PDA

View Full Version : Console Commands

JoaoMuas
12-13-2004, 12:45 PM
Hello.

Is there a way to get a complete list of all console commands available?

I bought all CD releases, so I have all readme files and manuals from IL-2 first version till Pacific Fighters, and I believe not all console commands were ever listed.

Can anyone help?
Thanks all.

JoaoMuas
12-13-2004, 12:45 PM
Hello.

Is there a way to get a complete list of all console commands available?

I bought all CD releases, so I have all readme files and manuals from IL-2 first version till Pacific Fighters, and I believe not all console commands were ever listed.

Can anyone help?
Thanks all.

BaldieJr
12-13-2004, 01:07 PM
I forget exactly how to do this, but with some research you should be able to recreate it.

Turn on console logging to a text file. Open QMB or some mission and in the console, type "help *"

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

crazyivan1970
12-13-2004, 01:19 PM
You can find some info in this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=692106434

JoaoMuas
12-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Ok, thanks, the "help *" command does work.

Now please explain this:

I´m hosting a session, I call the console and type

mission LOAD net/dogfight/ 1/01.mis BEGIN

on the console I see the new map is loading, clients get to load the new mission, but me (the host), I get stuck with a static landscape and no mission loading screen... I hit Refly and notice I´m hanging on the previous map while everybody is flying the new mission.

Is it supposed to be like this?
Is this mission LOAD command only meant to be used on dedicated servers?
How can I run a scripted mission without a dedicated server?

JoaoMuas
12-15-2004, 07:36 PM
*BUMP*

BaldieJr
12-15-2004, 08:35 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
[Dec 15, 2004 10:31:53 PM] ------------ BEGIN log session -------------
8&gt;help *
&lt;?&gt;
? [&lt;pattern of commands&gt;] [NAMES] [SIZE &lt;size of colons&gt;] [WIDTH &lt;width&gt;]
&lt;alias&gt;
alias [&lt;name&gt; &lt;string&gt;] | [&lt;name&gt; REMOVE]
&lt;ban&gt;
[ADD] [REM] [NAME [&lt;name&gt;]] [PATTERN [&lt;pattern&gt;]] [IP [&lt;ip mask&gt;]]
[CLEAR] [LOAD [&lt;file name&gt;]] [SAVE [&lt;file name&gt;]]
&lt;channel&gt;
&lt;empty&gt; (list channels)
&lt;number&gt; [DESTROY] [SPEED &lt;b/s&gt;] [TIMEOUT &lt;sec&gt;] [STAT &lt;sec&gt;]
&lt;chat&gt;
&lt;message&gt; [ALL] [MY_ARMY] [TO# &lt;N&gt;] [TO &lt;name&gt;|&lt;*&gt;] [ARMY &lt;N&gt;|&lt;name&gt;]
&lt;console&gt;
console [CLEAR] [HISTORY [&lt;size&gt;]] [HISTORYCMD [&lt;size&gt;]]
[LOG [on|off]] [LOGFILE [&lt;file name&gt;]] [LOAD &lt;file name&gt;] [SAVE &lt;file name&gt;]
&lt;console0&gt;
console0 [WRAP [on|off]] [PAGE [&lt;size&gt;]] [PAUSE [on|off]] [CLEAR]
[HISTORY [&lt;size&gt;]] [HISTORYCMD [&lt;size&gt;]] [LOG [on|off]] [LOGTIME [on|off]]
[LOGFILE [&lt;file name&gt;]] [LOAD &lt;file name&gt;] [SAVE &lt;file name&gt;]
&lt;del&gt;
del &lt;name of atom&gt;
&lt;f&gt;
f &lt;file name of list commans&gt; [BREAK] - in new environment
&lt;file&gt;
file &lt;file name of list commans&gt; [BREAK] - in current environment
&lt;fps&gt;
fps [START|STOP] [SHOW|HIDE] [LOG &lt;sec&gt;]
&lt;help&gt;
help [&lt;pattern of commands&gt;] [NAMES] [SIZE &lt;size of colons&gt;] [WIDTH &lt;width&gt;]
&lt;history&gt;
history
&lt;host&gt;
&lt;empty&gt; (list hosts)
PATH (list pathes)
&lt;name&gt; (rename local host)
&lt;hotkey&gt;
hotkey [&lt;hot key&gt; CMD &lt;command&gt;] [ENV [&lt;environment&gt;]] [CMDRUN [&lt;cmdrun&gt;] [REALTIME]]
&lt;hotkeycmd&gt;
hotkeycmd [ENV [&lt;environment&gt;]] [EXEC &lt;name&gt; [TIME &lt;sec&gt;]] [START &lt;name&gt;] [STOP &lt;name&gt;]
&lt;kick&gt;
&lt;name&gt;
&lt;kick#&gt;
&lt;N&gt;
&lt;mission&gt;
mission [LOAD &lt;name&gt;] [BEGIN] [END] [DESTROY]
&lt;mp_dotrange&gt;
mp_dotrange [FRIENDLY|FOE] [DEFAULT] [COLOR &lt;km&gt;] [DOT &lt;km&gt;] [RANGE &lt;km&gt;] [TYPE &lt;km&gt;] [ID &lt;km&gt;] [NAME &lt;km&gt;]
&lt;music&gt;
music [PLAY] [STOP] [BREAK] [VOL] [PATH &lt;randpathname&gt;] [FILE &lt;filename&gt;]
&lt;param&gt;
param &lt;name of command&gt; [&lt;name param&gt; [&lt;value&gt;]]
&lt;radio&gt;
radio [&lt;name&gt;] [NONE] [COMMON] [ARMY] [LIST]
&lt;set&gt;
set &lt;name of atom&gt; &lt;string&gt;
&lt;show&gt;
show [&lt;pattern of name atoms&gt;] [AREA &lt;name of area&gt;]
&lt;socket&gt;
&lt;empty&gt; (list protocols)
LISTENER [&lt;0|1&gt;] (enable/disable connect from remote hosts)
JOIN [BREAK] (show status join/ break join)
&lt;protocol&gt; (list sockets)
&lt;protocol&gt; CREATE [[LOCAL]HOST &lt;nm&gt;] [[LOCAL]PORT &lt;n&gt;] [CHANNELS &lt;n&gt;] [SPEED &lt;n&gt;]
&lt;protocol&gt; CHANNELS &lt;n&gt; [SPEED &lt;n&gt;] [[LOCAL]HOST &lt;nm&gt;] [[LOCAL]PORT &lt;n&gt;]
&lt;protocol&gt; SPEED &lt;n&gt; [CHANNELS &lt;n&gt;] [[LOCAL]HOST &lt;nm&gt;] [[LOCAL]PORT &lt;n&gt;]
&lt;protocol&gt; DESTROY [LOCALHOST &lt;nm&gt;] LOCALPORT &lt;n&gt; [HOST &lt;nm&gt;] [PORT &lt;n&gt;]
&lt;protocol&gt; JOIN [LOCALHOST &lt;nm&gt;] [LOCALPORT &lt;n&gt;] HOST &lt;nm&gt; [PORT &lt;n&gt;] [SPEED &lt;n&gt;]
&lt;socks&gt;
socks [ON|OFF] [HOST &lt;socks host addr&gt;] [PORT &lt;socks host port&gt;] [USER &lt;user name&gt;] [PWD &lt;password&gt;]
&lt;speedbar&gt;
speedbar [SHOW|HIDE]
&lt;timeout&gt;
timeout &lt;timeout in ms&gt; &lt;command name&gt; [&lt;params&gt;]
&lt;tod&gt;
tod [&lt;hour.min&gt;]
&lt;user&gt;
[&lt;name&gt;|&lt;*&gt;] [# &lt;N&gt;] [ARMY &lt;N&gt;|&lt;name&gt;] [STAT]
&lt;window&gt;
window [&lt;width&gt; [&lt;height&gt; [&lt;bpp&gt; [&lt;stencilbits&gt;]]]] [FULL] [PROVIDER &lt;name.dll&gt;]
[Dec 15, 2004 10:33:52 PM] -------------- END log session -------------
</pre>

