PDA

View Full Version : Slightly OT

LimaZulu
05-26-2005, 05:11 PM
For those of you in California, you should be aware of this and may want to take action.

http://www.igda.org/censorship/CA_ab450_call-to-action.php

LZ

arcadeace
05-26-2005, 08:48 PM
I live in Washington state and recently our legislature voted down a House Bill which would've punished game companies from unrelated acts of gamers. It was very badly written, doing away with individual responsibility. Also, with several big game designers having their American based operations located in state there would've been a real danger of them pulling out, raising unemployment. I hope your representatives get the right message on this. These things have to be thought out much, much more carefully.

LimaZulu
05-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Yeah, a little witch hunt mentality going on in the goverment bureaucracy.

LZ

Platypus_1.JaVA
05-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Hah, here in Holland they wanted to forbid the game: Carmageddon. I somewhat could understand that. To the people who never play video games, the purpose of Carmageddon can bes scary. But, those where the same politicians that forbid the Father of the Argentinian Maxima Zorreguita to attend to his daughters wedding with our future king, Willem Alexander. Decades ago, he was a minister in a "wrong" government. I do not want to 'forget' what happened during those years but, what is wrong with a father, attending his daughters wedding?

Ow, and there was a powerfull movement too here to forbid the Pokemon animation series here.

Capt.England
05-29-2005, 03:29 AM
In Britain, the government are being told to ban long pointy kitchen knives as it should! cut down on injury's and deaths in the home. Taking this line of thought to it's logical conclusion, then a law should be passed to force everyone to have a microchip in their head that stops all thoughts of sex,law breaking, and free will.

It's starting to get very scary out in the real world. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

ClnlSandersLite
05-29-2005, 06:11 AM
Greece passed a law that banned video games altogether as they could not diferentiate games from gambling machines... It was repealed shortly thereafter, but still...

PBNA-Boosher
05-29-2005, 06:17 AM
I wait for the day when we all sim underground....

NietzscheMadMan
05-29-2005, 10:06 AM
A message to the man who deleted my post:

How appropriate that you censor my post in a censorship thread.

My post was vulgarity free, it was articulate, and it was the truth. If you deleted my posts, which was relevant and presented an agreable point of view, why not delete the whole thread?

I'm sick and tired of this happening. You, sir, have convinced me not to waste my time posting anymore. I'm done with this forum. I will no longer read it, nor will I contribute.

I will save you the trouble of responding. I'm never going to sign back on to this forum. There is nothing, no justification at all, you can give to rationalize your choice in deleting my contribution. You have only made your own political leaning evident.

DuxCorvan
05-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Platypus_1.JaVA:
I do not want to 'forget' what happened during those years but, what is wrong with a father, attending his daughters wedding?

Nothing. Having a mass-killer as the father-in-law of the future Dutch Head of State, is another matter. But if Dutch don't matter... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif