PDA

View Full Version : rudder control

sarracenia
10-17-2009, 02:15 PM
I have just installed pacific fighters again after a while out of the cockpit and had the idea to try my driving pedals for the rudder. They are logitech wingman and I managed to get them working except that the right and left are inverted. My calibration program doesnt appear to let me swap this but I wondered if any one else had tried this.

cheers S

AndyJWest
10-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Provided the pedals are treated as a single axis by IL-2, this shouldn't be a problem. Just go to the HOTAS section in the Controls configuration window, and look to see what axis is reported for rudder. If for example it says Z-Axis, you should be able to reset it by selecting that, and pressing the other pedal so it says -Z-Axis. Alternately, you could find the settings.ini file for your pilot (in IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Users\'PilotsName'), and change the relevant setting. I think this will look something like AXE_Z JoystickDevice0=rudder, which you should change to JoystickDevice0=-rudder, or vice versa. It is possible that the rudder pedals will not be reported as Z-Axis, but the principle should be the same.

Waldo.Pepper
10-17-2009, 03:39 PM
I managed to get them working except that the right and left are inverted

If I understand this correctly - in the controls section when you are setting them up KICK THEM THE OTHER WAY! Then press apply.

Stiletto-
10-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Yes what Waldo said, I use a set of Logi G25's with the 3rd Pedal as a wheel brake. If you are depressing the left pedal when you calibrate it in the IL-2 menu, you either need to press the right one, or press the left one all the way down BEFORE you assign it, and then when its ready to assign, you DEPRESS the pedal up. Either of these should work.

sarracenia
10-18-2009, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the input, I have got the pedals moving correctly now although in the input section the the game sees the rudder controller as the joystick when it comes to adjusting the settings. Also seem to have a problem with the pov which I am working at.

thanks S