PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR SPOILER AC:R Ending and Storyline question... Plot Hole?

KiShiDo
11-14-2011, 10:21 AM
The ending makes no sense and so the storyline of the game... even if it is freaking awesome... but there are 2 heavy plot holes

1. How can Ezio relive Altair's memories...? The sequences he relives are already past the sequence where Altair knocked Maria and get her pregnant... AND FROM THAT EXACT TIME WE KNOW FROM AC2 that Desmond wasn't able to relive Altair's memories cuz the genetics were mixed up... So Ezio shouldn't work either...

2. HOW IN HELL DO THEY KNOW, THAT THEIR FUTURE grand grand son will be named Desmond? Ezio is OK cuz he heard the name? But with the endign we knew Altair knew it as well but wasn't able to give him the message cuz he already had a child...

Strange really strange

Jexx21
11-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Ezio is not related to Altair

The seals contain Altair's memories. Altair put them there. The seals are NOT the animus. Desmond can only relive genetic memories with the Animus. Ezio can relive Altair's memories because the seals are what contains those memories.

And I haven't played the game so I can't answer #2

KiShiDo
11-14-2011, 11:41 AM
You are the first one thinking that he isn't related to Altair... Did I miss something o_O In game it seems more than clear that Ezio is a descenant of Altair as well... But play it first...

And even more... Alone the scar all of them have across the lips makes it pretty clear... Not even talking about the same face

Jexx21
11-14-2011, 12:23 PM
UbiSoft confirmed a looooong time ago that Ezio is not a descendant of Altair. He is not related to Altair, and the games never even said he was.

Smegger_56
11-26-2011, 07:37 PM
True... but the fact that they all look a like (even when they changed the characters look in revelations) suggested they where.

iN3krO
11-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by KiShiDo:
You are the first one thinking that he isn't related to Altair... Did I miss something o_O In game it seems more than clear that Ezio is a descenant of Altair as well... But play it first...

Ezio seems to be part of the mother/dad lineage and Altiar of the other.

That's why desmond gens are so strong, they are a mix of 2 hybrids.

for the OP second question:
Altair never said Desmond would be seeing him. He even said anywhere: This is a message for the future. and some1 asked him: Who? and he said: I don't know.

Kinda sad altair, ezio and desmond do not meet somehow... it would be a really thing seeing altair, ezio and desmond talking with each other (meaning time travel could happens).

eagleforlife1
11-27-2011, 04:10 AM
Both of OP's questions have both been answered. Ezio viewed Altair's memory through the seals and they aren't related anyway.

Altair was asked who the message was for and he said he wish he knew.

Will_Lucky
11-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by KiShiDo:

2. HOW IN HELL DO THEY KNOW, THAT THEIR FUTURE grand grand son will be named Desmond? Ezio is OK cuz he heard the name? But with the endign we knew Altair knew it as well but wasn't able to give him the message cuz he already had a child...

Strange really strange

Altair owned the Apple for 70ish years, it told him things and obviously it told him of Ezio/Desmond.

erudit0
11-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Will_Lucky:

Altair owned the Apple for 70ish years, it told him things and obviously it told him of Ezio/Desmond.

Exactly. If anyone remembers, Altair told Abbas that he had learned much about the future, and then he "shows" Abbas about the future by shooting him. A gun in the 12th century just like Ezios? For sure Altair had seen many things in the Apple that took part in the future.