PDA

View Full Version : bugs ?

F4U_Flyer
11-02-2004, 12:18 AM
I have found that the f4f3 wings dont fold! Anyone else see this?
Also when i try to turn around on a carrier the tailwheel will not remain locked , if its supposed to , and as you get closer to the edge it straightens out and a u turn is not possible. Anyone able to do this? It can be done on a runway but not on a carrier! Im guessing there is no way to have brakes set to individual wheels! Are these bugs?

F4U_Flyer
11-02-2004, 12:18 AM
I have found that the f4f3 wings dont fold! Anyone else see this?
Also when i try to turn around on a carrier the tailwheel will not remain locked , if its supposed to , and as you get closer to the edge it straightens out and a u turn is not possible. Anyone able to do this? It can be done on a runway but not on a carrier! Im guessing there is no way to have brakes set to individual wheels! Are these bugs?

Blottogg
11-02-2004, 02:59 AM
F4U_Flyer, welcome to the community. To answer (most of) your questions, the F4F-3 had fixed, non-folding wings and only 4 x .50 cal guns. Later variants introduced wing folding (and 2 more guns.)

About the brakes, there is no way to map brake controls to separate keys for left and right. To apply one brake or the other, hold down the brake key, and at the same time use the rudder. I don't know about the tailwheel locking thing though (give me a few days to get the game in the mail.)

Don't try to do too much maneuvering around the deck, in any case. In real life, aircraft were usually manhandled or towed around the deck, rather than pilots taxiing in tight confines. After landing pull forward and set chocks (with chocks in, your aircraft becomes immune to collisions.)

Hopefully someone else can answer your tailwheel question. Welcome again, and have fun.

Tully__
11-02-2004, 03:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blottogg:
...After landing pull forward and set chocks (with chocks in, your aircraft becomes immune to collisions.)... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not totally immune, but it wont be affected collision against its wings.

Blottogg
11-02-2004, 04:29 AM
Thanks Tully. That'll teach me to type before I sim.

Tully__
11-02-2004, 04:47 AM
I learnt the hard way too, spawn crash in VFC*HOST http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif