PDA

View Full Version : S! RBers care to chime?

XyZspineZyX
06-21-2003, 03:51 AM
S! all

I'm wondering if this sim is anything like RB online? I saw the 16 max on the box..not like our hayday but we still have some sweet battles with 30. ILFB any good in multi or is all melee? I hear of online races and coop but never much 'glee' over all out online use. Please post advice.

S! Ty ahead~ Ned

XyZspineZyX
06-21-2003, 03:51 AM
S! all

I'm wondering if this sim is anything like RB online? I saw the 16 max on the box..not like our hayday but we still have some sweet battles with 30. ILFB any good in multi or is all melee? I hear of online races and coop but never much 'glee' over all out online use. Please post advice.

S! Ty ahead~ Ned

XyZspineZyX
06-21-2003, 03:59 AM
Salute

As someone who continues to fly RED BARON, along with a number of members of my Squad, I can say that along with RED BARON and EUROPEAN AIR WAR, IL-2/FORGOTTEN BATTLES is one of the three best Propellor flight sims ever created.

IL-2 is not quite as good as RED BARON in terms of its convenience of online flying. RED BARON routinely saw 30-48 pilots online, with 36 providing an excellent experience. IL-2 was excellent with 16. FORGOTTEN BATTLE is not quite as good, although the code should be re-written in the upcoming patch and hopefully improved.

As far as the graphics, Flight model and Damage model, IL-2 is far more complex and detailed, although it has some gaps in certain areas.

I'd certainly recommend it.

Cheers RAF74 Buzzsaw