PDA

View Full Version : AI Gunnery Mode?

e2michaelb
02-26-2005, 06:47 PM
I notice that when a bandit is waxing my a**, it seems the misses are passing by my "canopy" like solid straight laser beams. Does this mean AI's have deselected " Realistic Gunnery" mode? If so, am I justified in deselecting it myself? (As you might suspect, I mainly fly off-line). Immersion is important, but so is staying aloft long enough to shoot someone.

e2michaelb
02-26-2005, 06:47 PM
I notice that when a bandit is waxing my a**, it seems the misses are passing by my "canopy" like solid straight laser beams. Does this mean AI's have deselected " Realistic Gunnery" mode? If so, am I justified in deselecting it myself? (As you might suspect, I mainly fly off-line). Immersion is important, but so is staying aloft long enough to shoot someone.

horseback
02-26-2005, 07:01 PM
AI's gunnery mode is just as realistic as yours. The 'squiggly' effect you saw in all those gun camera films is due to vibration from the guns firing and slower film than we use nowadays, that's all. The guys seeing that stuff flying over their wings and canopy saw something similar to what you're seeing in the game.

The unrealistic gunnery mode is, however definitely always used by the AI rear and side gunners in the bombers and recon planes. Those miserable so-and-sos will hit you from 7-800m out with annoying and totally unrealistic consistancy, whether the plane is manned by 'rookies' or 'aces.'

cheers

horseback