Troll2k
12-16-2004, 10:38 PM
If you want to run scripted servers without running a dedicated server get FBD2 from Greater Green.

crazyivan1970
12-16-2004, 11:55 PM
First type: mission END DESTROY

That will completely unload previous one from memory.. then type mission LOAD...etc.

JoaoMuas
12-17-2004, 07:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If you want to run scripted servers without running a dedicated server get FBD2 from Greater Green. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That´s exactly what I´m trying to do. The thing is mission map loading doesn´t work correctly, but that´s not because of FBD2; mission load doesn´t work for the host even when typing commands on the console manualy. So FBD2 mission cycling won´t work either.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>First type: mission END DESTROY

That will completely unload previous one from memory.. then type mission LOAD...etc.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I already tried "mission END DESTROY" and it happens just the same: mission loads but the host gets stuck on the previous.

Just try it for yourself. Enter the game, start a mission on "multiplayer" (offline), then call the console and try to load another mission.

Then tell me what happens.
Thanks.

Zen--
12-17-2004, 10:16 PM
I think it sounds like you are trying to use console commands where they are not needed.

Try this:

When you are hosting a mission from the same PC you are flying from, instead of using a console mission END command, hit the esc key and select 'Quit'.

This should take you back to your choices of available missions and difficulty settings. From here you can load a new mission just like you did to start in the first place...currently connected players won't be disconnected.

If I understand the situation properly (and maybe I don't), thats what I think will work the best.

crazyivan1970
12-17-2004, 10:46 PM
This is dedicated server we talking about... or it`s a in game console?

JoaoMuas
12-18-2004, 03:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think it sounds like you are trying to use console commands where they are not needed.

Try this:

When you are hosting a mission from the same PC you are flying from, instead of using a console mission END command, hit the esc key and select 'Quit'.

This should take you back to your choices of available missions and difficulty settings. From here you can load a new mission just like you did to start in the first place...currently connected players won't be disconnected.

If I understand the situation properly (and maybe I don't), thats what I think will work the best.

-Zen-
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Of course that will work, but I want to be able to run a script (or FBDaemon), so missions will load automaticly depending on previous mission result, map cycle mechanism, or timeout feature.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>This is dedicated server we talking about... or it`s a in game console? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope. I´m talking about ingame console.
I´d like to use the FBD features when hosting a session from my own PC, not a dedicated one. But I´m afraid it can´t be done because ingame console doesn´t work exactly like the IL-2 server cmd console window.

Thanks.