PDA

View Full Version : Citizen conversations.

WarpSpeed10
11-23-2011, 08:37 PM
This has got to be one of my favorite aspects of this game. I was hiding in a group of civilians just outside the arsenal district and one guy in the group said the following hilarious dialogue.

"Do I not look ridiculous in these clothes? It's as if they have been randomly generated by a computer."

There's plenty of other funny lines in the game, but I thought I'd just include this awesome little Easter Egg. Post other funny lines you've heard while standing by civilians. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AdmiralPerry
11-23-2011, 11:28 PM
Whut? Did he seriously say that? I can't decide if that's hilarious or really dumb. I'll have to blend a little more and see what I can overhear. I've tuned it out a bit because all I've really heard are regular comments about work and that sort of thing.

Though, if you pay attention to the heralds, they will comment on events that happen in the game. After I assassinated a high-profile captain, the heralds were talking about it and saying how the killer must be found. Just today I heard another one announcing that Manuel was missing and no one knew where he was.

As for hilarious dialogue... Your mileage may vary on this, but I found this little tidbit amusing when I went back and replayed the mission where Ezio <span class="ev_code_WHITE">disguises himself as a Janissary.</span> Instead of finishing the mission immediately, I climbed over the wall and explored the city, or what little I could explore that wasn't blocked by a blasted Animus wall. Some citizens would stop and stare as I walked past, and one even yelled out praise as I went by.

LordWolv
11-24-2011, 12:18 AM
I heard that one! I laughed then blew them up.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

S-EVANS
11-24-2011, 10:43 AM
One of my funniest moments was in the original version i jumped onto a wall by accident whilst running in high profile and nudged a guard standing nearby in the process...

the guard looked at me and shouted "dont do that again" i just started laughing so hard it was well comical

SupremeCaptain
11-24-2011, 11:30 AM
I remember in a gameplay of AC1, and Patrice was playing it.

Guard: Your presence annoys me...

Patrice: I know.

LightRey
11-24-2011, 11:41 AM
This is somewhat unrelated, but I just found a citizen literally wearing a stool.

blazefp
11-24-2011, 12:57 PM
that's a glitch, I had it too. Then I pushed him and the stool felt, everything was normal again... Nooooooo xD

LightRey
11-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by blazefp:
that's a glitch, I had it too. Then I pushed him and the stool felt, everything was normal again... Nooooooo xD
xD
Sometimes I wish I had the PC versions of the games so I could make screenshots.

ProdiGurl
11-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by WarpSpeed10:
This has got to be one of my favorite aspects of this game. I was hiding in a group of civilians just outside the arsenal district and one guy in the group said the following hilarious dialogue.

"Do I not look ridiculous in these clothes? It's as if they have been randomly generated by a computer."

There's plenty of other funny lines in the game, but I thought I'd just include this awesome little Easter Egg. Post other funny lines you've heard while standing by civilians. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I've been dying laughing at the citizen & Doctor comments all thru this game & mentioned it in another thread.

Check out the Doctor too - in one area of the city as I was walking by, the doctor calls out something to the effect of
"I have fresh garlic poultices to cure all halitosis". LOL

I remember in ACB the doctor was shouting out about how he had lead based something or other to cure something else.
Lead based? hahha

& I really laugh when one guy says "why does he behave like a rabid monkey?" as I jump on a ledge nearby.

Some discussions have stuff about somebody's halitosis too.

Hysterical, I've been enjoying it alot .
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

blazefp
11-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
xD
Sometimes I wish I had the PC versions of the games so I could make screenshots.

I actually took a picture from my phone's camera, I just don't know how to put it on the net (yeah I'm ignorant at that point xD)

Skuldpt
11-24-2011, 04:13 PM
On the bazaar, I got in through the roof, every citizen were looking at me. They said "He must be out of his mind" "he is up there like a madman" them I trew money and they said "madman is rich" I laughed way to hard

blazefp
11-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Skuldpt:
On the bazaar, I got in through the roof, every citizen were looking at me. They said "He must be out of his mind" "he is up there like a madman" them I trew money and they said "madman is rich" I laughed way to hard

Haha never heard that, I'll definitely be paying more attention to other people's conversations

E-Zekiel
11-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
This is somewhat unrelated, but I just found a citizen literally wearing a stool.

Me too, lol.

Skuldpt
11-25-2011, 04:11 PM
When you trow money there is always someone saying "Atche" (the currency), but now I trew money near galata tower, and a beggar started to yell "ATCHE" really loud non stop and came after me yelling. I trew more money to see if he was going to stop and he stared at me, caught the money and came after me again yelling!

buckeyeman98
11-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Slightly unrelated but thought I would share anyway, I was half watching TV and half watching my little brother screw around in Skyrim, and he comes up in this cave on two bandits, he console command kills on so they just slump over, and the other walks over a few feet, looks down at the body and says calmly, "I'll find who ever did this." and just sits there. It was hilarious.

AssassinTrio
11-26-2011, 02:21 PM
I miss some of the old AC1 soundboards. They were really funny at times, and the guards were so dumb lol. I love it when they scream "INFIDEL DIE!" and then that music kicks in lmao. It's to funny.

I was running on the rooftops one time and then I jumped from rooftop to another one. And there was a huge gap. Lol so then the guard said "I will catch you!" And a split second after he said that, he fell of the roof and died. LOLLL it was the funniest thing ever http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Skuldpt
11-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by AssassinTrio:
I miss some of the old AC1 soundboards. They were really funny at times, and the guards were so dumb lol. I love it when they scream "INFIDEL DIE!" and then that music kicks in lmao. It's to funny.

