PDA

View Full Version : Throwing Knife positions.

eWaster
11-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Okey so I am gonna make this short.
When you advance the total of 5 throwing knifes, you carry them in your belt.
For the 10, you have 5 in belt and 5 in boot.
For the 15, you have 5 in belt, 5 in boot and 5 in shoulderpad.

My question is: Why are the knifes in the belt, completely invisible? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif I have been wondering for a while now, and the mini knife holders in the belt is all empty. I thought it looked pretty badass with those knifes in your belt as we have seen on... like how many posters and pictures.

Please discuss http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

*I AM USING A XBOX 360*

eWaster
11-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Okey so I am gonna make this short.
When you advance the total of 5 throwing knifes, you carry them in your belt.
For the 10, you have 5 in belt and 5 in boot.
For the 15, you have 5 in belt, 5 in boot and 5 in shoulderpad.

My question is: Why are the knifes in the belt, completely invisible? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif I have been wondering for a while now, and the mini knife holders in the belt is all empty. I thought it looked pretty badass with those knifes in your belt as we have seen on... like how many posters and pictures.

Please discuss http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

*I AM USING A XBOX 360*

DeAdLy2323
11-29-2007, 08:53 AM
they aren't invisible. you can see them pretty clearly, you just dont see them in the loading screens if you dont have them yet

eWaster
11-29-2007, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeAdLy2323:
they aren't invisible. you can see them pretty clearly, you just dont see them in the loading screens if you dont have them yet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, I have completed the game twice now. I have all 15 of them and none are shown in the belt, Altair is wearing. Nothing but 5 empty mini knife holders.

DeAdLy2323
11-29-2007, 09:12 AM
well did you throw them

eWaster
11-29-2007, 09:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeAdLy2323:
well did you throw them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I have ran out of knifes, i have them missed both on shoulder and in boot. Then i pickpocket them back and my shoulder and boot knife holders seems to be filled. But still no change on my belt. 5 mini knife holders all empty. Even though, I do have all the 15 throwing knifes.

Dude, I don't know how long you are into the game, but I seem to know alot more about this subject than you do.

DeAdLy2323
11-29-2007, 09:23 AM
i beat the game and am on my second playthrough, im sorry that i don't sit and stare at my characters holders all day though if thats what you are getting at. make sure you pickpocket up the the maximum amount not just 5

eWaster
11-29-2007, 09:26 AM
make sure you pickpocket up the the maximum amount not just 5 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I appreciate your help. I really do. But reading my HUD was one of the first things I learned in the game.

DeAdLy2323
11-29-2007, 09:39 AM
really? first thing i learned was "push analog stick up to move"

eWaster
11-29-2007, 09:54 AM
really? first thing i learned was "push analog stick up to move" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew that already before.

Dude, im not gonna start argueing with you. But you obviously don't got the answer so please come back when people have started discussing the subject.

Tela
11-29-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm able to see them. Don't know what's wrong. Sorry.

DeAdLy2323
11-29-2007, 09:57 AM
lol this is so much fun messing with you. and to answer it, they aren't empty, they are pockets or pouches with the knives in them, which is why you dont see them

eWaster
11-29-2007, 10:32 AM
lol this is so much fun messing with you. and to answer it, they aren't empty, they are pockets or pouches with the knives in them, which is why you dont see them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You see, I kinda thought that at first but then i compared the little knife holders on my belt, with the ones in my shoulder pad and the ones in my boot. They look identical!

MammothWaffle
11-29-2007, 10:38 AM
lol this is so much fun messing with you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please be helpful or dont post anything at all.. no one likes a forum troll, especially one thats 12 years old.

Oh and I haven't seen these knives because i never looked but i'll search em out the next time i play

eWaster
11-29-2007, 10:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MammothWaffle:

Please be helpful or dont post anything at all.. no one likes a forum troll, especially one thats 12 years old.

Oh and I haven't seen these knives because i never looked but i'll search em out the next time i play </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sir, you are the most positive man on the forum. Respect!

Thanks man, it would be great. Because if this is a glitch they have forgot to add a model for, they should probably include it in an upcoming patch.

AirRon_2K7
11-29-2007, 11:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuMbAzZ-:

When I have ran out of knifes, i have them missed both on shoulder and in boot. Then i pickpocket them back and my shoulder and boot knife holders seems to be filled. But still no change on my belt. 5 mini knife holders all empty. Even though, I do have all the 15 throwing knifes.

Dude, I don't know how long you are into the game, but I seem to know alot more about this subject than you do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, evil arguments suxorz!

Anyway, I think I have the "answer".

It can't be solved, but I think it's a glitch. It happens to me sometimes... *elaborates*

I actually need to see them, since I have my HUD turned off, so that's the only way I can tell if I have knives or not. But sometimes they're not there... and I'm like "WAT!! 1337 H4X0RZ!!", but I can still throw my imaginary knives and they still kill people. Then when I pickpocket they come back. But sometimes they don't.

