facility. We only get to read the e-mails on Vidic's and Lucy's computers, who knows how many other emails where circulating with information regarding Abstergo operations in Europe, or Asia, or wherever...

All the e-mails do is indicate that Abstergo's employees in America are, how should we say, stupid?

Keksus
09-30-2010, 12:36 PM
There's one thing which would mean that they are not in Italy ... at least Desmond didn't live in Italy so the templars brought him there after they catched him: Desmond doesn't speak italian. "You will hear some italian sometimes" - "No problem.. The subtitles are a great help!"

If Desmond really LIVED in Italy he should be able to understand and speak italien.

But well, seems more like the developers just decided during the development of AC2 that he is in Italy (and forgot about some things in AC1 (for example the sockets, which were clearly sockets which are used in Asia / US and not in europe)). And I don't like it. They are centering the game too much around italy. I will hope they go somewhere else in AC3.