PDA

View Full Version : Always with the negative waves

dogofwar50
03-26-2011, 08:35 AM
All this winging and moaning about an epilepsy filter is more depressing than the fact that it has been introduced.

So 1C have installed a filter which stops the possibility of some of you rolling on the floor foaming at the mouth and swallowing your own tongues, or worse smacking your heads off the corner of you computer desk causing a brain hemorage and possible death.

Whats more important Life or a game folks.

So for a short while we will have to put up with a possible loss of aprox 10 fps and some flashings parts of the overall visual effects.

And as for the loss of SLI performance untill it is up and running correctly well name me one game on the market that 100% requires a true SLI or Crossfire setup.

Some of you say you feel betrayed by 1C and UBI because of these things but to be honest don't you think you are betraying yourself by being so petty over something so truely trivial.

I won't be cancelling my pre-order over this and while those who have sit in there tarnished ivory towers feeling all rightious and such I will be having fun shooting down bombers over the channel and landing in time for bacon and eggs.

Dogofwar50

Halfen
03-26-2011, 09:48 AM
I am just wondering if this "filter" will mess up the airflow of my rig and cause it to overheat.
Staying with my pre-orders and I will be having kippers.

saipan1972
03-26-2011, 10:08 AM
LOL, amazon just emailed me saying the game is delayed, yet AGAIN to end of april. no convulsions for me, yet.

bigchump
03-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Your bacon and eggs might be cold by the time you get back if you have to fly at 10fps.

Stiletto-
03-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Its the principal of the matter, it is a slippery slope. Not too mention it is a censorship of artwork.

First they dumb down the graphics for people that KNOW they shouldn't be playing it in the first place.. Next thing you know they are going to ban candy bars from all stores because a diabetic might eat one, and then they they are going to ban kids from going outside at recess in the daytime because you might get permanent eye damage if you look at the sun. Someone might sue Ubi, Mars candy and they might sue the school board. **** is getting ridiculous.

Oh yeah, and Coffee should have to be served at room temperature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

If we keep saying this kind of **** is okay, every produced item in the world will become junk.

JtD
03-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by dogofwar50:
All this winging and moaning about an epilepsy filter is more depressing than the fact that it has been introduced.

I totally agree.

ROXunreal
03-26-2011, 01:54 PM
While I agree that the scope of the crying about this issue on this forum is ridiculous, and that this probably won't be a big issue at all, it's still downright idiotic that they have to force this on you. I'll buy the game regardless (not from Ubi, who is still the reason why the devs had to implement this non-optionally on the western release, and because of their shameful attitude towards this game in general).

But I'll discuss this just for the sake of discussion...

So 1C have installed a filter which stops the possibility of some of you rolling on the floor foaming at the mouth and swallowing your own tongues, or worse smacking your heads off the corner of you computer desk causing a brain hemorage and possible death.

lol

What part about "legal disclaimer" and "epileptics shouldn't play this game" don't you understand?

This "issue" (which wasn't an issue for any other game out of thousands before that I know of) is easilly addressed by placing the following line on the box or in the EULA:

"This game may cause seizures in people with epilepsy. If you have photosensitive epilepsy you shouldn't play this game, and 1C/Ubisoft accepts no responsibility for any injury or death if you disregard this warning."

OR, they could have just added the filter with an on/off swich, and a message at game startup that says this can cause epilepsy and if you suffer from it you should leave the filter on, and if you don't, you can turn it off and play the game like you played every other game in your life before. Since when did offering the customer a choice on how to use the product that he bought become undesirable?

The very idea that this has to be enforced on everybody, because of that 0.1% of population that may get seizures is apparently so stupid that they cannot make an informed choice, is absolutely, insultingly idiotic.

As is the idea that flight sims and this game in particular offer any more seizure-triggering stimuli than any other of the thousands of arcade FPS games with flashing firearm flames, tracers, explosions, lasers and whatnot. Please.

M_Gunz
03-26-2011, 02:33 PM
So for a short while we will have to put up with a possible loss of aprox 10 fps and some flashings parts of the overall visual effects.

It could be as short as changing the config to turn it off.

buchner.jg53
03-26-2011, 02:53 PM
It could be as short as changing the config to turn it off.

I have the Russian version will be able to disable through the conf.ini file. I hope it's the same for a worldwide release.

julian265
03-26-2011, 05:39 PM

Some people die when they eat nuts. But you probably eat them. What's more important, life or eating nuts?

Some people die when they are in a car crash. But you probably drive. What's more important, life or transport?

My point: the comparison of life and gaming is not a valid comparison, because the vast majority of people can have both at the same time.

Rjel
03-26-2011, 06:09 PM

So 1C have installed a filter which stops the possibility of some of you rolling on the floor foaming at the mouth and swallowing your own tongues, or worse smacking your heads off the corner of you computer desk causing a brain hemorage and possible death...

...Whats more important Life or a game folks.

Some of you say you feel betrayed by 1C and UBI because of these things but to be honest don't you think you are betraying yourself by being so petty over something so truely trivial.

Dogofwar50

It gets so irritating and worse predictable, that every time something perceived as a problem about CoD comes to light, a poster, usually someone who isn't easily identifiable as a regular will arrive to pat everyone on the head and tell us it's all ok. They just know it. Guess what? I know it's a damn game. I know it's not real life. I don't need you or anyone else to clue me in. Everyone knows.

We, a great many of us anyway have been long time supporters of this series. But whether anyone here is new or old, we all are being asked to put down our hard earned money on a game that appears to be in trouble, without any guarantee it is fixable now or in the near future. Couple that with little to no solid information in the last few weeks, I think it is very understandable why people are upset.

Life goes on. With or without CoD. But none of us need any hackneyed virtual advise on how you think we should be acting. It just smacks of Ubi forum moles being sent in to shut people up.

Crazy_Goanna
03-27-2011, 02:30 AM
WTF I didn't know they don't have epilepsy in Russia until this topic came to my attention.

Why don't they have a warning on keyboards (or a filter) that says to not use if you have been drinking or have taken more medication than has been prescribed as the dose you should safely take.

Treetop64
03-27-2011, 02:54 AM

And as for the loss of SLI performance untill it is up and running correctly well name me one game on the market that 100% requires a true SLI or Crossfire setup.

I won't be cancelling my pre-order over this and while those who have sit in there tarnished ivory towers feeling all rightious and such I will be having fun shooting down bombers over the channel and landing in time for bacon and eggs.

Dogofwar50

Hey, sanctimonious one; you're missing the point.

dogofwar50
03-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Life goes on. With or without CoD. But none of us need any hackneyed virtual advise on how you think we should be acting. It just smacks of Ubi forum moles being sent in to shut people up

I would just like to point out I am a 42 yr old IT Technician in a secondary school in Essex UK and not a mole for anyone.

I like most on these forums have been a staunch IL2 enthusiast for the past 9 yrs and have as you point out suffered the trial and tribulations of having a product that isn't up to scratch on first release. But unlike most that I have seen here at the moment I am not going to throw my teddy in the corner or cut my nose of to spite my face over something I feel is so trivial.

I don't have an UBER rig to play the game but I am still going to play it and wait for the fixes to come rolling in as I have in the past. I just don't see how cancelling a game we have waited for is going to change anything and feel the only people who it will effect are the ones doing so.

Schutze_S
03-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Ditto Dogofwar50

Who can resist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ayer_embedded#at=276 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7DBhT2iLM0&feature=player_embedded#at=276)

Placed my order and looking foreward to years of fun.

Visable legs and hands would make it so much more immersive, but hey can't have everything. But we can never give up trying.