Wow, not too helpful, but too answer your question, I think it's a glitch. Continously throw them all and pickpocket, and see if you get them all at least once.

Sorry I'm not more help http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

eWaster
11-29-2007, 12:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuMbAzZ-:

Dude, I don't know how long you are into the game, but I seem to know alot more about this subject than you do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, evil arguments suxorz!

Anyway, I think I have the "answer".

It can't be solved, but I think it's a glitch. It happens to me sometimes... *elaborates*

I actually need to see them, since I have my HUD turned off, so that's the only way I can tell if I have knives or not. But sometimes they're not there... and I'm like "WAT!! 1337 H4X0RZ!!", but I can still throw my imaginary knives and they still kill people. Then when I pickpocket they come back. But sometimes they don't.

Wow, not too helpful, but too answer your question, I think it's a glitch. Continously throw them all and pickpocket, and see if you get them all at least once.

Sorry I'm not more help http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am glad that you can share such information with me. I was sure, that it wasn't even possible to get a look of the throwing knifes while they were in the belt knife holders.

But it has never happened to me. Not once have I seen a throwing knife in my belt.

DeAdLy2323
11-29-2007, 12:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MammothWaffle:

Oh and I haven't seen these knives because i never looked but i'll search em out the next time i play </div></BLOCKQUOTE>hey genius mr. know it all with 5 posts, how about reading the rest of my post before assuming im 12 years old (which i'm not)

you tell me not to make pointless posts but then you go ahead and do the same thing....(this doesn't count)

MammothWaffle
11-29-2007, 12:55 PM
hey genius mr. know it all with 5 posts, how about reading the rest of my post before assuming im 12 years old (which i'm not)

you tell me not to make pointless posts but then you go ahead and do the same thing....(this doesn't count) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who cares about the amount of posts I have, I'm sorry I don't post on these forums enough to earn recognition from people.

I have read all your posts within this thread, and I wouldn't say they are helpful rather than just flamey fodder. Honestly, maybe you aren't 12 but you sure like to instigate things as if you were, so I went with that hunch. As far as my post goes, it isn't pointless as I offered my help to "search em out the next time i play."

This will be the last post in this thread that will be aimed towards you as it is pointless to even try to debate with you on anything. Have a nice day!

Leighroy
11-29-2007, 02:17 PM
I just checked my version (PS3) and the knives were in his belt (like the shoulder/boot ones), my brother has the 360 version, I'll check it out a little bit later.

What version (PS3/360) are you using?

Anyone else think it's slightly lazy programming that he does the shoulder/boot knife throw animation even if you don't have the shoulder/boot knives. It didn't effect my experience with the game at all, but I did notice it a fair few times.

DeAdLy2323
11-29-2007, 02:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leighroy:
I just checked my version (PS3) and the knives were in his belt (like the shoulder/boot ones), my brother has the 360 version, I'll check it out a little bit later.

What version (PS3/360) are you using?

Anyone else think it's slightly lazy programming that he does the shoulder/boot knife throw animation even if you don't have the shoulder/boot knives. It didn't effect my experience with the game at all, but I did notice it a fair few times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> i dont think ive ever seen him throw unless he has some there, other then on the loading screen.

@mammoth you must have missed the part where i said that i was just messing with him... and you say i like to instigate things, here you go making your 5th post about how much you think i shouldn't post here.....second hypocritical thing you've done

MammothWaffle
11-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Okay popped it in and got to check it out before it oddly froze on me o.o

I did check the belt, i didnt notice the knives there but little knicks in the casing that were sticking out disappeared as i threw the knives so im thinking those were the hilts, so yes they are there... kinda hard to see

Geinref
11-29-2007, 09:04 PM
hey man i know exactly what u mean, i was about to post a topic about this but u beat me to it. Anyways i noticed the same thing, the daggers dont show up on ur belt unless ur out of Mysaf, then you have to reboot the game and when u come back, look closely and they'll be there, and they disappear one by one as u use them. They last all the way till you fast forward somewhere, or even when u fast forward back to Mysaf after an assassination. Its lame knowing that this is a minor glitch, but i have to admit it looks cool when u have daggers on ur belt, on ur boot and on the shoulder. Though i hope they can fix this little thing. O yeah, if u fast forward to Mysaf and u continue to whatever city, the daggers won't come back unless u reboot the game.

