PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions about DRM in Assassin's Creed Director's Cut for the PC

Npt99
04-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Hi to all!

I'm thinking of buying Assassin's Creed Director's Cut for the PC. I've heard about it for a quite some time (I'm recently crawling from under a rock and trying out all of the great games I've been missing these past years) and now that I saw it for a very good price (it's the Focus Multimedia release) I was curious to try it out.

However, I still have some doubts about it. How is the DRM on this version working on?

From what I've gathered so far, it seems to use SafeDisc, which seems to have had in the past some potencial to cause vulnerabilities in Windows.

To the people who have played it, what were your experiences with it? Did you have any problems with it? In which system were you running it (I plan on using it in Windows 7)? What kind of cautions should I take?

Thanks in advance!

Dreddpool82
04-14-2011, 05:46 AM
If Your refering to the Orignal Assassins Creed Directors Cut, The DRm isn't that big a problem I have it and it works fine and with out any problems at all, I have seen it lately for as little as $29AU.

It's a good bye if you wanna start the series at the first game.

PS. I have it running ON XP/Win7 without problems.

Npt99
04-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Yes, sorry, just have indicated that, it is the first game.

Good to know that everything seems to be working fine.

From what I've gathered so far, the real problem seemed to happen with XP SP2, meaning that the more recent versions of Windows (Vista and 7) don't suffer from that problem.

freeze131
04-17-2011, 11:55 PM
If you still have XP, I think that's a bigger problem than the game :P