PDA

View Full Version : Mouse control is terrible, again



zarakon
11-29-2011, 11:50 PM
I was hoping that the mouse control in Revelations would be improved over Brotherhood, but unfortunately I find it unusable again.

Two problems:
1: Sensitivity is way, way, way too low, even when maxed at 10.
2: No option to turn off acceleration

I normally like to do about 2 and a half turns (900 degrees) by moving my mouse from one side of my large mousepad to the other. In Revelations, I can only do between 180 and 360 degrees, depending on how fast I move the mouse (due to acceleration).

Vertical sensitivity is even worse. It takes 2 full mouse motions to go from looking up to looking down. Starting from a central position, I can barely look anywhere in a single motion.

This is with both in-game sensitivity options set at 10, and my windows mouse settings don't seem to make any difference.


Is there any config file that I can edit to crank up the sensitivity, or possibly even turn off acceleration?

Is there any hope for a patch that will implement some reasonable FPS-worthy mouse control?

Vorreth
11-30-2011, 02:36 AM
Gratulations to the game. Haven't played it yet, cause of the damn late European release date -.- Still asking myself, y I ordered it at Ubishop, as I can get the game from amazon at the same time assured. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif Nah, let's see...

Sry, btt:
Mh, understand ur prob, but inside ur posting I can't figure out, what kinda mouse u've got. Don't know if there's another way to solve this, but... Already got a mouse with variable number of DPI to config? I got the one from Razer(Death Adder). As long as u don't need a non-english driver version, this mouse could help u out. U can handle the sensivity by ur driver software or by pushing a button on the bottom side.

"Mouse-sensivity-fix?"
Don't know, if Ubi is gonna make a fix in this case, but I guess no. They got a reason, y the sensivity became that way as it is in Brotherhood(and now seems to be in AC:R). And they didn't fix it there, so.. y fix it in Revelations? Agree with u, that the camera control is a bit...confining. Especially in MP the behavior of the camera is some kind of strange.

Maybe there's a skilled modder, who can improve the camera speed, without killing the MP-function in cause of cheat-detection http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

D.I.D.
11-30-2011, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by zarakon:

I normally like to do about 2 and a half turns (900 degrees) by moving my mouse from one side of my large mousepad to the other. In Revelations, I can only do between 180 and 360 degrees, depending on how fast I move the mouse (due to acceleration).


You're asking a lot there. I realise some games will allow for that degree of movement, and I've always wondered who on earth wants the settings at the top scale (until just now!).

Personally, I wouldn't call what you want "FPS worthy", since in an FPS I would practice for a few minutes getting the settings right so that when I sweep from centre to left or right (on a fairly small table area) my view turns no more than 270 degrees. I have no idea how you manage to aim, but I swear you'd be even better if you weren't spreading the mouse resolution so thinly.

zarakon
11-30-2011, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Vorreth:

Mh, understand ur prob, but inside ur posting I can't figure out, what kinda mouse u've got. Don't know if there's another way to solve this, but... Already got a mouse with variable number of DPI to config? I got the one from Razer(Death Adder). As long as u don't need a non-english driver version, this mouse could help u out. U can handle the sensivity by ur driver software or by pushing a button on the bottom side.

I have the intellimouse explorer 3.0, which does have a low DPI compared to a lot of mice these days. Unfortunately it can't be configured.



Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:

I have no idea how you manage to aim, but I swear you'd be even better if you weren't spreading the mouse resolution so thinly. My sensitivity is not very high by most standards. I just have a fairly large mousepad.

BerntBalchen
12-01-2011, 01:38 PM
When i first started to play the SP i had normal mouse movement like i always have in AC. But after i try the new graphics driver for AMD 11.11 I now have way to fast mouse movement. Removed the new driver with the one i had before, but the problem stays. Even with settings on 1 i get full movement. I turn like 6-7 times with little movement. Its doing my head in.

isebryk
12-01-2011, 07:37 PM
i have the exact OPPOSITE problem. i have my mouse dropped to lowest DPI and sensitivity to 2 and it's still not right. 3 is just too fast and 2 is a bit to slow. can't seem to find a happy balance. which makes the rooftop races an utter horrorshow. hope this is remedied with a fix.

other than that, not bad. enjoying the game very much but it the controls feel so clumsy. but then i'm horribly tainted for life thanks to the ultra-exquisite, and i do mean EXQUISITE, UI controls with Skyrim. sorry Ubisoft, these guys nailed it to the wall. never have to leave the the WASD! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BerntBalchen
12-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Some how it seems to have fixed it self or something. Anyway everything is ok after i put the AA settings in the graphics card to application control.