A_Bird_Of_Prey_
11-29-2007, 10:09 PM
hahahaha lol you guys seriously have your knives glitched out wow. Ive played thorugh about 4 time now,(was at Arsuf on the 5th but TV died last week on tuesday b4 thanksgiving weekend) and that hasnt happed yet I alway have the knives there, when I have enough knives to fill the spot. And Ive pretty much seen all the glitches. its been about 13 differnt ones I can remember. and I even got the flying one on the 3rd run-through. It happenes on Jeruselum when you free run in the middle district. its soo fun. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Geinref
11-29-2007, 10:55 PM
lol yeah, the only time i started to notice them was on my 2nd playthrough. I was talking to someone in the bureau and i had switched the camera to where u can see altair up close and i noticed them. Then after i assassinated a target i went to mysaf and when they showed altair get a new equipment i noticed they werent there yet i can still throw them. SO i was like, thats wierd. Well i went on w/ my life lol and went to another city and into it's bureau, well i remember i did the same thing w/ the camera there and i noticed they werent there. Well afterwards i had to turn off my xbox cause i was going to eat some badace turkey and then i turned it back on later that day and i noticed that altair had the daggers on him. So then i thought maybe it only happens when u fast forward to mysaf. Yet when u get them on ur shoulder and on ur boot they are always there even when the ones on the belt arent there. Btw what kind of leap of faith glitches happened to u?

dirtybird21
11-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Wow, I thought noone else besides me noticed that lol... I STILL haven't seen them on my belt yet... Do they look like they do on the cover?

Geinref
11-29-2007, 11:30 PM
yup, usually you can see the little holders on ur belt but if the daggers are in there you can see the silver hilt when u move altair towards the sun or when u move the camera up close to him. Its pretty cool looking, such good little details ubisoft did on that part. To bad there is a dumb little glitch that makes them not come back unless u restart ur xbox360. lol

dirtybird21
11-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Damn, those looked cool on the cover lol... I thought they maybe changed the design or something (like they messed up with alot of pictures that have his hidden blade in the wrong hand.)

Geinref
11-29-2007, 11:47 PM
yeah i had thought the same thing to, cause i remember seeing pictures on ign and stuff where he had the daggers on his belt and then when i played it they werent there. So i was thinking maybe they took it out for something. But there still in there, but it being so minor its probably easy to glitch up.

A_Bird_Of_Prey_
11-30-2007, 08:11 AM
oh about the leap of faith glitches um the flying thing is plart of a leap of faith glitch. I was running aroung in th eMiddle district in Jeruselum and I saw some pigeon so I did a lead of faith and the eagle soung played but he jumped and kept going up. so I left the foom and when I came back Altait was flying and I was like holy motther of GGGod!!!!!............................cool!

and another one was where he did the LoF and he just kep falling an d falling. those where my favorite LoF glitches.

Geinref
11-30-2007, 10:29 AM
that is wicked man! lol. I havent had wierd glitch like that in mine YET lol.

Geinref
11-30-2007, 12:16 PM
well i hope they (ubisoft) will be able to fix this little detail, once there done dealing w/ the bigger problems.

aNoN_FoReVeR
05-21-2008, 08:46 AM
hey genius mr. know it all with 5 posts, how about reading the rest of my post before assuming im 12 years old (which i'm not)

you tell me not to make pointless posts but then you go ahead and do the same thing....(this doesn't count) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who cares about the amount of posts I have, I'm sorry I don't post on these forums enough to earn recognition from people.

I have read all your posts within this thread, and I wouldn't say they are helpful rather than just flamey fodder. Honestly, maybe you aren't 12 but you sure like to instigate things as if you were, so I went with that hunch. As far as my post goes, it isn't pointless as I offered my help to "search em out the next time i play."

This will be the last post in this thread that will be aimed towards you as it is pointless to even try to debate with you on anything. Have a nice day! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice way to end it. Very Mature, so Mammothwaffle, is your name Clarence by any chance?

Bobfish_Almight
05-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Don't worry Mammoth, I get criticised regularly because I have too many posts. There are a lot of very narrow minded people on these forums

ScytheOfGrim
05-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Unnecessary bump.

I suppose then that every single member would be considered narrow minded.

Bobfish_Almight
05-21-2008, 09:20 AM
If I were to say that then I would have include myself in that assessment. So...yes, yes they are http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif See? I'm really not biased. I really do hate everyone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Sam_Sam_Studio
04-16-2009, 12:03 AM
I'm very happy to find a thread on this cuz I was wondering if I was the only one with the problem. I'm also glad to find out that this problem is also visible on the 360 version. I'm playing on PC and assumed it was my computer's problem.

Anyways, yes the throwing knife on the belt (and only the ones on the belt, not the ones on the shoulder or the boots) seem to go graphically invisible after visiting Masyaf.

This is an issue becuz I play with all HUD elements off. I normally get over it by maxing out on throwing knives and keeping a mental counter on how many I have left (just like keeping track of rounds on pistol). It'd still be nice if I have the option knowing how many throwing knives I have by just looking.

(BTW: I really enjoy playing without the HUD, for it makes you be more aware, alert, and observing. Not having the sync bar makes the game harder, for you have to constantly observe your surroundings; no GPS requires you to actually memorize few landmarks and get a sense of direction; no weapons allows use of the cool detail Ubisoft put in for the throwing knives; and who really needs the control HUD. If some of you haven't tried playing without the HUD, I totally think it's worth a try.)

Anyways, I really hope Ubisoft fixes this bug (I'm sure it's quite simple of a fix). Be back to check on this thread. Peace.