PDA

View Full Version : Desmond looks different compared to AC1 and AC2 to revelations

fal231
07-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Why does Desmond look different in Ac2 and above? I've noticed this drastically once i played AC2 and the other games after that. In ac1 Desmond looked more real but in Ac2-above he looks cartoonish. If you look at a side by side shot of Desmond from AC1 and another from either AC2 or ACB he looks really different. It's as if they redesigned his face. Personally i liked his face from AC1. The graphics seem to went from REALISTIC in AC1 to cartoony in AC2/ACB/ACR.

fal231
07-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Look at these pictures; you will understand what i am saying.
AC1 DESMOND
[edit]images removed due to size, please use 800x600 maximum.

AC2 DESMOND PICTURES:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie....Zw-desmond-ac2-2.png (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091204012424/assassinscreed/images/1/15/Zw-desmond-ac2-2.png)
http://images3.wikia.nocookie....Zw-desmond-ac2-1.png (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091204012424/assassinscreed/images/c/c1/Zw-desmond-ac2-1.png)

iN3krO
07-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Why coudln't they keep the textures of the face and only changing the animations and the shape to get rid of the "bugs"?

How was desmond inside abestergo in Ac1 and when he gets out (without seeing the sun) he got a brunette skin?

They improved Desmond but like the OP said, now it looks much more cartonish and that's due to the textures :S

Archosakun
07-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Why couldn't you just link the pictures in the first post rather than post those huge pictures?

Big-Boss_777
07-01-2011, 11:10 PM
You could thank/blame the new engine they used for ac2/acb. Everything pretty much had to change in order to make the games run smoothly. Also as you can tell desmond nor altair showed emotion in ac1, So they changed many aspects to their facial expressions in doing so.

I personally liked the face they had began with...

ShaneO7K
07-02-2011, 05:52 AM
The peoples eyes in AC1 looked really wierd and would eventually start to look like they rolling around in their sockets. Desmond and Lucy were the two faces in AC1 where this happened most, and a prime example of it is in Desmonds picture right at the top there.

reini03
07-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Big-Boss_777:
You could thank/blame the new engine they used for ac2/acb. Everything pretty much had to change in order to make the games run smoothly. Also as you can tell desmond nor altair showed emotion in ac1, So they changed many aspects to their facial expressions in doing so.

I personally liked the face they had began with...

All three games use the Anvil Engine. Only it's name was changed from Scimitar to Anvil between AC I and AC II.

iN3krO
07-02-2011, 07:58 AM
I had never problem with the Ac1 engine Big-Boss and my PC is not that good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

dead_gunner187 beside to the animations and some "minor" bugs, do you think the ac2's desmond's face is better then ac1's one? Like, in ac1 desmond skin looked like a real skin, in ac2 it just looks like a comic skins :X

ShaneO7K
07-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
I had never problem with the Ac1 engine Big-Boss and my PC is not that good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

dead_gunner187 beside to the animations and some "minor" bugs, do you think the ac2's desmond's face is better then ac1's one? Like, in ac1 desmond skin looked like a real skin, in ac2 it just looks like a comic skins :X

I wouldn't really say I have a problem with how Desmond looks now, though I always thought that the people looked more realistic in AC1 it was just sometimes their faces didn't really move in some scenes where they needed to show some emotion. Whereas the other AC games kind of make up for that.

But I can say that I definetly think that AC2 and ACB would've benefitted from AC1's facial animations and so on.

Animuses
07-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by fal231:
Why does Desmond look different in Ac2 and above? I've noticed this drastically once i played AC2 and the other games after that. In ac1 Desmond looked more real but in Ac2-above he looks cartoonish. If you look at a side by side shot of Desmond from AC1 and another from either AC2 or ACB he looks really different. It's as if they redesigned his face. Personally i liked his face from AC1. The graphics seem to went from REALISTIC in AC1 to cartoony in AC2/ACB/ACR.

I guess Desmond squinting for no apparent reason is more realistic.

AC's graphics are not better (or more realistic) than AC2's... It's the same.

nponline
07-03-2011, 04:48 PM
a little off topic, but has anyone else noticed that altair, ezio, and desmond all have a huge scar on their lip? is this a mistake by ubisoft or is it an inheritance and resemblance thing or what?

rileypoole1234
07-03-2011, 04:59 PM
I think he looks the same. Well I suppose I like his look in ACB better though. It's not drastically different. What I care about is why he changed his clothes.

roostersrule2
07-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I think he looks the same. Well I suppose I like his look in ACB better though. It's not drastically different. What I care about is why he changed his clothes. yea he looks the best in ACB

sassinscreed
07-04-2011, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by fal231:

its because they are 3 games and graphics are somehow changed so he doesn't look exactly same

EmmaBemma
07-04-2011, 03:25 AM
Much prefer the faces and facial animations in ACII compared with AC. Desmond and Lucy in particular were just... well, ugly in AC, and their faces very emotionless. For some reason faces outside of the animus were worse than those within the memories: http://images1.wikia.nocookie....smond_%26_Lucy_1.png (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100916195410/assassinscreed/images/b/b5/Desmond_%26_Lucy_1.png)

I can see what you mean about a more cartoony feel. Personally, I prefer 'cartoonish' animation over realistic but very lifeless animation.