I was running on the rooftops one time and then I jumped from rooftop to another one. And there was a huge gap. Lol so then the guard said "I will catch you!" And a split second after he said that, he fell of the roof and died. LOLLL it was the funniest thing ever http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

That happened to me in ACB, it was hilarious! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

PurpleHaze1980
01-19-2012, 01:02 AM
Everynow and then I catch pieces of conversations between the guards in AC:R. One conversation has a guard lamenting his betrothal to a woman he has not seen in 10 years and that he hopes she has not gotten fat.

Another conversation between guards had mention of leeches being used "down there" which made me giggle.

Another guard discussion I heard in a camp was about parents "not going through with the engagement".

A doctor talks about a garlic and coriander mix that works "for the rheumatism and salad". He also encourages people to take up his services as he is sure they have not had their "daily leeching".

I really need to listen more closely.

SixKeys
01-19-2012, 04:47 AM
One of my favorite doctor sayings from AC2 and ACB is something to the effect of "come back to see me if it starts turning green". And also: "Auf Wiedersehen! That's French".

I love how in AC1 you can literally kill a guy right next to a guard and the guard will just look around like an idiot: "Where's the one responsible for this?!"

GLHS
01-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Dude, AC1 is the best for gaurd reactions, but citizen reactions definately has to go to AC2. I love when the gauds in AC1 are like "If he falls, I will NOT catch him. Or when you run and hide somewhere and they stand right next to you and say something stupid like "Stop running!" or "he must've gotten away." I think my all time favorite though is in AC2 and Brotherhood when you kill somebody and the woman runs away screaming "I can't die! I'm beautiful!" and there's another one but I can't think of it right now. I've always wanted to just kinda stand around and listen to conversations, so I'm totally gonna do it now cuz of this thread lol.

gharlazufarc
01-19-2012, 05:42 PM
In ACR I bumped a citizen and then he said "Do you need a walking tutorial?!" or something. Hilarious.

PurpleHaze1980
01-20-2012, 01:24 AM
I was playing the original AC earlier (awesomely it came on my AC revelations disc) and after doing one of those "save citizen" side missions (bearing in mind that Alta´r had just killed four guards in front of said female citizen) the citizen (after speaking to Alta´r) looks down at the pile of dead guards around her feet and says "what has happened here?!". Very funny.

I've also had instances in AC:R where not even 5 seconds after a guard has been slaughtered the citizens passing by start complaining about the stench.

At one point I set a tripwire bomb on a roof (best place to ensure they're set off by guards and not civilians) and after setting off the decoy bomb the LONE guard kneels down and starts talking as if to someone else saying "smell the chemicals? A bomb was used" (something to that effect).

In AC:R after knocking over a man Ezio got yelled at with some comment like "I am a bug beneath your booties!"

The shop merchants are the best for funny phrases, such as the tailor who promises to clothe his customers in "silky bolts of joy".

SixKeys
01-20-2012, 09:16 AM
In AC1, every time I've just saved a citizen, immediately after their little thank you speech they stop and look at the dead guards lying around and go: "Oh no, who could have done such a thing?" You just watched me do it five seconds ago, you idiot!

PurpleHaze1980
01-20-2012, 01:29 PM
In AC1, every time I've just saved a citizen, immediately after their little thank you speech they stop and look at the dead guards lying around and go: "Oh no, who could have done such a thing?" You just watched me do it five seconds ago, you idiot!

Maybe this is them practicing their "I had nothing to do with this" routine.

I just remembered one from AC:R that Makes mr laugh. Occasionally when Ezio is running someone will yell out "father! Is that you? How did you escape?!" lol

TrueStoic
01-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Youve just added another 10 hours of gameplay to my SP save.

GLHS
01-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Maybe this is them practicing their "I had nothing to do with this" routine.

I just remembered one from AC:R that Makes mr laugh. Occasionally when Ezio is running someone will yell out "father! Is that you? How did you escape?!" lol

Lol omg really? That's so funny. I've never heard that, but I'm gonna crack up if I ever do.

PurpleHaze1980
01-25-2012, 02:09 AM
Lol omg really? That's so funny. I've never heard that, but I'm gonna crack up if I ever do.

I have to wonder if the European versions of the game differ from the US versions and other region versions...I've heard so many people say they've never heard this line, but I at least hear it three or four times every play.

GLHS
01-25-2012, 09:55 AM
They might be. If so, I'm kinda bummed now lol. I would love to hear that. I stood around in crowds the other day listening to people and they weren't that interesting. I find that more of the interesting comments happening when you're running, climbing, or running into people.

PurpleHaze1980
01-30-2012, 08:47 AM
They might be. If so, I'm kinda bummed now lol. I would love to hear that. I stood around in crowds the other day listening to people and they weren't that interesting. I find that more of the interesting comments happening when you're running, climbing, or running into people.

I know what you mean, I stood around in crowds for ages and they all talk about very general and not interesting things. Like you say, the best comments come when you bump into people and start causing trouble by running and knocking crap over.

PurpleHaze1980
02-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Came across these while playing AC Brotherhood.

While Ezio was approaching a citizen in need of saving/recruiting the male recruit in question said (while being held from behind by a guard): "I would ask you to kiss my *** but I cannot turn around thanks to your boyfriend here."

While passing a herald I heard a warning about the danger of clothes lines collapsing and to be careful the poles don't break as whites are hellish to clean.

Herald warns citizens about parking their carriages responsibly, guards are instructed to remove offending vehicles and excuses of "but it was only for a moment" will not be tolerated!

Herald begs for whoever stole the child from the madonna and child statue above the cheese merchant to please return it. "god will thank you."

Herald warns people to be careful when taking stone and marble from old ruins as part of the colloseum collapsed and crushed a kitten greatly distressing a senator.