PDA

View Full Version : Items and Shop Quests

dchil279
11-21-2010, 07:57 PM
This is the dumbest idea ever. "Sorry sir, you can only buy that armor if you have 5 tomatoes" Why can't we just do the shop quest whenever we want

Piflik
11-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Erm...getting the 5 tomatoes is the shop quest...when you give the nice man behind the counter the 5 tomatoes, he gives you the shiny armor...that, my friend, is called a quest...

Lonnie_Jackson
11-21-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm missing one shrunken head and the last item on the list for fast poison.... seriously I hope it's in one of the lairs or the last 40 chests I need... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

oricle
11-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Altair25:
I'm missing one shrunken head and the last item on the list for fast poison.... seriously I hope it's in one of the lairs or the last 40 chests I need... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

same here. i just sold everything i got before i learned about the shop quests.

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 08:03 PM
I took ages getting enough nutmeg for the fast poison. Eventually got it from a bandit attack.

I'm missing both shrunken heads and 1 Vlad coin.

dchil279
11-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Piflik:
Erm...getting the 5 tomatoes is the shop quest...when you give the nice man behind the counter the 5 tomatoes, he gives you the shiny armor...that, my friend, is called a quest...
thats still REALLY stupid. Realistically Ezio would be able to go to the forum and buy tomatoes. But also, what the hell does a blacksmith want with tomatoes?

Piflik
11-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by oricle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair25:

same here. i just sold everything i got before i learned about the shop quests. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you sold one of the heads, your SOL...there are exactly two of those in the game. One in the Pope's old residence, and one in a chest on a cliff pretty much south of the map (Antico District....one of the Chests marked on Treasure Map 3)

Originally posted by dchil279:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Piflik:
thats still REALLY stupid. Realistically Ezio would be able to go to the forum and buy tomatoes. But also, what the hell does a blacksmith want with tomatoes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesn't want tomatoes...I just used them as an example because you used them...he wants Elephant Ivory, Indian Diamonds and Shrunken Heads...some exotic stuff you won't find in the assortment of most traders in Rome.

dchil279
11-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Piflik:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oricle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair25:

same here. i just sold everything i got before i learned about the shop quests. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you sold one of the heads, your SOL...there are exactly two of those in the game. One in the Pope's old residence, and one in a chest on a cliff pretty much south of the map (Antico District....one of the Chests marked on Treasure Map 3)

Originally posted by dchil279:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Piflik:
thats still REALLY stupid. Realistically Ezio would be able to go to the forum and buy tomatoes. But also, what the hell does a blacksmith want with tomatoes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He doesn't want tomatoes...I just used them as an example because you used them...he wants Elephant Ivory, Indian Diamonds and Shrunken Heads...some exotic stuff you won't find in the assortment of most traders in Rome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know, but why cant you just buy the damn armor, or make it so if you sold all your items not knowing you need them for shop quests, you're not screwed out of 100% sync

Kyian
11-22-2010, 03:31 AM
if there are only two of an item in the game, its odd that you can acutally sell the stuff, when you clearly need them for some Qs

tyrce111
11-22-2010, 03:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxbzfnBw1Ek

I quick guide to getting rare items for shop quests...

Redfeather1975
11-22-2010, 03:58 AM
lol. I didn't know Ezio can loot bodies. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Thank-you tyrce111, for linking to that video.

tyrce111
11-22-2010, 06:49 AM
You learnt that at the VERY start of Assassin's Creed 2...

FrankieSatt
11-22-2010, 06:59 AM
While the shop quests pretty much gives you the incentive to search each and every guard you kill, they are absurdly stupid.

It's pretty much a crap shoot on what you find and I'll have completed the main quest before finding the items for the shops quests. Added to the fact that you have no idea of what they need unless you keep going back to look at the list or write it down on paper, these shop quests are not worth it.

Epic fail to Ubi on the shop quests.

Redfeather1975
11-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by tyrce111:
You learnt that at the VERY start of Assassin's Creed 2...

It was a year ago that I played AC2.
How am I expected to remember so far back. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Riley4142
11-24-2010, 10:07 PM
I did the thief missions, so if the rest of the chests don't have what I need, I'm screwed.

aerohendrix
11-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Altair25:

i have the same problem i beat the game, collected every treasure cheast in rome and in lairs of Romulus but cannot find a second shrunken head... ive been hoping ill get one from a messenger or robber but it just doesnt happen. And this is the only item i need.

It doesnt make sense because with recruit assingments you can get items that are unnessesary to the game but not the ones ur actually looking for

++ where is the popes old residence, if that is where u can find a shrunken head?

ndaLi
11-29-2010, 09:44 PM
I am also missing 1 shrunken head, I have opened every treasure chest on the map and the chest I could find in the secret locations, but no shrunken head http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I have about 80% total sync but I can't get the last shop quest completed for the last armor.

Ubi needs to make where you can purchase items for a very high price or at least repurchase the items you sold b4 you were told they would be used for shop quest

EdgeX4
11-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Ubi needs to make where you can purchase items for a very high price or at least repurchase the items you sold b4 you were told they would be used for shop quest

Agreed my friend -_- That's like the only thing I hate about this game, I don't like the Romulus armor, it's ugly and not assassin like, so I want to get the susenheur (wtv it' spelled like) armor , but can't because I sold the ******* items I needed without looking at the quest because there's only one god damn shop that has the quest!. I mean **** would it have been so hard to have the quest available in everyshop. Or better yet they could have made those items available a lot more trough those assassin contracts....butt noo you do that mission that gives you the vlad coin and than the mission dissapears -_-

ndaLi
11-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Yup, I'm just hoping I'll get lucky looting bandits(100 eye gang are whatever) or by looting pickpockets. Either way it's a super low chance to get the item you need. once you have sold them it Might even be impossible

driger697
11-30-2010, 10:25 AM
What they need is a market system like the fallout series so that you could buy stuff like shrunkin heads or tomatoes from the shop and every so often the item list for the shops would change giving what ever you need

the11bravo
11-30-2010, 10:49 AM
There are several ways to get items for the shop quests.
1. treasure chests
2. Bandits
3. pick-pockets
4. The other guy (forget what they call him) who runs around you can kill
5. Some Assassin missions that you send your assassins out on have cash and item rewards.

I did the same thing a lot of you did (sold my items early) and it took me a while the other ways but I unlocked everything.

Black_Widow9
11-30-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm going to move this here-
Assassin's Creed Hints & Tips (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9011039408)

LaFawna
11-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
I took ages getting enough nutmeg for the fast poison. Eventually got it from a bandit attack.

I'm missing both shrunken heads and 1 Vlad coin.

Where did the bandit attack happen? I still need two nutmegs.

LaFawna
11-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by EdgeX4:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ubi needs to make where you can purchase items for a very high price or at least repurchase the items you sold b4 you were told they would be used for shop quest

Agreed my friend -_- That's like the only thing I hate about this game, I don't like the Romulus armor, it's ugly and not assassin like, so I want to get the susenheur (wtv it' spelled like) armor , but can't because I sold the ******* items I needed without looking at the quest because there's only one god damn shop that has the quest!. I mean **** would it have been so hard to have the quest available in everyshop. Or better yet they could have made those items available a lot more trough those assassin contracts....butt noo you do that mission that gives you the vlad coin and than the mission dissapears -_- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can have the Romulus armor and the strength that comes with it hidden under the Altair armor, which you can buy at Uplay with your points.