PDA

View Full Version : Seafire best plane to counter Japanese.

mortoma
03-08-2005, 11:21 PM
I had flown all the U.S. planes against the Japanese planes and did ok most of the time. But holy smokes just tried the Seafire and it is so good even KI-84s are totally helpless against it.
Even though it's slow it is far better than even the Corsair for countering most Japanese planes!!
And it is way better than any of the Cats too. The extra manueverability it has over the others makes the difference. I may never fly any other allied fighter in the Pacific again............

mortoma
03-08-2005, 11:21 PM
I had flown all the U.S. planes against the Japanese planes and did ok most of the time. But holy smokes just tried the Seafire and it is so good even KI-84s are totally helpless against it.
Even though it's slow it is far better than even the Corsair for countering most Japanese planes!!
And it is way better than any of the Cats too. The extra manueverability it has over the others makes the difference. I may never fly any other allied fighter in the Pacific again............

Hristo_
03-08-2005, 11:23 PM
In real life it lacked range.

Blackdog5555
03-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Also, IRL, I've read that the choice to allow for great maneuverablity meant the thing wasnt really study enough for carrier operation. Broke up alot on landing.
>But yes it's the easiest to fly and land and has great firepower.
>You get more browny points if you can kill Zeros with a Wildcat though.

FatBoyHK
03-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Good TnB plane is not necessarily a good all-round plane, lol

and in most circumstances it is stupid to TnB with a zero, right?

Hristo_
03-09-2005, 12:45 AM
One should note that Zero was the most formidable when it was faster than US planes.

In fact, it wasn't its TnB qualities that made it dominate early in the war, but its speed and range. Go figure http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Once US planes became faster, Zero dominance was lost. It probably turned even better at the time, compared to US planes.

ploughman
03-09-2005, 02:03 AM
I agree, in game it rules, In game, as oppossed to reality, it's one of the easiest planes to land on a carrier because of it's enormous tail hook and docile handling. It's performance and fire power are formidable, and it's limited range isn't an issue for most missions. You can fly the RN Iwo Jima Campaign safe in the knowledge that, unless you're a complete muppet, the only thing you have to worry about is ground fire and the golden BB.

tigertalon
03-09-2005, 06:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mortoma:
But holy smokes just tried the Seafire and it is so good even KI-84s are totally helpless against it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, you are joking right? Or maybe speaking about offline play, where AI just turns even with Fw190 against a zero? Ah, now I get it, probably I didn't notice that 3.05 patch is released where Ki84 and SpitIX are modelled for Earth and not a planet with more dense air and 10x less gravity, like now, LOL.

I agree it is a very good plane, but it can't hold on it's own against a Ki84 when this one is flown properly.

JG53Frankyboy
03-09-2005, 06:58 AM
online speed and climb performance is for me much more important than turn ability !

well offline - i very seldom do that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif - the AI turns , even the heavy US ones vs the japanese http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif and often get slaughtered

VW-IceFire
03-09-2005, 07:55 AM
Seafire is good against the Japanese but there's several Japanese planes that outperform it.

The Frank, Raiden, and George are all better than it in performance.

Its a decent plane, but its essentially a conversion of a 1942 Spitfire Mark V into a carrier aircraft. Its not really that superb in total performance...its not bad against Zeros mind you.

p1ngu666
03-09-2005, 08:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Seafire is good against the Japanese but there's several Japanese planes that outperform it.

The Frank, Raiden, and George are all better than it in performance.

Its a decent plane, but its essentially a conversion of a 1942 Spitfire Mark V into a carrier aircraft. Its not really that superb in total performance...its not bad against Zeros mind you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

indeed...
need seahornet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

horseback
03-09-2005, 10:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hristo_:
In real life it lacked range. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...and landing gear, after about three or four carrier traps.

cheers

horseback