PDA

View Full Version : Earlier

DukeFirewood
11-13-2010, 03:17 AM
Hi Guys,

One thing that has always puzzled me is why does N. America always get games about 3 days earlier then the rest of the world?
I have just been over to GameSpot and some guys there already have the game and are playing it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
And here I am waiting like a dog for his bone.

DeafAtheist
11-13-2010, 03:22 AM
I think it's mainly due to regional media release dates. DVD/Blu-Ray movies and video games release mainly on Tuesdays here in North America. Seems like Europe they tend to release on Fridays.

Some people in North America sometimes get games early on Fridays by buying them from local mom & pop stores that sell them as soon as they get them instead of waiting for the official release date.

obliviondoll
11-13-2010, 03:25 AM
Also add: This particular release is made in Canada. Canada is part of North America. Which is the closest place to ship to? The rest of North America or elsewhere?

DukeFirewood
11-13-2010, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Also add: This particular release is made in Canada. Canada is part of North America. Which is the closest place to ship to? The rest of North America or elsewhere?

Yeah N. America is closer to ship to but then game suppliers just have to hold onto their stock until the official release date.
I don't want anyone to think I'm moaning. I just never understood why and now I really notice it when my 2nd most fav game series in being released.

DukeFirewood
11-13-2010, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
I think it's mainly due to regional media release dates. DVD/Blu-Ray movies and video games release mainly on Tuesdays here in North America. Seems like Europe the tend to release on Fridays.

Some people in North America sometimes get games early on Fridays by buying them from local mom & pop stores that sell them as soon as they get them instead of waiting for the official release date.

I see, thanks. Its weird how different countries have their "release day" :P

DeafAtheist
11-13-2010, 03:46 AM
I think it also has something to do with region coding between NTSC and PAL formats.

DukeFirewood
11-13-2010, 04:02 AM
I see. Thanks for the answer mate. Guess I have to wait for my bone a bit longer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ninja_7_7
11-13-2010, 09:57 AM
dHa you saw my topic lol. But NA gets everything 3 days before (games, dvds, ect). That reminds me. Updates usually come out on tuesdays too so does European xboxs get the updates friday? But yea you guys do get the codex edition though.