PDA

View Full Version : A sword fight on MP???hmm...really plausible!

GreekAssassin2
09-25-2010, 04:27 AM
I don't know if anyone has meant this before but there is a way for a sword fight on mp.All it needs is to "re-applied" one move to the game!on Ac1 Altair could break the defence of the guards with a front step and then a strike(you have to do it exactly at the right time though).The guards were able to do that too.So if on mp someone is using defence again and again we could break it!

(sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes)

So,what do you think??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

notafanboy
09-25-2010, 04:29 AM
no

Victoroos
09-25-2010, 04:40 AM
Posted Sat September 25 2010 03:27
I don't know if anyone has meant this before but there is a way for a sword fight on mp.All it needs is to "re-applied" one move to the game!on Ac1 Altair could break the defence of the guards with a front step and then a strike(you have to do it exactly at the right time though).The guards were able to do that too.So if on mp someone is using defence again and again we could break it!
a litleto short awner, but it's the essenc. i alsothink it wan't be good, cause then it'get's a who press first-who kills firt game,

RandomRansom
09-25-2010, 05:00 AM
Yeah, it won't work. Especially if you think of having multiple people after you or after your target. Get into a sword fight and get stabbed by the one hunting you, from behind. Get into a sword right and watch another guy hunting your target stab him in the back...

And if you can kill your pursuer then it descends into an almost typical death match... kind of boring and old hat. They were going for something mostly new with their multiplayer.

In essence, they already have the possibility of a conga-line of assassinations (someone kills their target, you kill the person who just killed them because they are your target, you get killed by your pursuer because they were behind you, and your pursuer gets killed by the one hunting them because they saw all that happen) that you can't really avoid due to animations of those assassinations. Having sword fights would just increase the possibility of that or similar things.

Maybe if they had a multiplayer mode that was simply sword fighting with your opponent(s).

GreekAssassin2
09-25-2010, 05:26 AM
yeah i know that chaos might happen but i just dropped an idea

RandomRansom
09-25-2010, 05:29 AM
And I'm not saying the idea doesn't have merit. It just wouldn't work in the presently known modes of multiplayer. If they had a sword fight mode, then it could very well work. I wouldn't mind being in a sword fight with a human intelligence (if they got the gameplay worked out well enough).

GreekAssassin2
09-25-2010, 05:32 AM
yeah man i didn't mean to add sword fight on Wanted mode...just a sword fight type mode but it will be more complex and not just fight...i don't know...xD

RandomRansom
09-25-2010, 05:56 AM
It's all good. I think that if you had mentioned a sword fight mode or at least not adding it into wanted or alliance modes or whatnot, then you would have gotten a better first response. Not just someone saying, "no" LOL

I could see a duel at dawn mode or something. Maybe you even enter a map and can pick who you want to duel (like you take a glove and slap them with it to initiate the duel). The only issue would be lag in internet connection messing things up. Sword fights might need quick reactions. They'd need to get that to work right.

adarwinter
09-25-2010, 06:07 AM
when UBI said AC:B will have MP that's what i was thinking about - a few gameplay modes where u engage in swordfights with other humans.

for that to work they had to re-balance the entire system. bring power attacks and defense breakers from AC1 along with the delicate timing it takes to counter.
in essence - AC1 had a much better fighting system that made a lot more sense but was stripped out of it's internal logic in favor of a new system in AC2 which makes no sense, takes less skill, is less balanced all in favor of easy fights and a few more animations.

in order for a sword fight to work there should be a counter for everything -
if someone is blocking then there should be a defense break.
if someone's defense is broken he should be able to dodge.
if someone dodges than there should be a way to get him as he stops his dodge movement.
light attacks can be countered or blocked but are fast.
heavy attacks are slow but can't be countered or blocked and must be dodged.
stuff like that.
things should be based on delicate timing which will require skill to perform.

the fighting system in AC:B looks like it tailored for SP and not MP and they will not re-invent it a second time for MP alone. i'd LOVE to see a few MP modes where sword fighting is a part of it but looking at combat in AC:B makes me believe we won't see it.

GreekAssassin2
09-25-2010, 08:04 AM
RandomRansom they can make the game to not be laggy at all!i don't know how but for example on Red Dead Redemption lag is an unknown word! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

adarwinter yeah,i think i agree with you

RandomRansom
09-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by GreekAssassin2:
RandomRansom they can make the game to not be laggy at all!i don't know how but for example on Red Dead Redemption lag is an unknown word! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Not if you have a crappy internet connection (crappy ISP really). If your broadband provider is slower... lag. If you're on a router and your kid sister starts downloading Justin Beidererer (or whatever) videos taking up your bandwidth... lag. Sure that's not a problem that Ubi created, but it might be one they have to take into account.

