PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Coop Story Mode...?

S-EVANS
12-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Where is it...?

Whats wrong with having desmond and his dad fight in a multiplayer coop story mode?

doesnt have to be his dad, get them to make another animus machine and send someone into memorys with desmond in full story mode, play every aspect of single player story with a friend. in revelations it could have worked with both yusuf and ezio being controlled by human players.

Eregost
12-04-2011, 10:21 AM
It would be epic. Imagine working together to pull off an assassination. 1 person causes a distraction and takes the pressure, the other sneaks in for the kill etc. So much potential.

RzaRecta357
12-04-2011, 10:22 AM
They try to keep it based in the games reality. Since it's playing off genes only one person could do it.

I mean, if Ezio and Yusuf aren't related to Desmond's dad then there is just no way.

Then for the mulitplayer, you're playing as an ancestor of one of the templars from the game. Thus why they're evil templars in SP and you can play as them as MP.

Since the mplayer is ALL through Abstergo they wouldn't even have access to Ezios memories.

Eregost
12-04-2011, 10:30 AM
It doesn't need to be two people in the Annimus. No story reason is required. Desmond can relive the memories of an ancestor and player 2 can control that ancestor's partner.

S-EVANS
12-04-2011, 10:37 AM
What about linking the second player to a sister of desmond, and he didnt know about her because he ran away from the farm. The first civilization mentions something about a female going through the gate with him...

Thats a possible linkage there. over to the story writers now. make it become real http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

SolidSage
12-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Or Player2 just controlling one of the characters as if they ARE the character, not using the Animus.

Story co-op is the only relevant upgrade that can be made to this franchise. They've got the combat and city and story and roaming all dialled in, minor tweaks here and there is all that's necessary in those areas. Co-op would give so much more replay value. Even if you just play a full time recruit assistant, tailing whoever on their missions. Doesn't have to be tied in to the story as an individual at all.

I want online co-op. Assign or request mission assistance, or one player tail targets and relay intel, or any number of fantastic ways to play the game together. Rather than the mind numbing team deathmatch that is polluting the gaming world these days. Its fun but it gets boring and repetetive. No discovery or adventure like the SP.

We want it Ubi.

blazefp
12-04-2011, 03:05 PM
It hasn't been done yet because the console couldn't work with it, it's too heavy. With the graphics as they are now and with only 1 person the game is already pushing the console really high. With two players and same graphics it would be twice as heavy.

It would be awesome if they could design a new game engine that could allow this to happen

S-EVANS
12-04-2011, 03:10 PM
graphics has nothing to do with it...

in a two player online mode, my console handles my rendering, and yours handles yours...

blazefp
12-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Damn sry I didn't read the multiplayer word lol xD

DavisP92
12-04-2011, 04:14 PM
co-op could just be it's own complete different story that still works in the big picture. they don't need to use the animus but rather just have us play as two assassins in the past. but if they want the animus they could just have two twins go in the animus and re-live the lives of their twin ancestors. but co-op would need special co-op moves. and if they had it too then they could have a different location too, sp in france, co-op in egypt.

thekarlone
12-05-2011, 01:15 AM
No, no coop story mode, please.

DavisP92
12-05-2011, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by thekarlone:
No, no coop story mode, please.

why not sir (sir, madam?)? I think it would be better then just throwing co-op in. and if your saying no coop at all, they're probably going to do it anyways. It was on their survey for ACB and unless they tried and can't it will be in the AC series.

ace3001
12-05-2011, 07:45 AM
I guess it'll be fun for those who like coop, but personally, I hope it won't happen. Because the SP gameplay is rushed enough as it is with their yearly release schedule. If a coop mode too is added, the SP part will suffer even more. Bad idea in that sense.

DavisP92
12-05-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
I guess it'll be fun for those who like coop, but personally, I hope it won't happen. Because the SP gameplay is rushed enough as it is with their yearly release schedule. If a coop mode too is added, the SP part will suffer even more. Bad idea in that sense.

I see what ur saying, but if they can do it and make both good I'd want it. Also if they stop the annual thing after AC3 (they said it before but they could have or will change it) then it would be even better. Also if they have been working on AC3 since ACB (hopefully) then i think it'll be fine

SolidSage
12-05-2011, 01:59 PM
This is why I think co-op shouldn't be scripted. Keep Creed SP story, just add the ability for a friend to drop in to the game as a Character of their choosing or a custom or pre determined recruit and let them play with me. Not corrupting the SP aspect at all, just allowing for a couple of friends to roam the city together, tackling standard SP missions in tandem. No special co-op moves or nothing like that, just two people, effing stuff up. Chucking heavy weapons at Heralds and stuff http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Not hearing anything about processing power either, GTA's been running 12 player MP on FULL CITY maps for years, and those cars move way faster (frame rate) than Ezio on foot.