Ever heard of the 'Uncanny valley' theory? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley
* If an animated character looks more human than its movement, this gives a negative impression.
* A highly humanlike appearance leads to an expectation that certain behaviors will be present, such as humanlike motion dynamics. When the expectations are not met, the brain areas in parietal cortex generate a "prediction error".

iN3krO
07-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by EmmaBemma:
Much prefer the faces and facial animations in ACII compared with AC. Desmond and Lucy in particular were just... well, ugly in AC, and their faces very emotionless. For some reason faces outside of the animus were worse than those within the memories: http://images1.wikia.nocookie....smond_%26_Lucy_1.png (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100916195410/assassinscreed/images/b/b5/Desmond_%26_Lucy_1.png)

I can see what you mean about a more cartoony feel. Personally, I prefer 'cartoonish' animation over realistic but very lifeless animation.

Ever heard of the 'Uncanny valley' theory? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley
* If an animated character looks more human than its movement, this gives a negative impression.
* A highly humanlike appearance leads to an expectation that certain behaviors will be present, such as humanlike motion dynamics. When the expectations are not met, the brain areas in parietal cortex generate a "prediction error".

Couldn't they use the humanlike appearence of Ac1 with the behaviors of Ac2/B?

RzaRecta357
07-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Whoever said AC1 had lifeless facial animations hasn't played it in a long time.

In fact, the kill cams on AC1 are the best of the three games.

In AC1, you see close ups of Altair gritting his teeth and all sorts of facial animations when killing.

In AC2 the best you get out of Ezio is his eyes rolling back into his head when he kneels down to grab a chest because they didn't program his eyes to look down. It's terrible.

ACB was the same I think.

In the end they have the same face all three of them it's just the graphics change between games and Ezio being different ages that make people think they have different faces.

iN3krO
07-04-2011, 04:50 PM
RzaRecta, animations in ac1 while not in animust were not that good, desmond looked like drung LOL...

But i must agree i would prefer ac1 desmond model rather then the ac2/B one :X

Graphics may have been improved, but ac2/b graphics are more cartoonish (and this is not related to the era).

Conniving_Eagle
07-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by nponline:
a little off topic, but has anyone else noticed that altair, ezio, and desmond all have a huge scar on their lip? is this a mistake by ubisoft or is it an inheritance and resemblance thing or what?

I noticed that too and it kind of bugs me, I think they use the same characyer model for all of them which really ****es me off. If you look at any of them prior to brotherhood during the animus loading session they all have desmonds face, and it's very agitating. I don't know why they don't show Ezio's hair when he has his hood on. Having a hood on doesn't mean people can't see your bangs, and technically, we have no idea what Altair looks like.

flyingeaglemile
07-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by nponline:

This was on purpose because in the beginning of AC2 we see how Ezio got the scar (Veri throws a rock at his face in the first scene)

iN3krO
07-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by flyingeaglemile:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nponline:

This was on purpose because in the beginning of AC2 we see how Ezio got the scar (Veri throws a rock at his face in the first scene) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did altair got the scar? and Desmond? Hope we see it in seal's memories and in black room http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

dchil279
07-05-2011, 08:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyingeaglemile:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nponline:

This was on purpose because in the beginning of AC2 we see how Ezio got the scar (Veri throws a rock at his face in the first scene) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did altair got the scar? and Desmond? Hope we see it in seal's memories and in black room http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have a feeling we will. I can't wait!

iN3krO
07-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by dchil279:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyingeaglemile:

How did altair got the scar? and Desmond? Hope we see it in seal's memories and in black room http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have a feeling we will. I can't wait! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone with the same feeling thumbs up \o/
This is not youtube xD

Jakob4242
07-06-2011, 11:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchil279:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

This is not youtube xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Won't the seal memories take place after the events of AC? If that's the case, Altair's scar want be addressed. Altair will most likely be kept with an air of mystery.

Desmond's scar however should be explained.

iN3krO
07-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Jakob4242:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchil279:

This is not youtube xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Won't the seal memories take place after the events of AC? If that's the case, Altair's scar want be addressed. Altair will most likely be kept with an air of mystery.

Desmond's scar however should be explained. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It can also be before :O

Animuses
07-06-2011, 12:55 PM
I'd rather not see Altair's past. It should be kept a mystery.

iN3krO
07-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
I'd rather not see Altair's past. It should be kept a mystery.

Ppl says that they prefer Ezio cuz we can understand his motivations better...

If we see Altair past we will understand his motivations better and, even without knowing his real motivations i prefer him over ezio, if i know his motivations i will like him even more :P

Animuses
07-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Altair's past is a plain assassin's past. He trained to be an assassin, he never knew his parents, and he eventually ranked up to a master assassin... Now we are up to the times of AC.