@adarwinter
Yep, that's what I'm talkin' about. Yeah! Good gameplay for a duel style mode.

GarethNelson
09-25-2010, 08:52 AM

It can be optimised using various tricks, each with their different tradeoffs, but lag is inevitable.

If you have a high-latency connection then nothing on earth is going to remove the lag other than fixing your connection.

For example, if it takes 500ms for packets to reach the server from your machine then every action you attempt will take at LEAST 500ms to complete, not including time to process the packet on the server end and time to send out the updates to other players.

About the only thing that can be done is to make the updates smaller, but that still won't get past the basic issue.

GreekAssassin2
09-25-2010, 09:11 AM
@RandomRansom on RDR even when my bro is downloading sth i rarely have a prob!in other games i usually face small lag,but in the other games,downloading makes the small lag a big one...oh,i don't have fast internet connection!only 2 mbps

@GarethNelson it might be inevitable(in most games yes it is)but when it's not too laggy there is no problem

RandomRansom
09-25-2010, 10:11 AM
@RandomRansom on RDR even when my bro is downloading sth i rarely have a prob!in other games i usually face small lag,but in the other games,downloading makes the small lag a big one...oh,i don't have fast internet connection!only 2 mbps

@GarethNelson it might be inevitable(in most games yes it is)but when it's not too laggy there is no problem

Have you ever played with someone who lives in Japan or somehwere else overseas? I've found lag there even with my blistering (lol) 1 mbps which doesn't give me lag for those around where I live (read: in the same country). That's an issue you just can't fix. Data takes time to transfer.

I agree that if it's not too laggy, then there's no problem. However, it's just something that needs to be taken into account when making such gameplay features.

GreekAssassin2
09-25-2010, 02:48 PM
ok i admit it...when i play with japanese guys it's laggy as hell,but with guys from europe and USA is fine....anyway,as you said it needs to be taken into account

AubreyWilborn
09-25-2010, 02:55 PM
It would be GREAT to be able to swordfight on MP, although I kinda understand why they didn't implement it-it's so difficult to work out.

I would just like to be able kill my tail. I mean, when I find out who's trying to assasinate them, it sucks to ONLY have the option to run away from them, in "chase mode".

GreekAssassin2
09-25-2010, 03:04 PM
@AubreyWilborn if you talk about the Wanted mode you can't "fight" back!actually if you see them and have the chance you can humilate them and automatically release their contract on you

RandomRansom
09-25-2010, 03:18 PM
@AubreyWilborn if you talk about the Wanted mode you can't "fight" back!actually if you see them and have the chance you can humilate them and automatically release their contract on you

Yeah, and besides... you're not supposed to kill anyone without cause. If you're not contracted to kill someone, then your assassin instincts should say, "RUN," or, "Reveal this person to the crowd so they can't kill me." Doesn't the humiliation technique also reveal that person to their hunter? I thought I heard that was one of the side-effects.

GreekAssassin2
09-26-2010, 05:53 AM
@RandomRansom i don't really understand your last question :/

RandomRansom
09-26-2010, 08:54 AM
@RandomRansom i don't really understand your last question :/

When you "humiliate" the person who is trying to kill you, I heard that it reveals that person to the hunter trying to kill them. But I'm not sure that's been revealed in any specific way (other than an off hand comment during an interview or the like).

Does that clear up the confusion?

Keksus
09-26-2010, 09:01 AM
http://img2.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/07262008/8/f/b/8/8fb847ae1aad10_full.jpg

I don't want that they also make the social stealth useless in the MP mode. They already made it useless in SP.

RandomRansom
09-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Keksus:

I don't want that they also make the social stealth useless in the MP mode. They already made it useless in SP.

Oh, no no. I meant only after being humiliated. I want the social stealth to be huge in MP. Though, you still have to utilize it (not run, not climb, etc.). If you were looking for your target and saw a guy who looked like him get slapped by another player... chances are, that's your target. That may be all they were referring to.

GreekAssassin2
09-26-2010, 09:47 AM
yeah pretty clear...but guys...how can we use social stealth when the detector fills only when the hunter is right next to his victim??

RandomRansom
09-26-2010, 09:51 AM
I think it also fills if our hunter is not using social stealth to move. For instance, if he's running and you are "within spotting distance" of him, then I believe you get the little red indicator.

GreekAssassin2
09-26-2010, 10:00 AM
if that's true is really good! but i think it's also happening the oposite.i mean if you're hunting someone while you're running the victim we'll spot you and will have the chance to run.on the other hand,if you attack him stealthily he won't see it coming!

RandomRansom
09-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Indeed. The concept works both ways. That's what makes it such a great idea for this type of multiplayer.

GreekAssassin2
09-26-2010, 10:09 AM
that's true