DavisP92
12-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
This is why I think co-op shouldn't be scripted. Keep Creed SP story, just add the ability for a friend to drop in to the game as a Character of their choosing or a custom or pre determined recruit and let them play with me. Not corrupting the SP aspect at all, just allowing for a couple of friends to roam the city together, tackling standard SP missions in tandem. No special co-op moves or nothing like that, just two people, effing stuff up. Chucking heavy weapons at Heralds and stuff http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Not hearing anything about processing power either, GTA's been running 12 player MP on FULL CITY maps for years, and those cars move way faster (frame rate) than Ezio on foot.

I would rather have a co-op story where there will be progression for both players then have someone play as a recruit and not have any special progression. But if making a co-op story will mess up the Sp story then yea they should do it ur way. I remember that someone at ubisoft said something about taking a break from the annual release after AC3. hopefully that means they can make AC4 (new name?) with better sp, co-op story, and better mp in 2 years

SolidSage
12-05-2011, 10:15 PM
@Pdavis
I'm definatley with you on 2player scripted story as a desire. That would of course, be epic. But I feel that they have a hard enough time right now pleasing people with SP and it's utilities. Asking for full on 2 player now would require it to happen after AC3. I'm trying to get at playing the next game with a friend. Playing a recruit or similar really only requires the mechanical portion of co-op to be tackled. Then, after that's dialed in, they can turn the attentions to crafting a good co-op tale. Perfect new start with AC4.

Can't ask too much of them in a year.

@Ubieyes let us test co-op for you in AC3!

@Pdavis
Hey, I think AC3 was rumored to be on the 1 year cycle....I hope so, and I also heard about a longer break between that one and AC4. personally, i'm thinking it's tied in to the console evolution. Developing AC4 for the 720 or whatever it's going to be called. THEN, fingers crossed they can get back on that money making role and sell me some more AWEZOMENESS every year like!!!

DavisP92
12-06-2011, 06:56 AM
@SolidSage well if they have been making AC3 since ACB (hopefully even before that). then It could be possible, they could have been at the drawing board since ACB saying okay we know what to do in ACR but what should we do in AC3. That way they would have allowed to be able to figure out what they should do and have it already started. Probably not tho ha :P. As for the new consoles, Ubisoft has already said they have started making new games for them. so that could be AC3 if the consoles come out next year. but that's a if

but either way, they're either going to experiment with AC3 and coop or they're going to just put it in to AC4. If they could do it for AC3, then it would be smart to do it there. So that AC4 would have a better coop element

SolidSage
12-07-2011, 06:30 PM
I read that the rumor for new consoles was 2013/14, delivery, but who knows how accurate that is.
I'm fairly confident that AC3 will be on current gen.

As far as co-op, I've wanted it for a very long time, so long that it's hard for me to share your optimism about it EVER becoming a reality. They've already worked the MP angle, and in an interview, stated that they tested the combat mechanic approach from SP but it didn't pan out well, so they went with what we know have in MP. Which sucks in comparison to the battles we could be having with friends if we had access to SP combat mechanics...can you imagine?

BUT, I want co-op so bad I am even willing to bypass player on player combat fights, if thats too difficult, in exchange for being able to run the full maps together and get to take on a ton of AI in tandem.

DavisP92
12-07-2011, 06:56 PM
All the rumors now are for 2012 and there is one that the xbox will be anounced at CES 2012.

player on player fight isn't coop tho :P, they tested the SP fights for MP not for co-op. where they don't fight each other but rather NPCs. Co-op would be (to me) 2 assassins going through the a story killing enemy npcs.

SolidSage
12-08-2011, 12:19 PM
You're right about P on P combat doesn't = co-op...but it would = FUN!!!
It should deffo be two players v NPC's but increased difficulty would require 'friendly fire' as it were, or 'friendly slashes', perhaps. But yeah, it wouldn't really matter if there was player to player hit registration for me, especially if it made co-op more unlikely.
Might increase replay value a tad though if it was in there.

2012 is the new news huh? Ima have to check it out.
later on.

DavisP92
12-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
You're right about P on P combat doesn't = co-op...but it would = FUN!!!
It should deffo be two players v NPC's but increased difficulty would require 'friendly fire' as it were, or 'friendly slashes', perhaps. But yeah, it wouldn't really matter if there was player to player hit registration for me, especially if it made co-op more unlikely.
Might increase replay value a tad though if it was in there.

2012 is the new news huh? Ima have to check it out.
later on.

what they could do is have training where both players challange each other to a fight. but even at that they would have to change the combat system, so unless they do (which a lot of ppl don't want, from what i see on the forums) i don't think they will. Just co-op, gamers vs. Npc