PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS HOW I DEAL WITH DD

reumatiib
04-08-2005, 01:39 AM
In deep water I merely go to 70 to 100 meters, I sit in ONE SPOT and allow the DD to drop on me - I don't move - because the more I move the more they keep trying to hit my NEW location. Once they hit my FIXED location once or twice they don't usually hit that spot again. Thus my U-boat tactics are NONE. Because the depth charges are just too weak to crack me open - and the DD give up too fast.

In SH2 I had running battles with DD that lasted for up to 3 hours or 8NM. If I parked myself, I died.

Real U-boats survived depth charges by MOVING ALOT. In SH2 you have to move alot. In SH3, its to good idea not to.

But I have a temporary fix: I now scrape the bottom as I leave port to weaken my sub before patrol.

reumatiib
04-08-2005, 01:39 AM
In deep water I merely go to 70 to 100 meters, I sit in ONE SPOT and allow the DD to drop on me - I don't move - because the more I move the more they keep trying to hit my NEW location. Once they hit my FIXED location once or twice they don't usually hit that spot again. Thus my U-boat tactics are NONE. Because the depth charges are just too weak to crack me open - and the DD give up too fast.

In SH2 I had running battles with DD that lasted for up to 3 hours or 8NM. If I parked myself, I died.

Real U-boats survived depth charges by MOVING ALOT. In SH2 you have to move alot. In SH3, its to good idea not to.

But I have a temporary fix: I now scrape the bottom as I leave port to weaken my sub before patrol.

HEAT.GRLSOV
04-08-2005, 01:50 AM
Right...a third topic about the same thing...
Do you intentionally miss the 'reply' button?
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

CCIP
04-08-2005, 01:50 AM
*sigh*

I understand you have a concern, but will you stop issuing the same complaint already, despite indications from all sides that your solution is just wrong?

Others, strangely, claim that moving a lot makes you too hard to hit.

There are some issues that may make DD attacks a little ineffective, but it really does not seem like DC strength is the problem. Stronger DC's are a workaround, not a solution here. Simply put, DD AI and sensors do need some adjustment, sub damage model and damage repair may need some adjustment, sub acceleration and water transparency may need some adjustment.

But for the last time... there's nothing wrong with the DC's. As someone else said, you're barking up the wrong tree... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

alanschu
04-08-2005, 02:46 AM
I thought it was cool when I saw a V&W doing depth charge runs precisely where I was earlier....I hadn't been detected moving away, and he kept strafing the area.

As for the depth charges, the mystical ones that you describe aren't actually real....that's why they aren't in the game.

Nanuk66
04-08-2005, 02:58 AM
I personally think that you need to get out more reumatiib, you tard.

Xnomad
04-08-2005, 02:58 AM
The first two times I got Depthcharged in SHIII the very first Depthcharge that left the DD killed me. Yep I must be really unlucky. Try not moving near the surface. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

reumatiib
04-08-2005, 07:45 AM
sure id the DC land right on top of you they kill you. The problem is they should kill you at further distances. The odds that they will land one on top of you when you are deep is not high - so staying parked WORKS.

"Others, strangely, claim that moving a lot makes you too hard to hit." There is no strangely about it - I too THOUGHT that moving helped. But I ran tests over and over and found it wasn't needed. The only TARDS in this deal is SH3 DDs and those who actually think that they are ACES OF THE DEEP because they can so easily rack up tonage.

axeman3d
04-08-2005, 08:34 AM
I'm going to have to throw my hat in with the 'reumatiib/******' camp on this one. Once again we have someone for whom the game is a trivial thing and nowhere near as hard as the real thing, and the rest of us are useless for not realising this.

NEWSFLASH......NEWSFLASH.....
This isn't real, it really is just a game/simulation and in no way is meant to be taken as a definitive U-Boat experience. You cant run a U-Boat single handed, and no one expects you to. You cant play the game real time all the time unless you're a smelly unemployed loner.

VennDaMan
04-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Here's how I deal with themhttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/shaun1488/SH3Img4-4-2005_6.bmp

Trackman53
04-08-2005, 09:15 AM
reumatiib,

Go over to the Subsim forums. Someone over there posted what to change to make the DC stronger.

Rick

Stuntcow
04-08-2005, 10:19 AM
I likes Venn plan... It works for me.

I have lost a boat to DC so, to me, they work enuff.

alanschu
04-08-2005, 11:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>sure id the DC land right on top of you they kill you. The problem is they should kill you at further distances. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any information I have found on them would indicate otherwise.

600 pound ones need to be within 5 meters to really do any serious damage...and even then it's not a guarantee. Couple that with the fact that the DDs are NOT dropping 600 lb ones, and you require a really close hit to take damage...just like real life. Excellent work SH3...none of this arcadey "huge splash damage DCs" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Nikodemus-LH
04-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Please reumatism don't come to subsim forums....
pretty please ....
ok?