PDA

View Full Version : I see says the blind man!

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 02:54 AM
Wow had a really good time online. If I ever get my e-mail fixed I'll upload the track of it. Didn't get a lot of kills, but I had one against a Lagg-5 that I thought was my best kill ever.
I never felt so on before like ever time I fired at him I was tagging him. Little by little with a total of about 6 burst he went in the dirt. Obviously trying to get out of my guns, and with his damage just coul pull out. Went in to the side of a hill.
This was on Greatergreen not 10 minutes ago. I took down a couple of Sturmoviks too. Other than that I shot up a few folks pretty good. Kept getting nailed by the ship guns as they would dive down near them for cover.

Found some things I was doing really wrong. Even though I knew the right thing to do online I would do the wrong thing. One is I've really been focusing on my angles. I've found I can turn outside their turn, and stay on them. They can't hold the tighter turn forever, and eventually have to back off.
This way I can sort of turn fight with the 109. Also I had a bad habit of diving in and then making hard turns trying to get behind them. Now I've gotten much better at tracking enemies with the hat switch. So I dive down, and go vertical. I'll then rotate and pull over the top into position on them.

Really seems on the 109 you have to hang way back though, and be good on the guns. Trying to get right behind them always ends bad for me in the 109.

I got downed a bunch but managed to eject or ditch most of the time. Lots of fun and I didn't see any bat turning. Was a little vulching from Strumoviks. I made a cool kill on one when I took off heading straight for him. Use my elevator while still on the ground to bring my sights to bear on his nose.

Those MG 151 gun pods really help the 109 firepower.

Every take-off is optional, but every landing is mandatory!

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 02:54 AM
Wow had a really good time online. If I ever get my e-mail fixed I'll upload the track of it. Didn't get a lot of kills, but I had one against a Lagg-5 that I thought was my best kill ever.
I never felt so on before like ever time I fired at him I was tagging him. Little by little with a total of about 6 burst he went in the dirt. Obviously trying to get out of my guns, and with his damage just coul pull out. Went in to the side of a hill.
This was on Greatergreen not 10 minutes ago. I took down a couple of Sturmoviks too. Other than that I shot up a few folks pretty good. Kept getting nailed by the ship guns as they would dive down near them for cover.

Found some things I was doing really wrong. Even though I knew the right thing to do online I would do the wrong thing. One is I've really been focusing on my angles. I've found I can turn outside their turn, and stay on them. They can't hold the tighter turn forever, and eventually have to back off.
This way I can sort of turn fight with the 109. Also I had a bad habit of diving in and then making hard turns trying to get behind them. Now I've gotten much better at tracking enemies with the hat switch. So I dive down, and go vertical. I'll then rotate and pull over the top into position on them.

Really seems on the 109 you have to hang way back though, and be good on the guns. Trying to get right behind them always ends bad for me in the 109.

I got downed a bunch but managed to eject or ditch most of the time. Lots of fun and I didn't see any bat turning. Was a little vulching from Strumoviks. I made a cool kill on one when I took off heading straight for him. Use my elevator while still on the ground to bring my sights to bear on his nose.

Those MG 151 gun pods really help the 109 firepower.

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 08:39 AM
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 10:34 AM
Whats so funny? The takeoff kill on the vulcher?

I tell you what was so cool about the Lagg-5 kill though. A couple of those burst I couldn't even see my sights. I was looking up out of the cockpit well forward, and up. I just opened up when he went back through my screen.