PDA

View Full Version : Problem with an update?

lolepiczz
09-23-2010, 01:48 PM
I have just bought this game and i was just about to play it when an update came up, as soon as it did i got disconnected from xbox live causing me to not be able to do the update because it constantly, has anyone got any idea's for fixing this (i can still play the game but i want to do the update and be able to link my gamertag to uplay)

Mr_Shade
09-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Hi there,

When you get the notice of an Update for any game, the Xbox does report 'disconnected from Xbox Live' - it is still connected though, so you just have to choose it to update 'yes' [A] and it will download the update and then reconnect to Xbox Live.

This happens with all Xbox titles, so can be confusing at first.

If you mean it does not connect to xbox live after the update, then you will need to trouble shoot the connection or contact xbox live support - since it should connect back up automatically.

magesupermaster
09-23-2010, 02:00 PM
The only thing there is to do is to fix the connection..

lolepiczz
09-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Hi there,

When you get the notice of an Update for any game, the Xbox does report 'disconnected from Xbox Live' - it is still connected though, so you just have to choose it to update 'yes' [A] and it will download the update and then reconnect to Xbox Live.

This happens with all Xbox titles, so can be confusing at first.
okay next time i go on the game i will try, but i think it closes the option for the update and just continues on with the loading of the game.

extrememuffin
09-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by lolepiczz:
I have just bought this game and i was just about to play it when an update came up, as soon as it did i got disconnected from xbox live causing me to not be able to do the update because it constantly, has anyone got any idea's for fixing this (i can still play the game but i want to do the update and be able to link my gamertag to uplay)
i hade this problem a long time ago with an update for AC:II. i was on the PS3 and i started up the game and it said there was an update so i started downloading it and then i got signed out so it asked if i wanted to continue. i said yes 5sec later it asked again. I said yes again 5sec later it asked again and i said yes again. it continued constantly asking me until i accidently selected no. after that it just went straight into the game and i couldnt figure out how to update.

i eventually updated when another update came along so it gave me both updates. pretty much my solution to your problem is wait for a new update but if this is AC:II then there might not be another update coming and you will either have to live with it or contact Ubisoft and ask what to do.