PDA

View Full Version : Decommissioned help/advice

adikeo
12-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Anyone got any helpful tips on how to get 100% sync on this one?

Kytr
12-01-2011, 04:53 PM
It might be unhelpful, but the answer is to get lucky.

You need to run to the gate in the far corner of the map (from the start point). You should be able to run through the city dodging guards and get to a cut scene in front of the gate. Don't bother to fight during the run -- they are too likely to get that one lucky hit. After the cutscene, you will be facing several guards. It took me several tries to kill them without getting hit (including one run where I was hit with the only knife thrown at me during the ENTIRE game). You may be able to just ignore them and go over the gate (I never tried, since I didn't know what the next step was at that point).

adikeo
12-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Actually I meant help or advice in terms of tactical strategy...what bombs were used and when, or what poison, etc. I don't think you can just run from them all...

Kytr
12-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Actually, that is exactly what I did. I didn't do any fighting or use any bombs until the fight at the gate. I tried using smoke at that point, but it always caused problems. In the end, I just fought that battle straight to get the achievement. Impact Poison or stink might work for this, but the situation really doesn't favor using bombs.

nash_trickster
12-03-2011, 02:59 AM
First, reach the crates that are shown to you in the cutscene "stealthily", by climbing the big pillar and then proceding along the wall to the powder crates.

Then, when you reach that point, there's indeed quite a few groups of guards to take care of... I used mostly Datura Bombs (the poison ones) to take care of them.

I used a Datura bomb on the first group ( simply throwing over the "palissade"), then used a "sound" bomb to attract the next group (which is out of sight just after the first flight of stairs) in the corner opposite where I came from and used another Datura Bomb on them while they were investigating.

I then walked up these stairs and opened the chest to get the incendiary.

I then threw another "sound" bomb just past the next set of stairs to get the guards standing at the top of them (out of sight once again) to walk down (stay close to the right hand side of the corridor and they won't see you as they come down) and poisonned them with another Datura bomb.

If you haven't gotten any boosts in bomb capacity, then you should be out of Datura ones. But don't forget you can rebuild the bombs that you're equipped with (as long as you've got the ingredients) without having to get to a "bomb-making closet", by simply getting into your weapon menu and adding a bomb...

The next group is a bit more tricky to lure, you need to stand by the bottom of the stairs' right corner and throw a "sound" bomb to the left of the upper landing (if you don't get your "hiding spot" right, the guards'll see you as they walk by to investigate) and just throw a Datura bomb to take care of them...

And so on... I don't remember the exact locations of all the groups of guards that, but luring them out group by group with sound bombs and then getting rid of them with Datura ones isn't that hard. You just need to make sure you've got the necessary ingredients to build about 8 of each type before starting that memory.

Using this technique, I got to the end of that memory without once having to draw my sword http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

An additionnal advice: it's a good idea to keep a few Caltrop bombs at the ready too, "just in case"... For, if you fail to correctly lure a group of guards away from you and poison them unnoticed, dropping a Caltrop at your feet will give you a few seconds to take care of them without fearing any form of retaliation. Can't hurt! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hope that helps